Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Balmora is so cozy.

If Morrowind was an MMORPG Balmora would be where all the newbs, casuals and housewives congregated.

co067.jpg

Latelistener

Arcane
Haven't got much time lately, so I finally finished Severance. What can I say.. it is a product of its time, or rather was even ahead of its time.

Visually it was one the first games that had dynamic shadows and water shaders. It utilizes motion capture and on the top of that, also has a dismemberment system and some basic physics.

Combat is still great as well as the level design (mostly). Overall, "they don't make them like that anymore" out of 10. Would definitely complete it again with another character.

Martyr

Arcane
after many tries I've finally had the perfect "Runaway Slave" start. didn't even have to fight, the Njerpez slavers killed themselves, I don't know why. only two unconscious slavers were left and all I had to do was put them to rest.

OfWTCkL.jpg

with another character (R.I.P.) --> lol @ "Warmth: Hot". it's winter, snow covers the ground and it's raining. but yeah, "hot" seems legit.

cYuCsMS.jpg

Beastro

Arcane
with another character (R.I.P.) --> lol @ "Warmth: Hot". it's winter, snow covers the ground and it's raining. but yeah, "hot" seems legit.

Does that game track the temp around you or your own?

Looks to me like it's tracking body temp as the stat isn't listed as "temperature", but as warmth, and the above pic of yours has it as "comfortably warm", which to me, makes more sense as body temp rather than of it around you. It's also classed withing a larger box containing futher stats applying to your bodies present condition.

A big problem with people out in the wild bundled up is overheating and sweating while exerting themselves. It's why it's a good reason to open up your coat and let it out before you start sweating a lot given the bigger issues of dehydration that can result from sweating too much in winter. If you get to that point you pretty much need to sit down and melt snow with a fire to get a proper amount into you. That's a huge hassle that opens up the temptation to eat snow, which drops your body temp quicker than the amount of snow you can get into yourself that way that, even if it won't bring on hypothermia, can open you up to it if you then struggle to regain that body temp afterwards.

Martyr

Arcane

Does that game track the temp around you or your own?

I think the "Warmth: Hot" implies body temperature and the blue/red bar on the top left corner implies the actual weather temperature. just found it funny because I've never felt any kind of warmth out in the winter, not even when doing sports.
but your post is quite informative, didn't know any of that!

visions

Arcane
I often feel more warmth in winter than in spring/autumn because I dress warmer in winter and if I have to walk longer distances in warm clothing, it does get hot if the outside temp is around 0 to -5 C or something like that. But yeah, around -20 and lower, that's another thing. Don't get such temps much though.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fighting waste golems would probably be the number one reason I wouldn't choose the life of an adventurer.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Btw, the loot from that fight was kinda crap too.
Edit: Now that i remember, there was a few gold nuggets. I already tend to receive something at this level in every other fight so the loot was indeed crap.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom