Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Multiplay Alpha Centauri - Binary Dawn - Game 2

Hellraiser

Arcane
Restarted factions stop being infiltrated and the Unity wreckage does not show their new locations. Sometimes, the game allows conquerors to track restarted locations but not always.

Good to know, still that needed Kalin to kill me off. Most likely he would delay that at least until he would probe all my tech which I wanted to prevent.

Not seeing new locations via the wreckage is only a slight hindrance, by knowing all the previous locations one can narrow down the restarting location to a few places by eliminating the known ones.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Empath Guild tech would be nice to get via the Translator's free techs but in the end the RNG deciding available tech is very capricious (what the fuck was Firaxis thinking when implementing it?). It already shafted me twice in 25 turns! The translator was the result of it, tech times were getting long and I did not have what I wanted and needed. Two free techs seemed like a solution to prevent stagnation. Unfortunately I did not consider that the unity wreckage could doom me like that and that I should be worrying more about that.

:hero:

PS. I am not very fond of the map in general and couldn't be arsed to play on versus the AI. The landmasses are too cramped (I do not like the small map of planet in general, and this is just it only made wider and with new landmasses/island added), I would rather see the previous version map fixed by trimming/scattering the jungle and maybe adding a land bridge between the split continent (since it pretty much railroads you into going for foils otherwise, making it only slightly better than cuck island).

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Lost Combat Footage of Spartan Commander vs Peacekeeper Militia

RK47

Patron
yMfFlmd.png

Combat footage from Gaian-Believer front
FiyGarJ.png

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Greetings sirs.

My attention has been drawn to a supposed critical shortage of a certain herbicide that saw wide application during the war in Vietnam, and apparently the only solution to this crisis is to reveal the password of the agent in question to a concerned third party.

Is this true, or is it some MUSLIM RUSE?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
hey i can't just give away passwords to every turk on the street that asks me to do it ok

a commission must be formed to open an inquiry, then a subcommission will commence the preliminary proceedings to file an enquiry, and finally a committee of authorised inspectors will be able to acquire the information necessary to conduct an audit into the matter

please be patient and rest assured that as your representative i am working around the clock to settle the investigation

RK47

Patron
Gaian Diversity Parade to keep peace and morale in New Jerusalem

2iGea3b.jpg

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Has it really been forty cycles? Yes, it has, and this planet is still forsaken by Capitalism! The worms remain an ever present threat, but progress has finally been made with the obelisk. Morgan Koi Pond is exploiting it and it is most promising. I can only hope we haven't fallen too far behind any other survivors of the Unity.

CEO Nwabudike Morgan - Personal Log

We have fallen too far behind the others. It's going to take a lot of luck to climb out of this hole.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Attacked TBS. Kalin auto-declared war on account of their pact.

Somehow I get the feeling attacking TBS might not end well.

Also Jesus fucking Christ. It appears the UN was sandwiched between bloodthirsty Spartans, the Hive and the Gaian :prosperface: radicals. Even without the lazor rover rape I probably would not last long.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
First contact with other humans has been a disaster. The Gaians show up, propose a treaty of friendship, and then immediately destroy my ornamental Koi Pond. Such barbarism! Morgan Industries is about to fall. It wont be long we are all worm food.

I should have stayed on Earth!

CEO Nwabudike Morgan - Personal Log

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
It's not much of a victory. But it is really the only victory I can claim. Resources exist to be consumed, but I see no reason make it easy for the vile Gaian invaders. A pity to destroy three such marvels of engineering, but it would be a bigger pity to allow Gaia to use them. The Borehole Ruins is all the victory I need. Further, Skye must have some reason to pull her worms back short of wiping us out. So it is up the me to finish the job. Thankfully I have the courage to see it done!

CEO Nwabudike Morgan - Personal Log, Final Entry

I was able to take out the last borehole, rename the landmark, obliterate my base, and use my lone independent rover to beat up a worm in a final, vain attack. A fitting end, I say. And,I guess not being the first, or even second, faction destroyed and managing to keep pushing the turn for so long when defeat was obvious from about turn 4 count as victories as well. Until next time, cheers mates!

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Maim me? I was pre-maimed! Your analysis on the RNG is accurate. It screwed me right from landing. Note the wall of fungus blocking all paths to the good stuff. Maybe I should have moved from the landing site before settling. Learning experience.

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
this thread is a massive cocktease
i have nfi whats happening after an hour of txt

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Regarding Morgan:

I had no units on the board when I ended my last turn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom