Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Fortunately ore worms stop being a problem much faster than dragonflies.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I don't think it was worms, they die to quickly. I believe it was dwarves. They cast various spells - including rot armor, which I believe also destroys items. Because they cast so many spells (including banish undead (?) and remove curse (??)) and take long time to take down with weapons, I might have missed that.

Ore worms I love to eat those.

What race is your Necro?
Fey, but so is my Wizard and he also wears a wizard hat but a blue one. Red one says Meditation but Necro doesn't have Meditation skill at all so I wonder.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Is there a trick for them btw, except of hasting and nuking them? No buff I used worked, characters still randomly died (that is, regardless of marching formation), but since they're random encounters, I can't always run prebuffed. So I finished location by just savescumming around them.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I believe it was dwarves.

oh yeah, those are YUGE MOTHERFUCKERS

remember to spam hold monsters 24/7 like it aint a thang

Is there a trick for them btw, except of hasting and nuking them? No buff I used worked, characters still randomly died (that is, regardless of marching formation), but since they're random encounters, I can't always run prebuffed.

Armourplate x5. I think it's feasible to keep it up indefinitely in areas where dragonflies spawn, since they don't really appear everywhere in the game. And it's much better for your sanity than playing the reload roulette.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I don't think it was worms, they die to quickly. I believe it was dwarves.

Ore worms destroy weapons (if equipped) and the Dwarves 49ers can rot armor, which is more of a pain in the behind.

Barracks is much faster. It’s so good I expect it will get nerfed just writing this.

You mean the Xeno Barracks? By then you have already basically finished the game, so what's the point in grinding so late?

Shadenuat

Arcane
damn that would have made my Wiz7 playthrough easier.

I agree it should't work like that though, unless it would also show AC in stats, would be mentioned in spell description and in the manual, I'm not using that... for now.

Gunnar

Arbiter
If you have 6 guys with max speed and lethal blow you will be able to kill multiple swarms of Dragonflies before they have a chance to act.

Incendax

Augur
When I was young, I went with my family out to the Dragonfly migrations. Several hundreds of them would follow the aqueducts for whatever reason, and my father let me go stand on the side of the water in the middle of them. He said it was totally safe, besides them bumping into you.

Apparently he didn't know they could bite like a motherfucker.
I immediately found out. Dozens of times.

Shadenuat

Arcane
congratulations,
that was just the tutorial

funny-nope-dog-jumping.gif

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The game crashes when I attempt to leave the Tabernacle of Music. It crashed when I tried to leave after first zoning into Tabernacle, but then it finally let me out for some reason. So I thought it was something transient and went back in and did Tabernacle, but now that I'm done, I can't exit again. Any insight on this?

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 23 hours ago :
This is a terrible bug and I will get onto it this week. Preparing another update as soon as I can, been a long time since the last update so there will be quite a few fixes in this one and some new features here and there. I will make this Tabernacle bug high priority, that's a serious issue not being able to simply leave. Never had this reported before but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

Silentstorm

Learned
So, how is this game?

Reviews seem to be mixed but it's a dungeon crawler ala Wizardry so i am interested in this game, just would like to know if it's any good.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If you are thinking about buying it now is the time, the special discount of 25% ends in about 12 hours.

GandGolf

Augur
The game crashes when I attempt to leave the Tabernacle of Music. It crashed when I tried to leave after first zoning into Tabernacle, but then it finally let me out for some reason. So I thought it was something transient and went back in and did Tabernacle, but now that I'm done, I can't exit again. Any insight on this?

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 23 hours ago :
This is a terrible bug and I will get onto it this week. Preparing another update as soon as I can, been a long time since the last update so there will be quite a few fixes in this one and some new features here and there. I will make this Tabernacle bug high priority, that's a serious issue not being able to simply leave. Never had this reported before but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

What do you want to bet that when the next patch comes out that mana regeneration for Drows and Humans is still messed up?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom