Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vigilantes: neo-noir, turn based tactical RPG

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I feel like I've been super patient but there's still no sequel to this nor even a large expansion. What's taking so long?

Jinn

Arcane
I feel like I've been super patient but there's still no sequel to this nor even a large expansion. What's taking so long?

I think you're confusing this with another game or something. Vigilantes was just released a couple months ago.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
PqrA6OM.png

Well, have finally hit the big time. I'd like to thank my paren...

Appreciate Vigilantes being added to the Codex Steam Curator Infinitron

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://steamcommunity.com/games/545600/announcements/detail/1791775104802206056
V1.04 Incoming!
28 Feb @ 6:22pm - Timeslip
Hi all,

The windows version of Vigilantes V1.04 is currently being uploaded and should be available in less than half an hour. Mac and Linux (and the standalone versions on Humble) should be available within 24 hours.

A more complete post will follow, but for now, the update notes are here[timeslipsoftworks.com].

The build has been tested, but should you find any issues with it, please do let me know!

All the best,
Daithi

http://timeslipsoftworks.com/forum/index.php/topic,600.0.html
[Content]
+ New Perk: Momentum - Gain +1AP for defeating an enemy, with a 20% of gaining an additional AP
+ New Perk: Engineer - Craft, repair and build facilities twice as quickly.
+ New Perk: Utility Belt - Increases critical chance by 3% for each utility slot, regardless if an item is equipped in it
+ New Perk: Preventive Medicine - Reduces received damage converted to Max HP damage from 25% to 15%
+ New Weapons: Eurocorp Artemis+, Tactical Katana
+ New Crafting Recipes: Eurocorp Artemis+, Armoured Ski Mask MK II, Backpack MK II
+ New Utility Item: The Wealth of Nations - Increases sell price by 5%, decreases buy price by 5%
+ New Utility Item: Flame Resistant Clothing - Resist 100% of fire damage!
+ New Utility Item: Protein Shake - Prowess +1
+ New Utility Item: Armoured Ski Mask MK II - Reduces chance of being critically hit by 75%
+ New Utility Item: Backpack MK II - Increases max carry weigh by 15 lbs

[Balance, Information & Improvements]
+ Added information to the character section of the help screen to explain which character's skills are used in different situations
+ Pack mule perk now increases max carry weight by 22lbs (was 15)
+ Changed layout of Nightclub map, so all enemies don't start with line of sight to the player team
+ Mafia boss will now drop loot, regardless if you fight him or not
+ Rain SFX can now be disabled

[Bugs & Text Errors]
+ Fixed armour disappearing if the player crafted multiple armours in one go, then filtered by item type armour, and equipped one of the armours. (Nikopol)
+ Fixed an issue preventing the highest team trade skill being used to determine trade prices. (Brasidas)
+ Fixed the Instinct Tooltip incorrectly claiming that Instinct affects Trade Skill (RickyIcky)
+ Fixed typo in Friendly Fire perk and in interrogations. (Nikopol)
+ Fixed a number of text errors. (liessahl)
+ Fixed a number of tooltips not being hidden when the mouse exits the tooltip object (Brasidas)

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
The update is out now for Windows, Mac, Linux, on Steam and on Humble.

There's a 20% off sale on at the minute, and am pimping my virtual wares on reddit. If you have an account, please consider dropping an upvote here - it will help keep it in the air a bit longer, and hopefully get some more eyes on Vigilantes!

Last edited:

ushas

Savant
https://steamcommunity.com/games/545600/announcements/detail/1719720046990796738
Vigilantes – DLC Announcement!
1 Apr @ 10:51am - Timeslip
Hi everyone!

Now that the dust has settled on the release of Vigilantes and the marketing team at Timeslip Softworks have had plenty of time to consider ways to rifle your wallet add value to your Vigilantes experience, it's time to talk paid DLC plans!

DLC 1: Sam's Ski Trip
Sam finally gets around to taking that ski trip, but it doesn't quite turn out as expected. Following a bizarre incident involving a grizzly bear, a kayak, an uzi and a packet of microwave popcorn, Sam becomes the subject of a national manhunt by mounted police.

f1fac005c7f13160d5fa264933b24103a00173f5.jpg

DLC 2: Sam – Croc Hunter
Sam travels to a remote village in southern Australia to help the locals take down a mutant crocodile, which has been terrorising the populace. Features voice acting by Alf Stuart, president of Australia (unconfirmed).

Warning: this product contains kangaroo and liberal use of the word “Drongo”.

DLC 3: Tamagotchi Trouble
When Elena Furey's tamagotchi is struck by lightning during one of the frequent, in-game thunderstorms, through a freak accident, it becomes self aware. Tired of being scolded and fed digital snacks, the tamagotchi AI turns the tables on Elena, trapping her consciousness inside itself. Join Sam as he infiltrates the deadly digital world of the self aware tamagotchi and hacks stuff until Elena is free!

4553d8051ec6b21f1a9b72b4f99762eaeffc743a.jpg

DLC 4: Sam's Day in Court
When Edgar Kowalski is arrested under suspicion of arson, Sam must hang up the mask and step up to the task of acting as Edgar's defense lawyer. The evidence against Edgar is overwhelming. To make matters worse, Edgar has threatened to detonate an incendiary device under the judge's seat if Sam attempts to make an insanity plea!

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
Drat, all of these "jokes" would actually be instant-buy if released as proper DLCs.

Had briefly considered a single, decent sized expansion DLC, but it didn't seem like a good idea. Find that the longer a project goes on, the more difficult working on it becomes. At the tail end of 4 years, there's not a lot of joy in it, and continuing to work a game mostly comes down to discipline, commitments made to deliver a game, and the possibility of getting another go if the launch works out okay. Another factor was that although the launch went better than expected, the player base likely isn't big enough for it to be viable. Committing resources to a DLC, and ending up in a worse position in terms of available funding to start a new project seemed like the most likely outcome.

Late in development, when you're dealing with all sorts of problems and pressure on the current project, the next game is sort of a happy place. You won't get to work on it for a year or more, so you can luxuriate in being the idea guy and not have to actually worry about implementing anything until then. Since you've been thinking about it for months as a type of escapism, by the time you can start working on the new idea, there's a high level of eagerness to do so.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I find it more than a little bit annoying that your game didn't get the recognition it deserves. There's a sea of mediocre indie games out there. Vigilantes definitely stood above them in terms of quality, but I guess these days success is probably more about who you know than the quality of your product.

Anyway, I understand how you're burned out now, but if you come back and do a Vigilantes reunion tour in 10 years I would love that.

Vatnik Wumao
I liked the game at first, but felt that it blew its load too early. There is not enough variation in the missions and you are just grinding to build up experience for your team and for the shop so that you can deal with the gang strongholds.

The scripted events and conversations were nice and I hoped to see more of that stuff since its what gave the game its early character. But as the game progressed it was just grind, grind, grind.

Timeslip

Timeslip Softworks
Patron
Developer
I find it more than a little bit annoying that your game didn't get the recognition it deserves. There's a sea of mediocre indie games out there. Vigilantes definitely stood above them in terms of quality, but I guess these days success is probably more about who you know than the quality of your product.

Anyway, I understand how you're burned out now, but if you come back and do a Vigilantes reunion tour in 10 years I would love that.

Given the high level of competition, it did as well as could be expected. Granted it wasn't a big hit, but I'd guess that <5% of games get into the new and trending category on Steam. If memory serves, Vigilantes was there for about 5 days. When the most likely outcome is a complete flop, a minor victory is pretty exciting. Plus, I'm in a good position to make a better game this time around in terms of experience, having an existing code base, and (to some extent) funding. Moving on to something new does wonders for motivation, so all the right ingredients are there.

Tough to call what might happen down the line - I wouldn't rule a return to Vigilantes out at some point in the future after another game or two.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom