Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PlayTracker Insight, a new Steam stalking website: https://playtracker.net/insight/

It appears to use the old SteamSpy method to determine number of owners from accounts that made their list of games public (which is a non-representative sample and therefore inaccurate, but still good to have)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
PlayTracker Insight, a new Steam stalking website: https://playtracker.net/insight/

https://playtracker.net/insight/game.php?game=34321

Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2

~72K
estimated owners

thinking.png

Anyway, last week's top sellers:

Fresh ones and returning ones. Cool to see some smaller games are doing better than cookie cutter industry productions.

#10 - No Man's Sky
#9 - Grand Theft Auto V
#8 - Generation Zero
#7 - Tropico 6
#6 - Grim Dawn - Forgotten Gods Expansion
#5 - PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
#4 - Outward Day One
#3 - Survivor Pass 3: Wild Card (PUBG thing)
#2 - Risk of Rain 2
#1 - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Latelistener

Arcane
There is not a single reason why Take Two wouldn't want RDR2 on PC. Unless they paid handsomely not to do it, for a time at least.

Dexter

Arcane
There is not a single reason why Take Two wouldn't want RDR2 on PC. Unless they paid handsomely not to do it, for a time at least.
Remember the release dates for GTAV?
PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
17 September 2013
PlayStation 4, Xbox One
18 November 2014
Microsoft Windows
14 April 2015

For Red Dead Redemption 2 so far we've had:
PlayStation 4, Xbox One
26 October 2018

Chances are they want to double-dip on PS5 and Xbox Whatever before they even think about releasing it on PC half a year to a year later.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Grand Theft Auto 5 still selling on PC, yet no announced Red Dead ports yet. Ridiculous.

Rockstar fears the piracy boogeyman will cut into their sales.

That's a solid point I suppose. I know console piracy exists but it's more inconvenient last I checked due to getting modded hardware and whatnot. I suppose they could be waiting for X number of sales and the online to blossom (if it does) before throwing it to the PC wolves. I doubt they're waiting on enhanced ports for new consoles as someone else mentioned, since the fucking thing already runs at high-res and they're not gonna do new assets.

Sentinel

Arcane
So I started up Steam today and my friends list literally won't show up, or when it does it says everyone is offline and I can't read chats.

Thanks Gaben, can't wait for your general UI update that surely won't be a total clusterfuck, like the one in 2012, and make me hate you you fat fucking slob.

Fuck you.

panda

Savant
been avoiding live services gaming like a plague for long
but gave up to Steam few years ago
first time catching servers down
but there is offline mode, i should be ok, right?

Still must login for offline mode lul
:rage:

but there is exe file, i can run it directly, right?
oh, the version of this old game i want to play has steam integration, or this is specific steam version or smth
requires gabe client running, literally wont launch without it
:hmmm:

Piracy is wrong

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
been avoiding live services gaming like a plague for long
but gave up to Steam few years ago
first time catching servers down
but there is offline mode, i should be ok, right?

Still must login for offline mode lul
:rage:

but there is exe file, i can run it directly, right?
oh, the version of this old game i want to play has steam integration, or this is specific steam version or smth
requires gabe client running, literally wont launch without it
:hmmm:

Piracy is wrong

Long time ago you had to be online to set the offline mode, but that has not been the case maybe since 2013, all you need is to had been online once after installing steam. If a game don't start in offline mode is because it has another DRM on top or the devs made it need online connection every time you start the game, nothing to do with steam. Also offline mode had some sort of time out where you had to go online once a month, but in last couple of years I had never seen it myself so I would presume it's gone now.

panda

Savant
Also offline mode had some sort of time out where you had to go online once a month, but in last couple of years I had never seen it myself so I would presume it's gone now
Maybe it was something like that, i had no troubles launching offline mode today, or maybe i had brain fart yesterday :P

I'm actually really pleased with Steam tbh, it was first time for me to have any plroblems in few years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom