Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Dux

Arcane
Anyone have a fix for seizure-inducing flashing light sources? I have no idea why it started happening all of a sudden.

edit: I have it on borderless windowed and no AA. My 1070 is updated with the newest drivers. Torches and other things are still flashing like crazy. Considering it only happens in the vicinity of light sources like that, I can only imagine it's some engine bug or something.

Last edited:

PorkBarrellGuy

Anyone have a fix for seizure-inducing flashing light sources? I have no idea why it started happening all of a sudden.

edit: I have it on borderless windowed and no AA. My 1070 is updated with the newest drivers. Torches and other things are still flashing like crazy. Considering it only happens in the vicinity of light sources like that, I can only imagine it's some engine bug or something.

Weird. This is with the latest DLC, right? I remember occasional graphical issues with both the OG campaign and AoM, but nothing to do with light sources (I was having horrible shader issues in Ugdenbog though)

Dux

Arcane
I don't have any of the DLCs. I've played the game a solid four hours with no problems and now suddenly torches and whatnot are going crazy in the Warden's Cellar - flashing bright lights every second or so. It's isolated to those specific areas, however, like an area on the wall and the light bounces off nearby surfaces. I don't get it. If I'm in an area with no torches or any other light source things are okay, but that's hardly a long-term solution. The flashing is actually quite bad and I don't think I can continue playing like this, if I'm honest, unless it's fixed. I'm not epileptic or anything but it's quite distracting nonetheless.

edit: I think the problem is worse than I thought. I don't believe this is related to lighting, specifically.

gQEjH0a.jpg

RsXynQr.jpg

These screenshots aren't perfect but they illustrate the problems I'm having. Doorways are wigging out, torches. It's like they blink in and out.

Last edited:

PorkBarrellGuy

I don't have any of the DLCs. I've played the game a solid four hours with no problems and now suddenly torches and whatnot are going crazy in the Warden's Cellar - flashing bright lights every second or so. It's isolated to those specific areas, however, like an area on the wall and the light bounces off nearby surfaces. I don't get it. If I'm in an area with no torches or any other light source things are okay, but that's hardly a long-term solution. The flashing is actually quite bad and I don't think I can continue playing like this, if I'm honest, unless it's fixed. I'm not epileptic or anything but it's quite distracting nonetheless.

...I actually wonder if this IS connected to the shader issues I was having. Have you tried tinkering with graphical settings at all?

EDIT: OK, looking at those screenshots... wow. I actually have never seen anything like that before in GD. What the fuck. First one looks more or less ok and the second one... apparently the crew of the USS Enterprise is beaming in around you. Fucking weird.

It actually kind of looks like the "make this transparent at certain camera angles to ensure players can see shit" thing that GD does is just going bonkers or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dux

Arcane
All right, I've removed Reshade (the DLLs and everything) from the x64 folder and things seem to be back to normal...

That sucks though, if that's what's causing things to bug out. I like my Reshade.

PorkBarrellGuy

I think the much bigger issue here is that you've bound Cadence to RMB. You lunatic, you.

He's ranged. Makes sense to do that, at least until you get a better option for RMB.

Wait, he is ranged right? Because if he's melee that makes no sense.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Listen, my dawg here has health and energy bound to 1 & 2, despite them already being R & E. I have no trouble believing he's right clicking his way to glory.

EDIT:

I swear to baby Jesus I didn't see your user name until after I posted. Sorry, my other dawg.

PorkBarrellGuy

Something else I just noticed. What is that thing to the left of the health bar? The loot filter settings used to be there, but that doesn't look like the loot filter button.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I killed the Shaper of Flesh and... that's it? AoM is over? I expected a cutscene or something. I didn't even realized I had finished the main quest.

Black_Willow

Arcane
I've just reached Darkvale Gate and there's one really painful problem with this game: The writing.

It's not that the writing is bad, far from it... it's how it's brought to the player. Every readable is an Audiolog, a recording of someone's thoughts scribbled on a piece of paper and then just left lying around somewhere.

This is Wrong. No one writes like this, even during the End Times. If Zaria the Seamstress Carver wants to reveal her plans on how to drain Darkvale of its blood, she will not do it via written-down journal entries that can potentially be discovered by someone and used to expose her. She might do it via correspondence to a fellow cultist, but then he would have her letters and she would have his, which is the wrong way round. The game writers were not wearing their thinking caps.

I know why they did it though: Because it's cheap and easy. Don't have to waste time making it 'fit', don't have to hire voice actors and/or render cutscenes, etc.

It's becoming all more common to see this in video games that are sold over the (digital) counter.
I blame System Shock 2.

Zakhad

Savant
I killed the Shaper of Flesh and... that's it? AoM is over? I expected a cutscene or something. I didn't even realized I had finished the main quest.

Technically there's at least one quest that only opens after that... and others that you probably haven't started yet due to low rep.

I skip the cutscenes after the first time anyway, so it doesn't really bother me either way.

Zakhad

Savant
Cyberarmy Frank Capicoli Sykar
I got them merits.

made a new char, edited it to get access to the FG portal on ultimate difficulty bought the tokens and stashed them. Deleted the "dirty" save and started with a new char. level 3 oathkeeper running on ultimate :salute:

How's it going? I found the resistance debuffs a real killer for low level characters... certain fights basically one-shot you since you have such terrible resistances that you can't afford to be hit by some AoEs..

I got them merits.

made a new char, edited it to get access to the FG portal on ultimate difficulty bought the tokens and stashed them. Deleted the "dirty" save and started with a new char. level 3 oathkeeper running on ultimate :salute:

How's it going? I found the resistance debuffs a real killer for low level characters... certain fights basically one-shot you since you have such terrible resistances that you can't afford to be hit by some AoEs..
the first dungeon aether rape is one shot. need to go encro and go skellies to survive till level 30ish i suppose.

Zakhad

Savant
I got them merits.

the first dungeon aether rape is one shot. need to go encro and go skellies to survive till level 30ish i suppose.

Spend some time in Crucible first? It's good for levelling since you can buy the first few devotion points very cheaply (although devotion is trivial now anyway with merits, since you just swallow a merit then go back to veteran and teleport to all the shrines across the gameworld).

Pretty easy to get to level 20 in a few runs of the first wave.

I got them merits.

Spend some time in Crucible first? It's good for levelling since you can buy the first few devotion points very cheaply (although devotion is trivial now anyway with merits, since you just swallow a merit then go back to veteran and teleport to all the shrines across the gameworld).

Pretty easy to get to level 20 in a few runs of the first wave.
no didn't enter crucible. Just for fun you know. killing a lv4 rotten zombie takes like a fourth of my health and almost a dozen weapon attacks. Its kind of fun in a hardcore way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom