Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So.. I finally manage to take down both health bars of Genichiro.. Felt so great for a second there. And them bam, fuck you faggot, here have LIGHTNING GENICHIRO! No, fuck off with this shit already. I am using a trainer to increase my attack power a couple points or something. This is madness. I wanna see all of the game but fuck if I'm gonna keep taking it up the ass from Faggotzaki.
His 3rd phase is the easiest one because of Lightning Reversal.
When fighting Isshin I was constantly dying by his first phase and the complete tone shift that was his second phase. I had already thought to myself that I'd inevitably beat it on my first try if I ever reached his third phase. Then after somehow getting past his second phase, I somehow managed to get his third phase on my first attempt, reversing his lighting like a total boss. I had become so accustomed to death being inevitable with every step forward, that the prospect of being able to tell Miyazaki to fucking shove it and somersault over the finish line kicked in my desire to live and win like nothing before did.

218.jpg

sullynathan

Arcane
Bayonetta is gud mang. Of Most "spectacle fights" it's both highly friendly to new comers and people who like the depth these games provide. DMC is better though.

Cromwell

Arcane
I dont have the patience for lightning reversal, whenever I saw genishiro charging I just jumped like a retard and then proceeded to hack him with my sword

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Bayonetta is gud mang. Of Most "spectacle fights" it's both highly friendly to new comers and people who like the depth these games provide. DMC is better though.

Is there at least some focus on level design or is it only about the combat? I kindda enjoyed Darksiders 3, which is also an over-the-top fighting game, mainly because the level design is not half bad.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Is there at least some focus on level design or is it only about the combat? I kindda enjoyed Darksiders 3, which is also an over-the-top fighting game, mainly because the level design is not half bad.
Just combat. The levels are basically corridors.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Lol who else killed the snake and the first thing you did was walk over to the broken bridge and fell down coz bad textures? And you can never backtrack to the area in the same playthrough.

It happened to me, to Lobos and now I'm watching Fightincowboy and sure enough, happened to him too.

What a bait From.

EDIT: Due to the confusion:

Skip to 28:00.

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
If you want some "level design" in a "spectacle fighter" you'd be better off playing Devil May Cry, Castlevania Lords of Shadows or Ninja Gaiden/Black/Sigma. Wouldn't recommend Lords of shadow, it's pretty bad. Since you're playing Sekiro, a block, hit, block, hit, game, Ninja Gaiden would be the easiest to transition to since it does have that interconnected level design while having a rather large amount of difficulty. It's much more difficult than the souls games.

Sentinel

Arcane
Lol who else killed the snake and the first thing you did was walk over to the broken bridge and fell down coz bad textures? And you can never backtrack to the area in the same playthrough.

It happened to me, to Lobos and now I'm watching Fightincowboy and sure enough, happened to him too.

What a bait From.

there's nothing on that side IIRC. It's literally just a way to fall down into the water.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

What a bait From.

there's nothing on that side IIRC. It's literally just a way to fall down into the water.

There are 3 items - some balloon, a Jizou statue and droplet.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I dont have the patience for lightning reversal, whenever I saw genishiro charging I just jumped like a retard and then proceeded to hack him with my sword
You literally just jump after Muhashina jumps in the air to catch lightning and then mash attack to send it back at him

panda

Savant
Since you're playing Sekiro, a block, hit, block, hit, game

You mean "block-hit-block-block-dodge twice left-stay still for 1,28 seconds and dodge-jump-JUMP JUMP OH SHIT WRONG BUTTON.....ded"?

Sekiro: OhShitWrongButton Souls.
That is funny but i just finished Owl fight before opening the thread and my thoughts was:
"Now i finally understood that i'm playing one of those song/dance simulators where you need to press correct buttons in correct time for the duration of a song, except here song is not predetermined, but consists of random selection of smaller fixed blocks"

Which is exactly what you wrote:dance:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
You literally just jump after Muhashina jumps in the air to catch lightning and then mash attack to send it back at him

Just be careful not to jump too early. You have to be in the air when the lightning hits you.

I got hit by the lightning a few times because I jumped too early and landed before the lightning hit.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Been trying out for the last hour.
The PC is very good. Runs smoothly on my machine with everything maxed out. But still use console button prompts even when using a KM + B (so for that reason I haven't tried out that control scheme).

I am at the first level after the tutorial. I can already see why people like the level design.
However I am yet trying to enjoy the combat system. So far it seems mostly about trying to deflect or spam the attack button until their "Poise" is broken. But again it's still the beginning so I have to try it out more.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If you want some "level design" in a "spectacle fighter" you'd be better off playing Devil May Cry, Castlevania Lords of Shadows or Ninja Gaiden/Black/Sigma. Wouldn't recommend Lords of shadow, it's pretty bad. Since you're playing Sekiro, a block, hit, block, hit, game, Ninja Gaiden would be the easiest to transition to since it does have that interconnected level design while having a rather large amount of difficulty. It's much more difficult than the souls games.

We need Ninja Gaiden Black and NG 2 on PC. All fellow codexers deserve to taste those masterpieces.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
When is Bloodborne coming out on PC?

Had to look up how to get the fourth ending after doing 3 while staying away from spoilers :( I had a theory for how I'd get the fourth and was on a playthrough working towards it but if it didn't work I knew I'd just look it up, and if I'd passed a point of no return and missed it, I'd be pissed. My idea was way off, and if the thing I read about starting the fourth ending path is truly the only way, I'd have never got that. Very odd.

Does anyone know if (big spoilers regarding a late game optional boss with 3 HP bars in Ashina Outskirts, do not click if you don't know who I mean):

there is anyway for Sekiro to answer "yes" when talking to the Old Priestess after the Hatred Demon fight? She asks, essentially, "do you know who that Demon was?" and it seems Sekiro should know with all the Sake conversations, but he still says "no". That was what I assumed was key to getting another ending, had plans to try the whistle that The Sculptor remarks on both when you get it and when you upgrade it and was keeping a physical checklist to make sure I got all Sake talks in one run haha.

Also, anyone know what happens if you give the Giant Carp both Pot Nobles' baits in one game?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Been trying out for the last hour.
The PC is very good. Runs smoothly on my machine with everything maxed out. But still use console button prompts even when using a KM + B (so for that reason I haven't tried out that control scheme).

I am at the first level after the tutorial. I can already see why people like the level design.
However I am yet trying to enjoy the combat system. So far it seems mostly about trying to deflect or spam the attack button until their "Poise" is broken. But again it's still the beginning so I have to try it out more.

Well, I'm pretty sure that the game is not 100% playable with KB + M. It's like 50% or some other percentage.

Deflect is probably the most important action in this game (after attack) and in addition to that you have to TAP it!! :)

For controller users: L1 - deflect, R1 - attack.

Therefore a controller user will use his both hands and it will have his left index finger on the deflect button and the right index finger on the right mouse button.

For KB + M users: Left Mouse Button = Attack, Right Mouse Button = Deflect.

Therefore a KB + M user will use only one hand and it will have his right index finger on the left mouse button and his right middle finger on the right mouse button.

It's obvious that you have way better coordination with a controller not to mention the fact that tapping with the right middle finger is absolutly retarded.

This was not a real problem in DaS games because they did not require you to tap the parry button but this shit does.

Solution 1: Map the deflect button to another key. Good luck with that.

Solution 2: Get a PS4 controller.

In other words, use a controller unless you want to lose your marbles like I did. You can survive the game but deflect tap is required for the last boss.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane

What a bait From.

it happened to me too.
Was there any valuables in that place?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom