Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Technomancer

Liturgist
Guys, how to get into previously cut "The Broken Bridge" location?

There is a mod that adds it back,check the AOD forums.
Why it was cut in the first place and what was its role in the game? I always wondered what was planned for it at some point.

Technomancer

Liturgist
dont really know,prob for balance/pacing reasons.
you can find a broken (that still counts as heavy armor) power armor there,plus 5 sweet skill points.
Yeah, I know about the mod. Hope to see some info from Vince, I don't think there is any word from the devs about the place on the web yet or it's buried somewhere.

Incendax

Augur
Keep in mind that assassin is more of a killer (someone who can fight alone against multiple opponents and kill them quickly) than a ninja striking from the shadows.
Striking from the shadows (figurative or literal) is what separates Assassins from bog standard fighters.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Does this guy look like he strikes from figurative or literal shadows?

kuklinski-smile-og.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Keep in mind that assassin is more of a killer (someone who can fight alone against multiple opponents and kill them quickly) than a ninja striking from the shadows.
I will say that I found this description extraordinarily weird as well. Not because I think of assassins as back flipping ninjas either - that's silly - but it's equally silly to characterize them as "fighters". The difference between a fighter and a killer is vast. No assassin ever wants to end up in a fight with his victim, certainly not multiple victims.

How many times did Kuklinski face down multiple armed opponents?

Incendax

Augur
Does this guy look like he strikes from figurative or literal shadows?
He looks like he enjoys too many hamburgers. But yes, he strikes from the shadows quite regularly.
Even that wiki has an example: “Without hesitating, Kuklinski got out, walked towards the man and shot him in the back of the head as he passed by.”

Here is a far more graphic example:
http://badgecameras.com/stabbing-spree-atm/

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Yeah, I know about the mod. Hope to see some info from Vince, I don't think there is any word from the devs about the place on the web yet or it's buried somewhere.

It was more of an idea than a proper location, and the contents from it created two new areas that didn't exist before. There's an old picture somewhere in which you could see the dead Magi and the writing on the wall, which ended up in the tower above Maadoran, which made way more sense than a tower in a bridge in the middle of the desert. And there were a couple of raiders, which were just a minor encounter (just not to make the location a simple "enter the tower"). Since we had moved the dead magi, we gave the gang a bigger role, and the quest outgrew the location again, so we created the mountain monastery (the gang had the ingredient for the healer, but then we starting asking ourselves what it was doing there, we created the monastery/facility, and created the conflict between the gang and the monastery guys, which was more interesting than "go there and take this from this gang").

But it didn't die there. I had some work in progress of a bigger area, in which it was actually an island port. I was playing around with the idea of this being the starting area for an expansion/separate game, in which you "gather your party" here in this outpost and travel to Aellium, the ruins of the Capital of the Empire, which was sank. The idea was a game kinda like Icewind Dale, in which you explore the ruins of the city, with traps and other looter factions trying to reach the heart of the capital.

Some pictures of the unfinished bridge outpost:

XFg3yZ1.png

Lnkw11x.png

eQ2FlTX.png

EB8bdXw.png

Qyi0p3h.png

k9hz2bJ.png

Last edited:

Technomancer

Liturgist
Damn, many thanks Elhoim! I did not hope for such an extensive answer. I just I love to see stuff like this, it is like a small museum piece from the AoD history.
Aurus, the ruins of the Capital of the Empire, which was sank
I don't remember this bit of lore from the game, is it actually mentioned somewhere or is it behind the scenes ideas?

It is interesting to know that you planned a proper expansion for the game. I understand that dungeon rats were necessary, especially for testing new party mechanics but expansion about exploring Atlantis-like city in the world of AoD is just way to cool to forget!

Judging on the date it seems it did not die still since you saved the work in progress.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I don't remember this bit of lore from the game, is it actually mentioned somewhere or is it behind the scenes ideas?

It is interesting to know that you planned a proper expansion for the game. I understand that dungeon rats were necessary, especially for testing new party mechanics but expansion about exploring Atlantis-like city in the world of AoD is just way to cool to forget!

Judging on the date it seems it did not die still since you saved the work in progress.

Aellium, was the name. A nobleman in Ganezzar mentions it:

“The capital of the Old Empire. The loremasters say the fighting was so fierce, the land itself was split asunder and the city sunk beneath the waves. That was the turning point. We stopped the bastards dead and won the war but the cost was too great to bear.”

Also Gaellius:

“When the War had finally reached Aellium, the fighting was so fierce that the earth itself couldn’t bear it anymore. It trembled, then split open, and the capital city along with the Qantari army and their demons had vanished into fire and water, never to be seen again.

“The Daratan forces kept the Qantari back to deny them a chance to escape the cataclysm.”

About this game, it was just an idea at some point, we never really worked on it.

I've got a question for the developers. I was checking iron tower studios and I found that there is a 'community mod' including new content. I was wondering if developers themselves would classify some of its features (like bringing the airship to teron) as content good enough to be confused for original content, or if they don't endorse at all the changes.

That's the mod I'm talking about:

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,7451.0.html

Vault Dweller

Developer
I've got a question for the developers. I was checking iron tower studios and I found that there is a 'community mod' including new content. I was wondering if developers themselves would classify some of its features (like bringing the airship to teron) as content good enough to be confused for original content, or if they don't endorse at all the changes.

That's the mod I'm talking about:

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,7451.0.html
I haven't played it (due to the lack of time) so I wouldn't know. When Sunfire started working on it, I was tempted to write whatever dialogues he needed but never had time for that either.

Okay, I'll wait for your feedback then before installing it. I know it may never come, but I'm also a purist zealot.

Good luck with your new project.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Okay, so I bit the bullet and restarted the game, this time distributing skill points to my assassin to fit the game design. I still left the base stats the same (6, 10, 6, 8, 5, 5) but I've only invested in sneak, impersonate, streetwise and alchemy. Combined with newly acquired knowledge of how combat works, it's a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Like, quite literally, I'm fucking Artemis Entreri, murdering the shit out of everyone.

Oh yeah, before I forget, I found another retarded encounter. That noblewoman in the first town, when I tried to scam her she required high impersonation and streetwise combos, which I've passed, but then came a hobo dick etiquette wall. Like, who will ever make such a character? That skill combo will only ever be useful for this one encounter.

But yeah, I've breezed through Arena, except final bosses, which required extensive use of nets/bombs and strategic choice of moves. It was a real pleasure of turn based combat. And it gave me super cool items.

Now I'm finishing the third town, got 3 tubed power armour, which is only slightly disappointing it can't transform to fully suit a dodge build. It would've been really cool if I could get it to transform into some speed booster exhausts instead of the shield.
But I like it, it reminds me of Stargate movie.

I can already see myself playing again as a loremaster, that's about the only frustrating thing right now, not being able to muck around with ancient machines and artifacts.

Essentially, the progress formula is to wonder far and wide to acquire sufficient skill points for all encounters (I hate just walking away and missing out on content).

I thought that group battle for the gold chest in the desert was really cool. Wish there was more of that.

What a great game.

I'm curious when do I get to advance rank in Brotherhood, like my rep is 13 and I'm stile a novice.

P.S.
There was one game breaking bug, after the preacher in Temple district of Gannezzar finishes his speech, everyone in the crowd scratches their right calf with left foot at the same time. Literally unplayable.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Aaaand done. Good stuff. Pity the best content is locked behind lore/crafting. It's the only gripe I have. There should be a warning, if you only have time for one play through, go for lore/craft build for maximum content.

I've built this perfect killing machine, but can't kill God without lore/craft. He's still hitting me every turn with 13 Dex and Eagle Eye potion. 10 in dodge. Apparently it requires lore locked poison to weaken him. Or crafting armour to withstand damage. Or lore locked amulet to avoid psych damage. I have alchemy bombs, not that it matters if I can't live through one round.

I guess my first comment still applies, great game, but... Eat a bag of dicks :salute:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yup as a pure assassin you cannot kill him... or at least I never managed to find a way but it was a good ending at least

Technomancer

Liturgist
slightly disappointing it can't transform to fully suit a dodge build. It would've been really cool if I could get it to transform into some speed booster exhausts instead of the shield.
I want this option bad in the game. It would be beyond cool if there was an intelligence check of 8 and then lore + crafting check of 16 to disable the shield module in the arm, but since we can't truly comprehend the tech this can be done only permanently with no ability to reverse your "modification". Mechanically it would convert the armor to dodge oriented suit and remove the -1 to dodge the default suit infers, while also providing the ability to wield two-handed weapons.

I requested the mod for this at some time but unfortunately, this feature can only be done by the devs, because game data for the suit is hidden way too far in the engine for modders to access or something. I hope Iron Tower will patch this in someday, gonna buy another copy just because of that.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Aaaand done. Good stuff. Pity the best content is locked behind lore/crafting. It's the only gripe I have. There should be a warning, if you only have time for one play through, go for lore/craft build for maximum content.

I've built this perfect killing machine, but can't kill God without lore/craft. He's still hitting me every turn with 13 Dex and Eagle Eye potion. 10 in dodge. Apparently it requires lore locked poison to weaken him. Or crafting armour to withstand damage. Or lore locked amulet to avoid psych damage. I have alchemy bombs, not that it matters if I can't live through one round.

I guess my first comment still applies, great game, but... Eat a bag of dicks :salute:
Try again with nets/bolas, might help.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Oh yeah, before I forget, I found another retarded encounter. That noblewoman in the first town, when I tried to scam her she required high impersonation and streetwise combos, which I've passed, but then came a hobo dick etiquette wall. Like, who will ever make such a character? That skill combo will only ever be useful for this one encounter.
A con artist (grifter). Merchants do well with etiquette too as they spend a lot of time with the nobles.

What a great game.
Thanks, glad you liked it.

Yup as a pure assassin you cannot kill him... or at least I never managed to find a way but it was a good ending at least
A Codex assassin killed him in 2 turns, iirc. Assassin/alchemist. Poisoned dagger, berserk potion, neurostimulant. All high end stuff, level 8 or higher.

Void_Pickle

Educated
It is absolutely possible to kill Aga (without weakening him) with an assassin... although I had to start a new game with a more optimized one to do so (treating con as a dump stat... bad idea).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom