Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Black

Arcane
Antifa vampires, because the trash cans are too close to finding out about the kindred.
And fuck roads too for good measure.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Smiling Jack didn't basically get removed, he became a pirate once again and sets sail to Libertatia in Madagascar to revolutionize the Anarch movement.
Poochie went back to his home planet. A rose by any other name.

Damsel was always this edgy and her going to kill white males is pretty much what her personality was always like.
:nocountryforshitposters:
Even in the original bloodlines she wants to go out and kill fascists, anyone part of the "establishment" and she makes a point about it a few times, that the only thing stopping her from doing that is Nines.
The establishment has nothing to do with race though. It has to do with wealth, power and influence. Racial elements have been added only in order to deepen the divide for politics. And you can tell it's only about politics because its only discussed so far as political correctness will allow. Many of the world's wealthiest are Jews, but you will never hear an ANTIFA member ranting about Jewish bankers.

This is especially odd to see in the VTM setting, as this is a world of vampires. They're not even human and can't reproduce conventionally. It doesn't matter to a vampire anarchist if white person is in charge or if it's Ogoo Boogoo the sub-Saharan nigger.

What matters is that they enforce the Masquerade at gunpoint and are ruling the world from the shadows.
Kue-jin dialogue where she threatens to go tie the "demon whores" eyelashes to her ass hair among other things
Weird how she isn't cheering on a "woman of color" for taking on the white patriarchy, isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Black

Arcane
Damsel was always this edgy and her going to kill white males is pretty much what her personality was always like.
Yet she has no problems with Nines and Jack, white males. Doesn't look like killing white males is pretty much her personality.
And she wasn't championing for Skelter, the only Bloodlines black anarach, to be on the top, some ally she is.
Speaking of Helter Skelter, even he called Damsel for what she was- a college girl.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Yet she has no problems with Nines and Jack
Nines was hispanic. He did look white though, which is usually enough for most lefty nutjobs these days.

I'm not sure what Jack was. Maybe from Spain? Though again, looked like a white guy.

Regardless, it just goes to show how modern racial politics have nothing to do with VTM. You think Jack still thinks of himself as a member of whatever nation birthed him? You think he's worried about "representation" for his race now that he's not even a part of it any more and hasn't been for over 100 years?

Cael

Arcane
Yet she has no problems with Nines and Jack
Nines was hispanic. He did look white though, which is usually enough for most lefty nutjobs these days.
I point you to the Trayvor Martin case, where a hispanic man was called white because it suited the leftard narrative.

Jack was a pirate back in the day, and so is more likely to be white.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I just read that "conversation" between Rudi and the others, why is every sentence so cringe? Normal people don't talk like this, it's like a script they are reading out of. Nobody sane in the universe calls himself a cishet white male. Not to mention vampires in WoD don't have a sexuality. Is this the writing we can expect? Tranny support groups?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The difference between Bloodlines 2 and all the nostalgia based Kickstarter projects is that this one has Paradox exercising some quality control on a game with a much larger budget. Maybe that won’t be enough to make it good, but it’s a meaningful distinction.

When they bought White Wolf, they knew Bloodlines 2 would be its most valuable title by far. I don’t think they want to shoot their wad on a shit game that merely exists to cash in on nostalgia via preorders (also, is it even nostalgia when Bloodlines sold badly out of the gate before becoming very popular since its release on Steam?). If Bloodlines 2 is a disappointment, that really damages the whole World of Darkness franchise. They want this to be the first of many WoD video games.

Paradox may have a ton of flaws, but nobody’s ever accused them of short-term thinking. They’re long-term greedy. That’s the whole business model (and what everyone hates about them). They’re still pumping out new DLC for Crusader Kings 2, a game that’s seven years old. DLC carries much higher profit margins than full games because the bulk of the development has already been paid for. But you can’t sell tons of DLC if you make a game that people don’t enjoy playing.

One thing that makes me more positive: they’ve said repeatedly that they didn’t plan on doing Bloodlines 2 first, that they wanted to build up to it after figuring out to do make a good V:tM game. So I can’t imagine them ditching that plan and giving White Wolf’s marquee product to some no-name developer unless they really believed in the pitch, and they would’ve cancelled it long before this announcement if they didn’t think it was coming along well.

Of course, Paradox could be dead wrong. But the idea that they’re merely cashing in on nostalgia rings false. They don’t want to waste all of the nostalgia based goodwill they have here and they only get one chance to really benefit from it.

Cael

Arcane
I just read that "conversation" between Rudi and the others, why is every sentence so cringe? Normal people don't talk like this, it's like a script they are reading out of. Nobody sane in the universe calls himself a cishet white male. Not to mention vampires in WoD don't have a sexuality. Is this the writing we can expect? Tranny support groups?
No one in the sane universe, perhaps, but we do see a lot of sjws referring to themselves as such on twatter and other anti-social media.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

That was very poorly written, but in left spaces calling yourself a cis-het white male is definitely a thing and this is supposed to be an antifa meeting. Although it’s clearly written by someone who’s never been to any kind of communist or anarchist gathering because no one used the word praxis.

Anyway, isn’t that from the source book that got White Wolf’s management fired? I don’t think we’ll be seeing stuff like this in the game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
He didn't drop a single 'pendejo' or 'puta' the whole game so I press x for doubt.

There was talk early on of an East Los Angeles Hub for the game in one of the numerous production meetings I attended at Troika. I was thinking hispanic influence Nines Rodriquez with Open Season. Open Season would have been that area's main theme.

As a side note, it's too bad the unused Downtown theme didn't make it in. I can only hope it gets repurposed for B2, since it's too good to go to waste.

Not to mention vampires in WoD don't have a sexuality.

ahem
8xxxw.jpg

Anyway, whatever nonsense White Wolf put it into V5 is irrelevant because this is the Mitsoda show.

ZVERMIX

Learned
Patron
Insert Title Here My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Surprisingly a lot of girls at work. I didn't even know that many of them played videogames.
Actually, VtMB is a uniquely popular CRPG among girls, at least here in CIS.
Fan community on VK (CIS Facebook) has 40+% girls, while the general gaming population is like 85/15 or more (the one concerned with CRPGs and not mobile fashion games).

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
As a side note, it's too bad the unused Downtown theme didn't make it in. I can only hope it gets repurposed for B2, since it's too good to go to waste.

I restored that track into the tutorial of the plus version of the Unofficial Patch because it's supposed to happen downtown.

Cael

Arcane
The whole idea that vampires are asexual beings is pretty retarded. Most of the vampires are portrayed to be about the same after getting turned as they were prior. Their personalities don't change. The clans are what they are because they tend to turn those they feel are most likely to fit into the clan. It is a case of selective breeding, if you will. The Toreador are even portrayed to be practically lovelorn stalkers. In Bloodlines, the Torrie leader turned a guy he had a crush on.

That asexual thing sounds like white wolf trying to handwave away a gnarly question that would have kicked their sjw "streetcred" in the nads.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom