Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Gameplay Guide] Rance X: Decisive Battle

alteni

Barely Literate
hi everyone , damn i got a big challenge , I WILL STAR PLAYING RANCE 10 for the first time so PLS :shredder:
I need some advise so i cant miss up everything and go kill myself in real life 0.0
ty all

The game has so much content and alternate routes that you need high autism to see everything.

My recommendation for your first try is to play until turn 6-8 with no pressure, aiding all realms equally and learning the ropes. Then restart and see how far you can get, it's unlikely you can get a good ending on the first go and will need to get some NG+ points to get to the A ending.

alteni

Barely Literate
The game has so much content and alternate routes that you need high autism to see everything.

My recommendation for your first try is to play until turn 6-8 with no pressure, aiding all realms equally and learning the ropes. Then restart and see how far you can get, it's unlikely you can get a good ending on the first go and will need to get some NG+ points to get to the A ending.
ty i will try my best anything . anything else to tell me ?!
is there any cheat to use with out breaking the game , even a small option , first i want to play it with out cheat i knw i knw i will cry , after that i will use cheat baby ^^

Jason Liang

Arcane
First, play as many of the previous games as you can before Rance X!

I think the most important gameplay advice is to learn the rules for getting the treasure chests to pop open.
- your base chance of opening the chest is based on overkill (the damage you deal to the enemy over their hp), so you maximize that by getting them down to a sliver of life and then hitting them with a single powerful attack
- the first time any character kills the enemy during a single map, you get a 50% bonus, so try to have different characters kill off each enemy.

You want to pop every treasure chest you can; redo the fight if the chest fails to open. Every different card you collect will strengthen its faction so you want to collect as many different cards as possible.

Beyond that it's important to level up characters with several different versions many alts only unlock at some xp thresholds. Usually these characters are female, especially all the queens (Lia, Magic, Kouhime, Pastel, etc), and some other character like Pigu. Demon and Nonhuman will be your two most powerful factions, so make sure you are always developing experience on those factions when possible.

Once you start getting the Bonus Points, those Bonus Points can be respecc'd before and after every battle, so feel free to play around with them, take xp for normal battles and damage boots for boss battles

Crook is one of the best characters and you'll find the game much easier once you learn how to use her.

Last edited:

alteni

Barely Literate
First, play as many of the previous games as you can before Rance X!

I think the most important gameplay advice is to learn the rules for getting the treasure chests to pop open.
- your base chance of opening the chest is based on overkill (the damage you deal to the enemy over their hp), so you maximize that by getting them down to a sliver of life and then hitting them with a single powerful attack
- the first time any character kills the enemy during a single map, you get a 50% bonus, so try to have different characters kill off each enemy.

You want to pop every treasure chest you can; redo the fight if the chest fails to open. Every different card you collect will strengthen its faction so you want to collect as many different cards as possible.

Beyond that it's important to level up characters with several different versions many alts only unlock at some xp thresholds. Usually these characters are female, especially all the queens (Lia, Magic, Kouhime, Pastel, etc), and some other character like Pigu. Demon and Nonhuman will be your two most powerful factions, so make sure you are always developing experience on those factions when possible.

Once you start getting the Bonus Points, those Bonus Points can be respecc'd before and after every battle, so feel free to play around with them, take xp for normal battles and damage boots for boss battles

Crook is one of the best characters and you'll find the game much easier once you learn how to use her.
Awesome, thank you for taking ur time to give me some tips .
i will do my best .

johnpickles

Barely Literate
Is it possible to get multiple endings in the same save file?
or do I have to start a new game everytime

Jason Liang

Arcane
You can, with enough planning. But you probably can't get all the endings or even all of the "A" endings with one run. Air and Sea are definitely compatible.

johnpickles

Barely Literate
You can, with enough planning. But you probably can't get all the endings or even all of the "A" endings with one run. Air and Sea are definitely compatible.

thanks that helps so much and also

how do I get to the JAPAN route?

Jason Liang

Arcane
JAPAN either appears as a side mission (you have to clear some higher priority missions first) OR if you lose Rance castle you'll be evacuated to JAPAN for the rest of the game, the easiest way to do that is to let Free Cities fall.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Is there any benefit in completing the meal tickets events on a character?
Each meal ticket even gives the character a large boost of xp. This can be used to "catch up" a new card, or it can be used to help unlock a character's alternate cards earlier (alternate versions such as nude and secret rare versions are unlocked at specific character levels). Especially on no bonus challenge runs, meal ticket xp is crucial. Also having characters get to certain xp thresholds (iirc lvl 60) is essential to defeating some of the dark lords.

Mechanics-wise, the xp is the main effect of the meal tickets.

Garlyle

Novice
Hey guys, first time writing on the board. First of all thanks for all the infos on the board, it helped me to get started with the game, even when I can't read japanese. I still need to do the Invasion ending and a few achievements, for example I still couldn't defeat Silky yet. Luckily the most important cards can be aquired without rng luck.

I don't know how to unlock some of the cards, couldn't find them anywhere. Pigu small versions, Toppos, Camilla, Suzume, La Vaswald. Dou you guys know how to get them?

Also I forgot where can I find the Ordinary Dad, Mom, Girl? The girl is still missing from my collection.

Jason Liang

Arcane
For the mini-Piggus you just have to get base piggu to lvl 40 or so and they will start dropping, so just give her meal tickets.

Most of the other cards are only from playing with they "any card" new game bonus

Garlyle

Novice
Ok, I got my Pigu up to 41 in a new run, now I just have to wait until I get lucky to receive them.

Forgot to ask in my previous post, but there are those achievements where 6 quests needs to be achieved. Which quests are actually counting for those?

CaptainTowel

Novice
Hi! I'm new here. I've been playing Rance X for a bit now using VNR and capture2text, and I'm having a great time. This game is awesome! While I've been able to translate most things, there are a few character abilities which I haven't been able to figure out. The main one is Patton's 2 cost AP increase attack. Where most attacks have a damage number, his says (R o *30%) and I haven't for the life of me been able to figure out what this means. It always seems to do really mediocre damage when I use it (like 75% of his attack value), which is a bummer since Patton is one of my favorite characters and I would love to be able to put him to good use!

So I wanted to ask: Does anyone know what Patton's 2 cost attack does? Thanks in advance to anyone who can let me know :)

Garlyle

Novice
Patton's attack isstronger in longer battles, as it's actual power value equals Turn Number×30% I believe. Relikov from Part 2 has a similar attack

CaptainTowel

Novice
Are there any unlock conditions for the Rance and Shizuka alts + suzume that were added in patches? My game says it's version 1.04 (confirmed via text file and la vaslwald achievement being there), and I've been playing with the 'all cards available' new game+ bonus for a couple of runs now, but I have yet to see a single one of them. I'm curious if there's something I'm missing, or if I messed up patching the game somehow

Jason Liang

Arcane
I did not get very far in my 1.04 walkthrough, so I'm not sure. It's a better question to ask on the Alicesoft wiki or haniho

I assume it's just level up Rance and Shizuka as much and as early as possible and then luck. I haven't even ever gotten fated Shizuka card yet. The problem is Crook and some of the other Free Cities characters are just too useful to use Shizuka instead of them, so you have to be really focused on collecting her cards in a single run.

Garlyle

Novice
I'm not sure if I patched it correctly the first time, but I started seeing alternative Rance and Shizuka cards after I completed Part 2 of the game. Worth a try, or maybe someone else can confirm this.

Also, if that part is done, you need Rance and Shizuka to reach a certain level to start showing up in chests; might be around 20 or 40. Rarity wise they are not very rare, but Lv85 Rance is ultra rare and has some conditions to show up.

CaptainTowel

Novice
Ah that might be it. I haven't beaten Part 2 yet, so I'll do that and then report back if they start showing up

Requiem Zero

Literate
Hi. Might be a weird question, but how were you able to run Rance on win10? It went all fine on pc with win7, but when I am away abroad, having only laptop with win10, it crashes during 1st intro battle. Kind of confusing, since neither applocale, nor switching to japanese system worked.

CaptainTowel

Novice
Hurray! Clearing part two seems to be the important flag for the rance and shizuka alts after all! On my new run after beating part two, butler Rance finally dropped at the beginning of turn four :)

Um, as far as troubleshooting for windows 10, I'm not really sure what to suggest. It worked pretty much out of the box for me on 10, so I'm not sure

Requiem Zero

Literate
Um, as far as troubleshooting for windows 10, I'm not really sure what to suggest. It worked pretty much out of the box for me on 10, so I'm not sure
Would you not mind to share any settings as of how you did it? I mean, switching to jap locale or anything else.

CaptainTowel

Novice
I didn't really change anything (settings, locale, etc), sorry :/ Like I literally installed it and hit go and it worked no problem

Garlyle

Novice
Ah that might be it. I haven't beaten Part 2 yet, so I'll do that and then report back if they start showing up
Good to hear we have the solution for this. Actually, this is the only english guide source I found for this game, but there are pretty good ones in japanese too.

Speaking of, I experimented with a hard mode game to create some of the 200 Rank cards.
LkPuCUu.jpg

I wasn't sure if I'm going to make it from the beginning, but this guide helped me a lot: https://rance10.wicurio.com/index.php?やりこみ系

Basically you need Difficulty 23 by Turn 13, and you can assassinate Happy Kyun Kyun 5 times in a row on Wenlina search in Leazas during Preparation phase. These are the big bunny girls you can find on Leazas 2 strategy on the labyrinth part. If assassinated in the first turn, these monster girls can give you 500k experience points. Do this correctly, and you can increase a card's rank to 200 with 2 meal ticket.

It requires a few preparations:
  1. Get Fated Girl Magic from the Zeth 2 campaign. She can turn auto-battles into regular battles.
  2. Get cards with assassination skills. The best ones are Don Dossky, Fated Girl Pastel, Naked Suzume, Lv38 Crane, and La Vaswald. Also Freya, Wild Sioux and Lv39 Katyusha can be useful - less accurate, but reusable.
  3. Do Free City 2 campaign multiple times to get 2 Difficulty increase in 1 turn. You can take 1 difficulty increase by going to the mountain boss rush, and another one after you defeated Pi-R. Advised to do this on Hard Mode, otherwise you need to do double suppressions.
  4. You need to capture as many girl monsters as possible - this, so you will guaranteed to face Happy Kyun Kyun on the Wenlina search campaign. Ironically that's a great map to farm girl monsters. Just make sure to leave the map before the ??? tile.
  5. Speaking of ??? tile, these can trigger the event of Wenlina's recruitment on any campaign. If that happens, you need to reload your latest save.
  6. Optional, but much recommended to get girls who can capture meal tickets: best one is Lv7 Martina Curry, but Tillday Sharp and Varen also have this skill.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom