Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Ent

Savant
All these bestseller rankings... who the fuck pre-orders a digital release a year before it comes out? Who???
Surprisingly a lot of girls at work. I didn't even know that many of them played videogames.

Wesp5

Arcane
If the politics are that bad - wonder if that Wesp5 guy could mod them out over the next decade or two. :P

If the dialogue system is text-based as in Bloodlines it should be very easy to change the player answers according to personal taste :)! But then I still have trust in Mitsoda to not mess it up, especially if Cara Ellison will only be working on some side quests.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wesp5 You sir are a hero - I lack the Codexian privilege and wherewithal to upvote your post but entreat those who have enjoyed your work (as I have over the years) to earnestly upvote your enthusiasm and enduring positivity.

I also think I read somewhere that you are a dentist - which I think it hilarious, so >insert vampire Bloodlines 2 root canal fix/mod joke here<.

The Real Fanboy
Spoken like a real ivory tower Cammy bootlicker, Lambach
FKeK2up.png

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
I also think I read somewhere that you are a dentist - which I think it hilarious, so >insert vampire Bloodlines 2 root canal fix/mod joke here<.

This is actually not true, but a kind of misunderstanding. I'm an analytical chemist who only made his PhD while researching dental composites :).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

This is actually not true, but a kind of misunderstanding. I'm an analytical chemist who only made his PhD while researching dental composites :).
Sooo if we decide to become freedom fighters,you are the man to ask about how to make explosives from toilet paper,flour,sugar and a bottle of vodka :).

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Huge potential underground

DualShockers: Have you gone on the underground tours of Seattle and how is it?

Luke Dodge: It was not as cool as our version [laughs] I enjoyed it because I like history and it is a fun glimpse into the way things were. You learn a lot of things you didn’t know about the city. It is also very touristy frankly.

Ka'ai: A lot of it is closed off. So the stuff you can go into is here’s a tunnel, here’s a basement, those are some shoes.

Nikhat Ali: Thematically it really fits well with vampires, you’re walking under this cool, darkly lit dungeon-place.

Luke Dodge: Our version is quite a bit more extensive and dangerous.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
So let's see, one week later, what's the rundown?

PROS
  • Single-player RPG
  • Unvoiced protagonist
  • Dedicated to a camera perspective
  • Narrative lead's history with the original game
  • Some level of Avellonean blessing
  • Creative director was level designer for successful gothic-atmosphere games
  • Faction allegiance involved in play, rather than just a choice of ending
  • Mod support

CONS
  • Senior writer has a history of bad journalism
  • Developer lacks encouraging history
  • Publisher known for DLC farming
  • Malkavians problematic
  • Recent history of source material
  • Official Discord and Steam forums moderation are bonkers

Overall score: :shredder:

Strigoro

Barely Literate
The steam moderation is truly bonkers. Pro PC and ''contemporary politics' threads are free standing. Threads questioning implications of Dev statements are merged to the single thread one in particular didn't last 4 minutes.

Also the rational thread by kitty on malks, 'male sexuality' and diabelerie was simply locked with no warning or explaination. If no bans or warnings were necessary and thread is in bounds of stated rules, what is the problem?

someone should ask mitsoda if more than 2 genders will be represented at character creation

even more than that we need like race backgrounds

I want to be an immigrant African from Zimbabwe vampire.

I was torpid but i was there when the old city of Great Zimbabwe was alive and flourishing.

Now as person out of my element of time, i am somehow in Seattle which is under the tyranny of the great ventrue vampire, Jeff bezos .

J1M

Arcane
They even said we are xpected to see gameplay in 2020... what are we supposed to discuss here for a year, wtf.

yeah supar weird announcement. "Oh by the way we're making bloodlines 2 see you in a year"
They wanted good press, which I guess means supplicating to journalists and showing them gameplay for their article clicks instead of just posting a youtube video.

Calm

Novice
So let's see, one week later, what's the rundown?

PROS
  • Single-player RPG
  • Unvoiced protagonist
  • Dedicated to a camera perspective
  • Narrative lead's history with the original game
  • Some level of Avellonean blessing
  • Creative director was level designer for successful gothic-atmosphere games
  • Faction allegiance involved in play, rather than just a choice of ending
  • Mod support

CONS
  • Senior writer has a history of bad journalism
  • Developer lacks encouraging history
  • Publisher known for DLC farming
  • Malkavians problematic
  • Recent history of source material
  • Official Discord and Steam forums moderation are bonkers

Overall score: :shredder:

Indeed, the verdict is very much still out on whether this will be a dumpster fire or not.
If the player isn't railroaded into being 'ideologically compliant' then there may be some hope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom