Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Just spent over on hour on the Spear General + the Sword guy. This fight is so retarded.

You have to be aware of the super aggressive Spear general but the space is small, there is fire and the camera is an abomination.

There is one rifle man which you can posses for some distraction but he doesn't live long.

My solution was to bait the sword guy to fall into the pit and then be aggressive with the Spear General. It worked but it took an hour for the stars to align.
Just cheese it, there's always a way to cheese the minibosses of the open maps. Aggro them, then lose aggro by getting to the branch and jump to the area that leads further away from them and the idol on the side. Then get back on the branch closest to them once they turned back, quickly jump off the branch and hang on the ledge, and use the finger whistle prosthetic on the sword guy. He will come looking for the source of noise (you), move a bit to the side and he won't notice you, then once he turns his back to you, you can quickly get a backstab on him, allowing you to possess him with the ninjutsu technique.
Now, instead of having two enemies, you have an ally fighting alongside you. Occasional firecrackers and careful hit and run while your ally keeps him busy and he's down in no time.

Sentinel

Arcane
Just spent over on hour on the Spear General + the Sword guy. This fight is so retarded.

You have to be aware of the super aggressive Spear general but the space is small, there is fire and the camera is an abomination.

There is one rifle man which you can posses for some distraction but he doesn't live long.

My solution was to bait the sword guy to fall into the pit and then be aggressive with the Spear General. It worked but it took an hour for the stars to align.
you're supposed to sneak into them. how do you not realize this after 40 hours of game

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Just cheese it, there's always a way to cheese the minibosses of the open maps. Aggro them, then lose aggro by getting to the branch and jump to the area that leads further away from them and the idol on the side. Then get back on the branch closest to them once they turned back, quickly jump off the branch and hang on the ledge, and use the finger whistle prosthetic on the sword guy. He will come looking for the source of noise (you), move a bit to the side and he won't notice you, then once he turns his back to you, you can quickly get a backstab on him, allowing you to possess him with the ninjutsu technique.
Now, instead of having two enemies, you have an ally fighting alongside you. Occasional firecrackers and careful hit and run while your ally keeps him busy and he's down in no time.

Thanks but I killed them. The reach of his spear was insane but then I started strafing around him and bid my time for attacks.

I really want to reach the Demon of Hatred. Unfortunately today I'm too tired to carry on with the game.

If your posture bar is running too high because you can't handle perfect parry of every attack

A perfect parry will still cost you posture, it's just that you cannot be posture-broken on a perfect parry. So if you can parry everything you can parry forever. If you parry 99 hits and block 1 you're broken.
Breaking your own posture is mostly a fake concern anyway.
There are very few enemies and bosses who actually take advantage of it. Usually when you are stunned for that fatal second you have also all the time to roll away before retaliation and repeat the whole process.
Avoiding damage is far more of a concern most of the times.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Does anyone feel disappointed with Gun Fort?
It looked awesome from outside, but on the inside it's just some lame cave.
From should've made it into a proper location, maybe with gun prosthetic pickup and gunpowder-based environmental hazards.

panda

Savant
Breaking your own posture is mostly a fake concern anyway.
There are very few enemies and bosses who actually take advantage of it. Usually when you are stunned for that fatal second you have also all the time to roll away before retaliation and repeat the whole process.
Yeah, i've even seen some streamers intentionally missparry last combo hit to reset posture bar.

Does anyone feel disappointed with Gun Fort?
It looked awesome from outside, but on the inside it's just some lame cave.
From should've made it into a proper location, maybe with gun prosthetic pickup and gunpowder-based environmental hazards.

I was a little disappointed with it. From a distance, I assumed it was going to be some kind of interconnected mountain fortress, but instead it was just a small group of gunners sprawled across a few cliff sides, with some wooden fortifications and a shack at the top. I remember falling through the hole in the bridge on my first sprint attempt, conveniently grappled to safety, and then proceeded to stealth kill most of them as I made my way to the cave entrance. Just a brief sightseeing distraction with an easily avoided ranged hazard. And damn that Snake Eyes...

Ivan

Arcane
I have ascended
11034190503E775F76B85BAC7A10C5FF0F14AC10

CA2D0D4D5986EE3FAB7643BD6ED5057E61E125D5

After my 2nd platythrough, here are my favorite bosses:

The Sword Saint: fantastic arena, great moveset, very satisfying to master
Demon of Hatred: also very fun moveset, makes good use of the grapple

Going for Ending number 3 to see some bosses I've never played before :D

Got enough carp scales to buy Floating Passage. I quite like it. 5 quick hits and quite spammable. Killed one of them purple ninjas with pretty much just that.
Facing bit of a problem with gourd seed now, Emma won't give me the option to upgrade flasks anymore, she's just rambling on about Isshin. What should I do to be able to upgrade Gourd again?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The only challenge left for me is the sword saint and I'm really feeling my age. He's so fast. It's a fight unlike any other...

From's games are getting faster while we're getting older. I also felt this is their last game I was able to finish, barely. The next one will be for Korean minors only.

Well.. I came to this after playing Devil May Cry 5 and that one is faster. Thing is it also doesn't have a shitty camera so it's still easier. If these faggots at least made it so you wouldn't be losing your lock-on constantly.. But nope. Combat being fast is not an issue when it isn't janky. I'm having too many deaths that don't feel like my own fault here.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
From's games are getting faster while we're getting older.

lazier. I doubt i could finish contra now on 3 lives when i could do it easily back in the day and still have time to fuck around testing stuff.

From's games are getting faster while we're getting older.

lazier

Smarter. If you don't become more self conscious about the shit you are wasting your time on as you get older - you're a goddamn retard. Maybe we could still sit in front of computer for majority of the day learning to play games perfectly. But why the fuck would we, we're not kids anymore and there's other shit to do. Games should be fun, not work. Unless you make money playing them.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Smarter. If you don't become more self conscious about the shit you are wasting your time on as you get older - you're a goddamn retard. Maybe we could still sit in front of computer for majority of the day learning to play games perfectly. But why the fuck would we, we're not kids anymore and there's other shit to do. Games should be fun, not work. Unless you make money playing them.
Arbeit macht spass!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

Cromwell

Arcane
Is there a trick to make this fucking monkey do the nly attack that makes him fall down and gives me a opportunity to spear him? He just doesnt do it and everytime I try to find other openings I take way more damage in the exchange then he does because hes continuously attacking. I also found now ay to get behind him to get a few quick slices in because he turns around quickly and hits me or starts screaming.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is there a trick to make this fucking monkey do the nly attack that makes him fall down and gives me a opportunity to spear him? He just doesnt do it and everytime I try to find other openings I take way more damage in the exchange then he does because hes continuously attacking. I also found now ay to get behind him to get a few quick slices in because he turns around quickly and hits me or starts screaming.

Don't try to get behind her, forget about quick slices. The second phase is all about posture. Parrying her attacks shouldn't be a problem after a short learning curve, she's p. predictable. Just try to perfect-parry as much as possible and watch for those two big dick whacks, that's your only opportunity to put in some HP damage into her.

I think people have problem with the ape fight because they're trying to fight the 2nd stage the same way as the 1st - being reasonably aggressive and HP focused. That's futile. 2nd stage is almost entirely reactive, defensive fight, except for that one moment when she staggers after that heavy deflected attack. With that in mind she's one of the easiest bosses in the game.

Cromwell

Arcane
But if I try to stay close how would I escape the scream. The time it takes me to get out normally is enough to kill me and if I manage I will be killed the second time because that terror shit stays a while.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
But if I try to stay close how would I escape the scream. The time it takes me to get out normally is enough to kill me and if I manage I will be killed the second time because that terror shit stays a while.
The animation for when he pulls up his head to start screaming starts before the red kanji for it appears, so keep an eye on it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Don't push right into her face, just kindda hang around her and bait her into attacking so her posture constantly depletes (which is happening much slower than in the 1st stage, that should be a hint for you). Escaping her screams is very easy if you're fighting defensively, not aggressively. That's the key - don't go all Leroy Jenkins on her, don't be hurrrr imma kill you byatch schwing schwing schwing. Just stand around, defend, take a few steps back if she screams or get in a spear or a few slices if you stagger her. That's all there's to it.

Last edited:

Lord Romulus

Arcane
I know sword saint is hard and all, but not hard enough to see so many people quitting the game over it. I'm seeing a lot of people on Youtube just baiting the jumping spear overhead and hitting him once, then just running away from him for the rest of the fight and dragging out the whole fight to well over 10 minutes. It'd be so much easier to just learn to deflect, and he's so easy to mikiri while lightning reversals just destroy him.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm seeing a lot of people on Youtube just baiting the jumping spear overhead and hitting him once, then just running away from him for the rest of the fight and dragging out the whole fight to well over 10 minutes.

With that schtick it'd take 10 minutes just to beat one phase.

Hit-and-run is obviously much slower, dumber and less fun but it seems some people just really can't into a normal fight.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Flammable Demon is down. It took me 1 hour because I'm my worst enemy (also greedy as fuck).

FCA30BB135B7E3E756E80ED589D42333A8ED63C8

32AE855B95079CD5C89BFE8D2EFBDF429CA2681B

This boss fight is good but nowhere near the difficulty of Isshin. You can punish almost all of his attacks. I've become so confident in this fight that I could carry on for more.

3 times I lost at one hit. One I jumped into a fucking tree and twice I got greedy when he was doing some combo. In the end I chilled out, kept my cold blood and went for the kill.

I have to admit that is one of the better fights from the game. Nice.

Also I need a fucking bead. I killed everything and I have 3/4. One more please.

D6A68491DF0B749EF6DDE67C538097662B81EAA8

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom