Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Angelo and Deemon: One Hell of a Quest, an adventure game boasting hard puzzles and non-pixel art graphics, made by an Ukraine studio:

ss_3b1137cdc991ca802e58490df4ffc42860bd9fcb.600x338.jpg
ss_5ad26400da9e719a22349cb0649a9d546cf425f4.600x338.jpg

... with somewhat familiar faces.

Spaceland, a cartoony XCOM-like space sci-fi tactics, by the Russian developers behind Braveland:

ss_0df21f7898c7adadc1e8448a1d5fef1dc0394aa8.600x338.jpg
ss_ee5f02ce68aca97b90b1a205c36e210987b420b9.600x338.jpg

ortucis

Prophet

I bought this game a day or two ago cause it was about to be finally released in a week. Gameplay loop was fun, but you get used to it really fast. I completed the whole game in 2 hours, failing only once on first try. Basically, you're given the same quest every time you start the game: Earn $200, find a job and rent a house. The moment you do that, you feel like "this is when the real game starts", but nope, that's the end-game. Game ends with a fade out. That's it.

It's VERY easy to find the right shelters, stay above 85 Happiness and be constantly fed. Hell, I got a stray dog I was able to keep feeding every day, cause it was so cheap and easy. This doesn't feel like "homeless" survival. This world feels easier to survive than real life.

What a disappointment. I refunded it, luckily according to Steam it was exact 2 hrs when I ended the play-through.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected

I bought this game a day or two ago cause it was about to be finally released in a week. Gameplay loop was fun, but you get used to it really fast. I completed the whole game in 2 hours, failing only once on first try. Basically, you're given the same quest every time you start the game: Earn $200, find a job and rent a house. The moment you do that, you feel like "this is when the real game starts", but nope, that's the end-game. Game ends with a fade out. That's it.

It's VERY easy to find the right shelters, stay above 85 Happiness and be constantly fed. Hell, I got a stray dog I was able to keep feeding every day, cause it was so cheap and easy. This doesn't feel like "homeless" survival. This world feels easier to survive than real life.

What a disappointment. I refunded it, luckily according to Steam it was exact 2 hrs when I ended the play-through.

This reminds me of a Flash game where you were homeless and had to travel to some kind of big city. I recall having this minigame where you have to hit a twitchy vein with a syringe to regain health, setting up bear traps to stay safe from bears while camping on the road and some other stuff like that. I played it a good 10 years ago, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom