Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Borderlands 3

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Is it worth it when you already have BL 1+2 games and the content DLCs?
Handsome collection is just 2 and Pre-Sequel + All the DLCs.

tritosine2k

Erudite
...So basically the Bl1 gfx update is bogus because a properly updated Knoxx with volumetric lights/smoke would've shat all over that recent stuff.

Dexter

Arcane
Are they seriously releasing a game that looks just like the first one from 10 years ago, only shittier and less interesting?

GrainWetski

Arcane
I hope those HD versions fix the Fov and framerate issues of the first one.
It's just a re-release to milk the franchise on current consoles because the console retards will buy the exact same game every generation, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for any real changes.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
...So basically the Bl1 gfx update is bogus because a properly updated Knoxx with volumetric lights/smoke would've shat all over that recent stuff.

It's mostly about the QoL stuff (for PC, anyway):

• Minimap
    • Borderlands 1 is now also getting a Borderlands 2 style mini-map. The compass will still be there but you can now toggle a mini-map on and off.
  • Inventory Management
    • Managing your inventory items if a careful task because you don’t accidentally want to lose your most important items. Now you can lock badass weapons or mark the crappy ones as junk.
  • Auto-Pickup
    • Finally, items like ammo, money, and health are now being picked up automatically from the ground when you are nearby.
    GOLDEN KEYS
The popular SHiFT Codes are also coming to Borderlands GOTY. So you will be able to redeem codes for Golden Keys and open up the Golden Chest. If you already have played Borderlands 2 or the Pre-Sequel on Xbox One, PS4, or PC, you will receive 75 FREE GOLDEN KEYS once you started your first new character. On top of that, you will also be granted two new weapons.

NEW WEAPONS
A new set of six legendary weapons will be added to the game. They will have their own custom skin. You can farm bosses or use golden keys for a chance to collect them all.

FINAL SHOWDOWN
Overall the final boss in Borderlands 1 was a pushover. It depended on your loadout but a lot of people didn’t find the Destroyer very challenging. In Borderlands GOTY this is getting fixed. Prepare for an epic final showdown as the game’s final boss has been adjusted to be more engaging, challenging, and rewarding.

COSMETIC CUSTOMIZATIONS
In the original game, you could only select a color scheme for your vault hunter. This time around you will be able to customize your character with new ‘heads’. These are available from the start of the game.

Gerrard

Arcane
Wow, it's literally nothing. How about fixing the inability to sprint diagonally or the fucked up 0,5m rocket launcher explosion radius? I guess that was too much work.

The robot one is a nice design, but the other three are so bland it seems like they should just give people the ability to create their own character.

Gotta sell those DLC characters somehow - making the original four lame enough will push more sales for sure.

When you only have four characters, selling more shouldn't be much of a problem. It ain't exactly like fighting games, or other class based games have a hard time selling more characters.

I'm not exactly sure how they did it, but they somehow made a cross between Tank Girl and Noodle from Gorillaz in a Mad Max jacket come off as generic. You've got to actually work to make Tank Girl generic. Their Tank Girl, who it seems has a mech as opposed to a tank, is also a lot more covered up than Tank Girl.

Codex Year of the Donut
The DLC characters they've added in previous games have been good though. Can't comment on Gaige, but Krieg(BL2) and Doppleganger(TPS) were well done. Fully voiced, good abilities, had unique interactions during the story(especially Jack), etc.,

The gold chests/keys and hats in Borderlands 1 has me mildly concerned they're going to shit BL1 up and make the loot slow and miserable like BL2. Hopefully not, though. And I forgot about the Pre-Sequel, that did seem marginally less fucked up than BL2 so maybe 3 won't be too bad. Sounds like the "Handsome collection" will be doing fuck-all on PC though.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
The gold chests/keys and hats in Borderlands 1 has me mildly concerned they're going to shit BL1 up and make the loot slow and miserable like BL2. Hopefully not, though. And I forgot about the Pre-Sequel, that did seem marginally less fucked up than BL2 so maybe 3 won't be too bad. Sounds like the "Handsome collection" will be doing fuck-all on PC though.

The hats at least are all already unlocked at the start of the game. Of course it's always possible they might add more later, but I somehow doubt it.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Are they seriously releasing a game that looks just like the first one from 10 years ago, only shittier and less interesting?
Beamdog already innovated on releasing DLC years later but worse. Why Randy can't do it? Are you against innovation?

Dodo1610

Arcane
Currently playing the Pre Sequel for the time and it really is worse than BL2 the only thing that was improved is that your vault hunter actually talks with NPCs during quests.
I hope that they do that again in Borderlands 3.

Arnust

Savant
Technically that happened a bit in BL2 in the Head Hunter DLC's, but yeah. Albeit I hope they get around the fact that, if there's multiple vault hunters, only one will be allowed to comment randomly, which is pretty silly.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Good. So far Epic's store is a great collection of garbage you should ignore. Keeps GOG a tiny bit cleaner and saves you the ignore click on Steam. If only they would be permanent exclusives.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom