Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

sullynathan

Arcane
Is anyone playing this with randoms and if so, how is it working out?
It's fine. You can talk to randoms or leave messages. Usually, you'll find some decent ranoms if you enter a server with good parameters.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Is anyone playing this with randoms and if so, how is it working out?
I've done ~20 quests with randoms, it has mostly been smooth sailing except for one dude who carted twice and failed the quest because he was too stingy with health potions.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Kulve Taroth is easier than I thought, even with randoms. The loot lottery for weapons is absolutely terrible though.

Perkel

Arcane
HD patch released.
+30GB to download as DLC if you want max res textures.

Unlike Betsheda "high res packs" this seems to actually do something though effect isn't really that huge.
But it requires a lot of VRAM. I am yet to finish download it but in game metter says that full texture option for me is 4,2GB vram out of 4GB my GPU have but imho this meter seems to be wonky so maybe it will be just enough to test it.

someone made this comparison, so it is not only for armor and stuff but also environment.
MHW had issues with rendering of armor textures at start so this patch is not redundant due to mod that fixed texture loading. Texture loading itself also i think was fixed in last patch or in patch before previous one.

Also they added TAA+FXAA option and people say that it gets rif of aliasing completely (though i don't see how if it is just TAA+FXAA)

PnuBDip.png

gxdSr03.png

Perkel

Arcane
Also interesting stat from reading game stats.

97,5% people escaped jaggras while hiding in bush via mendatory mission. Only 2,5% players didn't play bought game (journalists lol ? who got game free ?)
70% people killed their first monster
50% killed 100 large monsters

edit:

Game is on Sale right now 34% off.

Perkel

Arcane
Looks like i can play without issues with max textures even if i hit above 4GB limit.
This limit in UI is basically loose and doesn't properly show how much vram game uses.

The new AA option TAA+FXAA is something more than what name suggest because it completely erased any kind of aliasing i had before. Now game is completely clean at 1080p. Good job Capcom.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Looks like i can play without issues with max textures even if i hit above 4GB limit.
This limit in UI is basically loose and doesn't properly show how much vram game uses.

The new AA option TAA+FXAA is something more than what name suggest because it completely erased any kind of aliasing i had before. Now game is completely clean at 1080p. Good job Capcom.

Does it still look washed out? That's the main problem with post-processing AA.

I'm about done until the addon hits. A lot of the arch tempered endgame monsters are just huge hp blobs with added one shot abilities, reminds me of Dark Souls III almost.

mogwaimon

Magister
30 gigs, christ. Well, I didn't get a 1080Ti and a new SSD to have low-res textures but goddamn the textures are bigger than the base game. Guess it'll look better when I go back to MHW for the Witcher stuff.

Ivan

Arcane
I enjoyed MHW, it was my first outing with the series and I tired of fighting the same monster "type" after the first 15 hours once you've kinda seen it all. For my personal taste, I would want on the fly weapon switching to make combat more fun. I would like to see greater emphasis on enclosing enemies to mitigate boring fecal chases.

Perkel

Arcane
Gaijin hunter did short video on what makes G-rank(master rank in inceborne expansion) from low/high rank:

sullynathan

Arcane

Releases September 6th 2019

I like the new elk monster, rather different from everything else. I've never been a fan of the annoying land sharks and the revival cat tool looks helpful.

Vorark

Erudite
Antekadrome! Gammoth is Popodrome so the only one missing is the legendary Kelbidrome.

sullynathan

Arcane

Master Rank is like G Rank

Expansion takes place after main game

Hoarfrost Reach is the new snowy main locale. It opens up as you go through the expansion, and is the largest Monster hunter location ever.

Cold areas will make stamina gauge decrease so you need to make hot drinks like the old games. Snow is dynamic and can be thick in certain areas and will slow you down.

Hot springs provide the same effect as hot drinks.

Banbaro is the new brute wyvern Elk. He's early game and can pick up boulders and trees and use them as weapons or projectiles.

Beotodus is the snow shark. He'll be the first large monster you fight. It has a turf war with Banbaro.

Nargacuga comes half way through the story. He has a turf war with Rathalos.

They wanted to put new turf wars.

Velkhana is the new flagship monster of Iceborne.

Slinger can now be used when your weapon is drawn for all weapon types. You can fire a claw to grapple on monsters while readying the slinger to then fire all slinger ammo at the monster at once.

You can fire flash pods with your weapons drawn.

You have new combos: You can fire a flash pod/slinger shot in the middle of a great sword attack to make monster flinch to then attack.

new custom mods for light bowgun like reloading while evading. if you double evade, the 2nd evade will be a slide.

more videos coming later. If you own MH: World, you only need to buy the iceborne expansion pack.

They will release a physical and digital version with the base game + iceborne at release and it can be pre-ordered now.

STEAM version of Iceborne will come in Winter.

Arch Tempered Nergigante comes May 11th 2019. new armor, more aggressive attacks. new PS4 theme out now.

Last edited:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
G rank confirmed? I'm definitely going to play this once Iceborne comes out then, finally.
I wonder how many more monsters will be introduced besides the 3 we saw in the trailer and nargacuga. Please give 4U monsters to me.

Perkel

Arcane
Please give 4U monsters to me.

No way you will get same amount of monsters. That will be probably around MHW2G assuming MHW2G won't be new gen title and again improves graphics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom