Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which genres do you want to make a comeback?

Dodo1610

Arcane
Stealth games
I want stealth games in which sneaking isn't just an alternative to killing everything in your way but instead the only way to survive.
I honestly don't remember when the last real stealth game came out.

laclongquan

Arcane
RTS. I would love to see something that takes cues from RTS like Outpost 2, Warzone 2100 and Earth 2150.
A RTS with a campaign that's not just a series of linear campaign maps with no relation or persistance from one another, so its not just tactics, but strategy as well, in the pursuit of a goal.
Real Time Strategy of customizable units the likes of Warzone 2100 and SMAC. Or mecha unit like Mech Commander.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The indie Baldur's Gates and Fallouts are nice, but I'm still waiting and hoping for an indie Morrowind or Deus Ex. Maybe it's too tall an order, not sure, but a man can dream.

Also it amazes me there are so few Zelda rip-offs, and almost none of quality. Every once in a while an indie acts like they made a Zelda-a-like but then it comes out and nope.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
Fantasy and sci-fi fps, but especially fantasy. Fantasy means magic and melee weapons, and sci-fi means that no more then half of the arsenal can be regular bullet spitters.

Both needs lots of evadable enemy projectiles.

Last edited:

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Isometric shooters like the old strike series (desert strike, jungle strike, urban strike, future cop LAPD, loaded, alien shooter) preferably with lots of interaction with the environment, which is the element the strike series did best over others in the genre. Oh and coop, future cop LAPD had great coop so the potential was there. Theres still the occasinal isometric shooter like Hatred but the genre is a lost art overall.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Whatever genre you want to call (the theoretical) Daggerfall. Absolute simulation? Maybe Kenshi is like that. I need to get around to it. Now get over here Fluent, so I can take a big ole slurp off that cock.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I quite enjoyed Oceanhorn, but yea, now that I think about it, it's weird that such a successful game like Zelda doesn't get more copycats

I read about that one forever ago, thanks for the reminder. I'll check it out, put it on my GOG wishlist. It's just weird there aren't a ton of them, small and big budget alike.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom