Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What's up with these PCgamer articles being full of spelling and grammar errors? Rouge, an mystic, the Tremere are the really the.

Lambach

Arcane
How are you, a miserable Thin-blood shitsack that got Embraced 10 minutes ago, supposed to be a double-agent when you're going to get examined head-to-toe by actually powerful Kindred with advanced levels in Auspex, Dominate, Thaumaturgy etc, not to mention their connections to various info brokers and such? :lol:

Deleted Member 22431

How are you, a miserable Thin-blood shitsack that got Embraced 10 minutes ago, supposed to be a double-agent when you're going to get examined head-to-toe by actually powerful Kindred with advanced levels in Auspex, Dominate, Thaumaturgy etc, not to mention their connections to various info brokers and such? :lol:

Because you are not just any thin-blood. You and the other six embraced are special, mkay?

Ent

Savant
This argument kinda gets thrown out of the window when in the first game taxi driver Cain powered you up like the energizer bunny in a span of days.

Lambach

Arcane
This argument kinda gets thrown out of the window when in the first game taxi driver Cain powered you up like the energizer bunny in a span of days.

Not really the same argument. Even with the disproportionate level of power you have, you're still not able to hide the fact you're working with the Anarchs to spy on LaCroix for them, it's just that he really didn't care much about it while you were getting shit done. So you were less of a "double-agent" and more of a "useful idiot", when you think about it.

Deleted Member 22431

Two wrongs do not make a right though.

Codex Year of the Donut

Because you are not just any thin-blood. You and the other six embraced are special, mkay?
Except that's actually a legitimate argument for this universe. Nearly everyone is just a pawn, some pawns just have stronger masters.

Deleted Member 22431

Except that's actually a legitimate argument for this universe. Nearly everyone is just a pawn, some pawns just have stronger masters.
By making you a pawn with a stronger master you become the chosen one, which means everything will be handed to you on a silver platter, thus also rendering character progression and the game world meaningless.

Ent

Savant
Its not just the journalists - some of the outrage youtubers seem to have given into the temptation of milking clicks without playing the game but to each their own I guess.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
PC Gamer said:
Bloodlines 2 will let you pick from five clans

Wellp, there go the Malks and the Nossies. Of course that is if we go by the pessimistic assumption they will stick to the Camarilla clans. I'm still hoping for Lasombra to be in the works (the Tzimisce are way too complex and bizzare to be in the base game), and maybe the Assamites?

Vibalist

Arcane
Yeah, they're gonna save the Malks and Nosferatu for 'special DLC playthroughs'. Hopefully this means the game actually is altered significantly when playing as either of those two.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I think it's obvious it's going to be the usual suspects - Tremere, Brujah, Ventrue, Toreador and Gangrel (or Banu Haqim). Unless they want to give us neutral/Anarchs, Camarilla and Sabbat choices. I doubt it's Banu Haqim, because they have Blood Sorcery like the Tremere and perhaps they wouldn't want to overlap the clan disciplines.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Yeah, they're gonna save the Malks and Nosferatu for 'special DLC playthroughs'. Hopefully this means the game actually is altered significantly when playing as either of those two.
I hope so too, but they said clans will be free updates. Who makes free updates that alter the game significantly, that require new dialogue lines and new voice acting for NPC reactions to the crazy/ugly, and maybe new characters / areas (sewers and hideouts)?

My expectations are very low.

Vibalist

Arcane
I think it's obvious it's going to be the usual suspects - Tremere, Brujah, Ventrue, Toreador and Gangrel (or Banu Haqim). Unless they want to give us neutral/Anarchs, Camarilla and Sabbat choices. I doubt it's Banu Haqim, because they have Blood Sorcery like the Tremere and perhaps they wouldn't want to overlap the clan disciplines.

Although with that line up there is no obvious stealth choice. Optimistically it'll look something like Brujah, Gangrel, Tremere, Nosferatu, Ventrue/Toreador.

I hope so too, but they said clans will be free updates. Who makes free updates that alter the game significantly, that require new dialogue lines and new voice acting for NPC reactions to the crazy/ugly (since the PC is not voiced), and maybe new characters / areas (sewers?)?

My expectations are very low.

Hopefully these clans have already been developed and are merely being added at a later date.

Yes, I am fabulously optimistic, thank you very much.

Ent

Savant
probably going to be malkvian or nosferatu as some have already predicted. I'm leaning towards nosferatu as the devs have mentioned having a big seattle underground which is probably going to be the games equivalent of the sewers.

Lacrymas

Arcane
They said the first clans won't be the only ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom