Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The Exploiter Orb is one of the few things DE has managed to get right. She's way more pleasant to fight than that shitty whispering knockdown bitch. She also drops resources I can actually use and I'm all for throwing big jugs full of questionable liquids at a big matriarchal spider instead of mining or fishing.

Codex Year of the Donut
communism in warframe
seornkuj8wn21.png

Codex Year of the Donut
An actual problem is specific content in Nightwave gated out for newbies, not that it actually makes use of all the content you normally wouldn't do (which is its whole purpose, to give you reason to do stuff and a framework for it). Like, newbies aren't going to have Profit-Taker unlocked yet. Though there is that 13k a week window, so it's still not TOO harsh (personally I'd say it should be more lenient either by raising gains or giving more tasks with longer time-to-do).
What's the point of having elite challenges if they can easily be done by new players?
Not a rhetorical question, actually asking. I'm already at tier 19 and we still have what, 6 weeks left?

Gerrard

Arcane
Snowniggerland is the absolute worst content update this game has seen, and not because of repetitiveness, it's because YOU CAN'T FUCKING SEE SHIT.
You can't see the fucking enemies as they shoot you from 200 meters away and you can't see their fucking projectiles which are conveniently very light blue so they blend in perfectly with the environment. "What the fuck am I taking damage from?" has always been an issue in this game but the fucking gulag exacerbates this to 11.
:timetoburn:

Codex Year of the Donut
After having to do the profit-taker again I forgot to add just how fucking buggy it is. It takes forever to get your stupid fucking archgun out, and it won't let you even pull it out if you have your melee or secondary weapon active.
Along with general warframe bugs, I died twice because of the bug where you can't use any abilities or go into operator.
What an absolute mess. Did the developers even try to complete this fight as anything other than Chroma who only works because a) he can basically ignore all damage and b) he does absurd amounts of damage trivializing the boss's design?

FUCK
I'm 1 crisma toroid short of what I need, I have to fucking do it again.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
An actual problem is specific content in Nightwave gated out for newbies, not that it actually makes use of all the content you normally wouldn't do (which is its whole purpose, to give you reason to do stuff and a framework for it). Like, newbies aren't going to have Profit-Taker unlocked yet. Though there is that 13k a week window, so it's still not TOO harsh (personally I'd say it should be more lenient either by raising gains or giving more tasks with longer time-to-do).
What's the point of having elite challenges if they can easily be done by new players?
Not a rhetorical question, actually asking. I'm already at tier 19 and we still have what, 6 weeks left?
I tend to view it from basically two angles: First, I think a timed event must be fair to newbies, even the most newbie of newbies, and secondly any exclusivity of content is always wrong.

Codex Year of the Donut
I tend to view it from basically two angles: First, I think a timed event must be fair to newbies, even the most newbie of newbies, and secondly any exclusivity of content is always wrong.
But it is fair to newbies, even if you barely complete any of the elite challenges you'd get the max tier before the season ends.

Codex Year of the Donut
no. actually if you miss some of the elite, just some, you're out.
Daily is 1,000. Series lasts for "10-11" weeks, so we'll put it at 70 days. That alone is 70,000 out of the needed 300,000.
7 weeklies offered per week, 70 weeklies total. 70 * 3,000 = 210,000.
You'd need to complete 4 elite weeklies out of 30.

And that's assuming you kill zero fugitives.

i read very different, in-depth and detailed calculations that pointed in a completely different direction but honestly right now i'm not lucid enough to look for them, let alone remember them. it was on reddit.

anyway, this doesn't include stuff like "win three indexes rounds in a row without the enemy scoring". that's absolutely not the only mission which is going to sit there forever. or the just past "kill the profit spider" when 9 average teams out of 10 can't.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

The only math I've heard of is that you have a 13K you can "miss" per week. I understand that's the commonly agreed upon result.

no. actually if you miss some of the elite, just some, you're out.
Daily is 1,000. Series lasts for "10-11" weeks, so we'll put it at 70 days. That alone is 70,000 out of the needed 300,000.
7 weeklies offered per week, 70 weeklies total. 70 * 3,000 = 210,000.
You'd need to complete 4 elite weeklies out of 30.

And that's assuming you kill zero fugitives.
Well in the math it's generally better to ignore the fugitives IMO so the calculation is as neutral as possible.

13k is less than the mandatory 3-4 nigh impossible elites, and still you MUST do EVERYTHING else, otherwise you're out.

take this "kill 3 silver grove specters". it requires to go pick flowers for an hour or so, then you have to wait hours to change from day to night or the other way, then pick more flowers for another hour or two, then waste who knows how long to look for the hidden grove.
i don't want to be forced to repeat over and over something i *already* did over and over and which gives me no further advance. especially when there are brand new things to do.

Codex Year of the Donut
  • “Group Revenue” (Largely driven by Warframe): US$277.7mil, YoY +36.6% (from $166.7mil in 2017)
  • “Group Gross Profit”(Largely driven by Warframe): US$141.5mil > YoY +27.7% (from $110.8mil in 2017)
  • Warframe registered users: 48mil YoY +29.2% (from 37.2mil)
  • Warframe Monthly Active Users: YoY +24.9%
  • Warframe Average Concurrent Users: YoY +28.1%
In addition to the recent Fortuna update, the Group also announced a new update Codename: Railjack and a cinematic quest The New War, both of which are expected to be released in 2019. Codename Railjack marks a new milestone of Warframe with its revolutionary new gameplay. It provides new features such as space exploration, resources mining and tactical ship-to-ship combat, whilst enabling a seamless transition from Fortuna into space, with the potential to eventually connect interplanetary travel, exploration, and combat between planets
http://www.files.services/files/359/2019/0327/20190327230001_74545416_en.pdf

Gerrard

Arcane

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact they released the game on another platform.
Meanwhile, in reality
SU6ZEhL.png

i also like how the 3 double weekends we just had, each next weekend had lower numbers than the last, despite the fact that the last double resource event was years ago (and there are way more annoying as fuck drops to farm now).

Codex Year of the Donut

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the fact they released the game on another platform.
Meanwhile, in reality
SU6ZEhL.png

i also like how the 3 double weekends we just had, each next weekend had lower numbers than the last, despite the fact that the last double resource event was years ago (and there are way more annoying as fuck drops to farm now).
I'm not surprised that you'd be dumb enough to use Steam just to launch a game's launcher

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm not surprised that you're dumb enough to think the overwhelming majority of PC Warframe players don't play through Steam.

eklektyk

Erudite
they can go fuck off with this stupid wolf thingie ...

and absolutely best thing is its marketed as "new player expierience friendly" :) what a load of shit

in old system comatose newb with no gear could get 1-12 nitain a week at a minimum ... in new one he gets a chance to buy few nitain after 3 weeks of hardcore grind ... yeah no paddnig of content here at all ... move along registered loser ...

for me railjack is last chance de will have to bring me back to wf but their prior behaviour and actions dont make me optimistc ..

well it was fun while it lasted

Codex Year of the Donut
they can go fuck off with this stupid wolf thingie ...

and absolutely best thing is its marketed as "new player expierience friendly" :) what a load of shit

in old system comatose newb with no gear could get 1-12 nitain a week at a minimum ... in new one he gets a chance to buy few nitain after 3 weeks of hardcore grind ... yeah no paddnig of content here at all ... move along registered loser ...

for me railjack is last chance de will have to bring me back to wf but their prior behaviour and actions dont make me optimistc ..

well it was fun while it lasted
You can buy 5 Nitain for 15 credits. Rank 3 offers 50 credits.
"hardcore grind"

eklektyk

Erudite
you do know how many shot you need to do for first "bundle" of credits ? and basicly you can buy shit in that shop for them .. one item ore few resources is youre choice ...
and no i refuse to do 5 000 bulshit ones and de can fuck off with telemetry of mindles drones doing them and saying its ok - if a player having resonable gear and multiple warframes cant be arsed to do bs DE insists on then either rewards or missions are shit

but i commend you for fanboism - it will to fade as all things in life fade away

Vaarna_Aarne

You can clear most of the challenges for a week in one 1-2 hour session, none of these things are hard or all that time-consuming, even Bounties don't take that long if you just decide to get to work.

The only real exceptions so far have been the ridiculous 60 minute survivals which were genuinely in the "oh fuck off mate" territory, and the Simaris scans where it's mostly just the daily limits you have to account for since it's actually a non-challenge aside from that.

Codex Year of the Donut
Current situation is a massive improvement over having to set alerts for nitain and be ready to log in and do the alert whenever it pops up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom