Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Saerain

Augur
Patron
WoD's been wholly inconsistent on vampires and sex, or emotions in general. Like the writers publicly fighting over the philosophical questions of what sexuality and emotion even are. It's all about as contradictory as the idea of living dead itself. Just gotta let the given storyteller do what they want and roll with it, really.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I kind of like the V5 concept of Second Inquisition and that vampires are no longer the shadow rulers, but rather hunted species. But the cringe of other stuff and their writing....

Delterius

Arcane
I kind of like the V5 concept of Second Inquisition and that vampires are no longer the shadow rulers, but rather hunted species. But the cringe of other stuff and their writing....
NkazZl.jpg

TRUE FAITH

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The whole idea that vampires are asexual beings is pretty retarded. Most of the vampires are portrayed to be about the same after getting turned as they were prior. Their personalities don't change. The clans are what they are because they tend to turn those they feel are most likely to fit into the clan. It is a case of selective breeding, if you will. The Toreador are even portrayed to be practically lovelorn stalkers. In Bloodlines, the Torrie leader turned a guy he had a crush on.

That asexual thing sounds like white wolf trying to handwave away a gnarly question that would have kicked their sjw "streetcred" in the nads.

Still, vampire existence overwrites normal human sexuality. It's stated over and over again that vampires get their jollies from feeding, not fucking.

Delterius

Arcane
The whole idea that vampires are asexual beings is pretty retarded. Most of the vampires are portrayed to be about the same after getting turned as they were prior. Their personalities don't change. The clans are what they are because they tend to turn those they feel are most likely to fit into the clan. It is a case of selective breeding, if you will. The Toreador are even portrayed to be practically lovelorn stalkers. In Bloodlines, the Torrie leader turned a guy he had a crush on.

That asexual thing sounds like white wolf trying to handwave away a gnarly question that would have kicked their sjw "streetcred" in the nads.

Still, vampire existence overwrites normal human sexuality. It's stated over and over again that vampires get their jollies from feeding, not fucking.
However, vampires can and do use Blush of Life to have sex and groom blood dolls.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
the “U7”. The unsanctioned vampires that were created at the beginning of the game.

So there are 7 of them, eh?

I'm starting to get the picture
1. initial chargen happens - mainly cosmetic
2. Mass embrace occurs, 7 new vampires are born, 1 of each playable clan
3. Tutorial happens without any clan specific disciplines - probably handwave away as "we don't know your clan/they haven't awakened yet"
4. You 'Pick' which clan you get to be the lucky fledgling of and finalise chargen.
5. Your primary quest is hunting down the other 6 vampires of the other playable clans.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Actually, VtMB is a uniquely popular CRPG among girls, at least here is CIS.
Fan community on VK (CIS Facebook) has 40+% girls, while the general gaming population is like 85/15 or more (the one concerned with CRPGs and not mobile fashion games).
How appropriate this abbreviation is. CIS is like, cishest place so far.

Black

Arcane
the “U7”. The unsanctioned vampires that were created at the beginning of the game.

Aren't thin-blood vampires clanless? I don't think it matters who embraces them, anyway.
Are they "clanless" because no clan really wants their diluted blood or because they don't carry any traits characteristic to their blood?
Rosa, the thin-blood on Santa Monica beach, was probably Malkavian, yet she retained some of their insight.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane

Aren't thin-blood vampires clanless? I don't think it matters who embraces them, anyway.
Are they "clanless" because no clan really wants their diluted blood or because they don't carry any traits characteristic to their blood?
second one

Thinbloods in V5 are basically a clan unto themselves, with certain specific disciplines that are tied to the potential of a dilluted, character-less blood. These are telekinesis or Rosa's clairvoyance. I'm assuming that BL2 is adding bat manipulation (not Protean, they don't turn into bats) and mist to the list. The most important of their powers is 'Thinblood Alchemy', where they can mimic the effects of other disciplines at a lower level than their actual Alchemy power. They have none of the baseline bonuses and curses of a clan, but their merits and flaws can sometimes mimic a weaker version of them.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The way I remember it is that the fact that thin bloods don't have the special powers of each clan is what characterizes them as .. "thin bloods" in the end.
Vampires with stronger blood inherit the powers of their clans.
So yeah in the end thin bloods are essentially clanless

Black

Arcane

second one

Thinbloods in V5 are basically a clan unto themselves, with certain specific disciplines that are tied to the potential of a dilluted, character-less blood. These are telekinesis or Rosa's clairvoyance. I'm assuming that BL2 is adding bat manipulation (not Protean, they don't turn into bats) and mist to the list. The most important of their powers is 'Thinblood Alchemy', where they can mimic the effects of other disciplines at a lower level than their actual Alchemy power. They have none of the baseline bonuses and curses of a clan, but their merits and flaws can sometimes mimic a weaker version of them.
So a thin-blood "nosferatu" wouldn't look like a test-tube baby?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Not to mention vampires in WoD don't have a sexuality.

Christof - Anezka? Dream of Constantinople? Lily - E?
Sexuality =/= love. I'm referring to the canon lore that vampire lose interest in sex altogether, but can simulate it if they want to. Meaning either no sexuality (which I prefer) or pansexuality (which I don't) as terminology. This really hasn't stuck around, though, but I think of it as a perversion of the lore.

Delterius

Arcane

second one

So a thin-blood "nosferatu" wouldn't look like a test-tube baby?
Not necessarily, I think its entirely up to character creation. In V5 when you create a Thin-blooded character you pick out of a list of merits and flaws. Going by the wiki, one of these flaws is 'Clan Curse'. If you happen to pick the Nosferatu's flaw of being 'Repulsive' (cannot looksmax), one could assume that you have an echo of your Nossie sire.

Of course, there's the all important matter of how BL2 actually implements any of these rules.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Anyway, whatever nonsense White Wolf put it into V5 is irrelevant because this is the Mitsoda show.
:hmmm:

Not exactly the impression I got from the announcement. He barely said two words and the SJWs did half the talking.

Paradox are liberals, VTM is now an SJW-friendly setting - there seems to be a very strong pull toward the Left that they are going to face.

Just who was it that decided to go with an SJW journo as one of the lead writers? Just who was it that wanted to hire the fohawk dyke that came on afterwards?

Every time, it's always the same: SJWs are fanatics. All they care about is their doctrine and they force it in wherever they can, regardless of how it ruins their material.

Not to mention vampires in WoD don't have a sexuality.

Christof - Anezka? Dream of Constantinople? Lily - E?
Sexuality =/= love. I'm referring to the canon lore that vampire lose interest in sex altogether, but can simulate it if they want to. Meaning either no sexuality (which I prefer) or pansexuality (which I don't) as terminology. This really hasn't stuck around, though, but I think of it as a perversion of the lore.

Yea I agree. I think vampires have a sort of love thats different from what humans experience altogether because they dont have the urge to "start families". Besides sex is not a requirement for love as you said.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Shit developer of countless shit games, with the review scores and user scores to prove it, won't magically make a good game, no matter how much writing talent you throw in there, which isn't much considering the shit dialogue that plagues dead state.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yea I agree. I think vampires have a sort of love thats different from what humans experience altogether because they dont have the urge to "start families". Besides sex is not a requirement for love as you said.
I think of it more as a cerebral understanding/comprehension of love and attachment. Yeah, it's very hard for humans to justify this kind of love without the sex backing it up (it's a shame, really), but vampires don't have hormones to worry about. They also "reproduce" asexually and receive pleasure when they bite any gender, and that's bound to change your outlook eventually. It could even supply interesting stories, a neo-Nazi finds himself "attracted" (figuratively speaking) to both genders after being turned into a vampire, then starts torturing himself over that and saying to himself that he can't be a degenerate, etc. I think that'd be a more powerful "SJW" story than whatever tranny support groups or gay black Muslim feminists they can churn out.

Last edited:

I think parkour like mirrors edge could be pretty fun in the game. I didnt exactly get that vibe from trailer but there are lot of construction cranes and seattle to do some sick stunts.

Vincente

Arbiter
womanizer Toreador playthrough
Do you really want to seduce that ugly pig with the blood glass from the trailer? Do you? They made her as ugly as possible just like that asymmetric-faced cunt from Outerworlds.

I have a strong feeling that they modeled her after Christina Hendricks, so yeah, I do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom