Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Borderlands 3

Seethe

Arbiter
another game I would have bought multiple copies of for me + friends that I won't be buying at all
:cry:

Borderlands 2 for instance can be pirated and played in co-op. But yeah, I won't be buying this either.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Game looks like a Borderlands 2 DLC AND Epic Mega Store... I gonna sail on the high seas...

Dexter

Arcane
You're newfags shilling for GearBox/Randy Pitchfork and fucking Borderlands and believe this somehow reflects badly on me? :lol:

Even the people going on about "pirating" here are missing the point, this is Borderlands.

Dexter

Arcane
Like, I get people falling for it the first time around, Randy stole that Cel-shaded style from a cool-looking 3D Animated movie:

And it looked kinda Original at the time, there were robots, mutants and creatures on alien planets with post-apocalyptic wastelands with gangs to explore in a frontier-setting, and there was Co-Op and the promise of "lots of guns" and "Haha Claptrap"!

But surely at the latest after the Reddit Meme-tier Borderlands 2 people must have caught on that it's shit? "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, I'm a moron. Fool me four times, I must be braindead."

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The writing in BL2 was absolutely dire thanks to Anthony Burch. You'll get no argument from me on that front. But the gameplay was fun. I can only hope that BL3 -- in the absence of Burch -- doesn't go full-blown overboard meme fest humor and returns to a more subtle style of humor found in Borderlands 1. Probably won't happen but I can simply ignore the story.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The writing in BL2 was absolutely dire thanks to Anthony Burch. You'll get no argument from me on that front. But the gameplay was fun. I can only hope that BL3 -- in the absence of Burch -- doesn't go full-blown overboard meme fest humor and returns to a more subtle style of humor found in Borderlands 1. Probably won't happen but I can simply ignore the story.

writing in 2 was like the complete works of shakespeare compared to presequel

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Borderlands 3 Vault Hunter abilities, volcano guns, and other details revealed

The release date announcement came with lots of tidbits to digest.

kbspYsH9aBHQkzv5CUpQrn-650-80.jpg

As you may have instinctively guessed after hearing a faint humming sound caused by the entire population of Reddit groaning in unison,
Borderlands 3 is releasing on the Epic Store on September 13, and not Steam—at least not until spring 2020. The announcement came with details that have nothing to do with when and where Borderlands 3 will be available, though, and I've collected those here.

First off are the Vault Hunters. Borderlands 3 is a big reunion episode—even Tales from the Borderlands characters show up—but the Hunters are all new. We knew a bit about them already through leaks, but here are their official descriptions from 2K:
  • Moze as THE GUNNER: When Moze needs backup, she digistructs her mech–Iron Bear–for a sucker punch of additional firepower.
  • Amara as THE SIREN: A confident, capable brawler with the ability to summon ethereal fists, Amara uses her Siren powers to smash her enemies.
  • FL4K as THE BEASTMASTER: FL4K lives for the hunt. So do the loyal beasts that follow their master’s every command. Their preferred prey? Unsuspecting bandits, those poor suckers.
  • Zane as THE OPERATIVE: Specializing in battlefield gadgetry, Zane is extremely proficient at slipping into combat, creating chaos, and sneaking back out as if he were never there.
As for the guns, they will be wacky as expected. We saw a gun with legs in the reveal trailer, and the fact sheet tells us that these two-legged guns will "chase down enemies while hurling verbal insults." There'll be "firearms with self-propelling bullet shields" (what?) and "rifles that spawn fire-spewing volcanoes," too. All normal stuff.

As for where we'll be shooting all those guns, we speculated after the announcement trailer that Borderlands 3 would take us off Pandora. It was obvious, given that the glimpses we saw of a megalopolis and jungley area look nothing like the desert planet or its moon. That's confirmed.

"Discover new worlds beyond Pandora, each featuring unique environments to explore and enemies to destroy," reads the fact sheet. "Tear through hostile deserts, battle your way across war-torn cityscapes, navigate deadly bayous, and more!"

It's notable that the $250 Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition (for crying out loud with these special edition names) includes a "cloth galaxy map" and a "Sanctuary 3 model ship." Sanctuary is Borderlands 2's hub city, and it's looking likely that this time around we'll have a mobile, spacefaring hub.

https://www.pcgamer.com/borderlands...ties-volcano-guns-and-other-details-revealed/

Dodo1610

Arcane
https://borderlands.com/en-US/game-info/#-

The site got updated with a lot of new information

Guns now have 2 fire modes, specific to it's brand

The game has an offline modus and singleplayer is fully supported

“Borderlands 3 is being crafted not only as a love letter to fans of the series but also as an ideal entry point for new players to jump in alone or cooperatively, on- or offline.”

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
From press release:

At launch on September 13, Borderlands 3 will be available for PC exclusively through the Epic Games store. Borderlands 3 will be available on additional PC digital storefronts in April 2020.

“The PC gaming community has been an important part of the success of the Borderlands series, and we are excited to be partnering with Epic who recognize its worldwide popularity and share in our commitment to bring Borderlands 3 to this rapidly expanding audience,” said Ismailer. “Our mission, in addition to delivering the most engaging and captivating entertainment experiences, is to embrace new distribution platforms that will contribute to our effort to grow the audience for Borderlands 3.

Growing the audience, by making it exclusive.

:nocountryforshitposters:

:nocountryforshitposters::nocountryforshitposters::nocountryforshitposters:

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Another free game, thank you Randy and the team at CODEX :martini:
So if it were available elsewhere besides Epic, you would not be able to pirate it for some reason? Why even make such weird excuses, just pirate the game if you feel like it.

Last edited:

GrainWetski

Arcane
So if it were available elsewhere besides Epic, you would not be able to pirate it for some reason? Why even make such weird excuses, just pirate the game if you feel like it.
Epic is guaranteeing sales, so they're paying for the copies. Or something.

hajro

Arbiter
Another free game, thank you Randy and the team at CODEX :martini:
Because its 70 bucks here+ payment fees while something like bloodlines 2 is 20 on gog. But even then after sweeney fucked me over my phoenix point fig back he can gets aids from a gay prostitute for all i care.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Agreed. It was obnoxious enough in 2 to make me turn off the sound. Nobody has anything worthwhile to say and they never ever fckn SHUT UP!

Now that the 1st game's writer is on 3 I hope it'll be good and won't try to emulate the retarded memeland from 2. But considering how fckn obnoxious most of bl2 fanboys are about the writing, calling it *bleh .. goood.. . I am not too optimistic on Gearbox abandoning that shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom