Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Lord Romulus

Arcane
Demon is just about knowing how to avoid all his different attacks, once you know how it's pretty easy.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Demon is just about knowing how to avoid all his different attacks, once you know how it's pretty easy.

That was in the first half hour. The rest of time was trying to make an almost perfect performance to avoid RNG. Specially in the first phase although being easier he can snowball you easily after one mistake with the long range ball attack. To kill him you have to stay very close all the time. If you get hit by the slamming jump you are fucked. It's very easy to avoid, but the camera fucked me some times.

The other problem is patience and endurance. I was I was sick of fighting him and getting greedy to finish the nonsense. I could 0% damage the first phase and lose focus at some point and got snowballed by some RNG bad pattern.

It's a Bloodborne boss and doesn't belong in this game. HP bloat an incoherence with Sekiro mechanics. Posture is irrelevant because you shouldn't deflect any attack that's not the foot pounding the floor or the head strike, and those are not enough.

Maybe it's me but I don't like the fight. And in general I find almost all bossfights amazing: Horse Samurai, Lady Butterfly, Genichiro, Guardian Ape, Corrupted Monk, Emma-Isshin, and Isshin final form seems fantastic, although I have yet to face him.

Last edited:

Child of Malkav

Erudite
That's applicable to every boss ever.
Sekiro also demands execution as well and not everyone has speed of light reflexes.
Also: 3 health bars, almost instantaneous charge attack, homing missiles and cone of fire which can be spammed at any distance except close range, camera issues when up close, he keeps jumping away all the time which means always sprinting all over the place, distance also means spamming those 2 attacks or those fireballs which I assume can only be blocked by the umbrella because jumping, dodging, deflecting doesn't work only sprinting under them, yeah good luck with that, you also need a good supply of divine confetti otherwise you're getting to 70 yo by the time you kill him.
Edit: killed him once, never again. One of the worst bosses.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I didn't know that Demon was susceptible to divine confetti.
Maybe i'm just used to "strike ankles of bullshit big monster with fucky hitboxes" bosses of previous games, but i had no problems with him.
it wasn't great, but wasn't all that bad too.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Specially in the first phase although being easier he can snowball you easily after one mistake with the long range attack ball attack. To kill him you have to stay very close all the time.
that ball attack is to halt you trying to rush in and close after he creates distance. Unless he ended up very close to you (will only happen if he collides with a wall, usually) after the perilous move where he runs a long distance, or that massive distance back-leap, don't rush in. Instead, stay at range and avoid fireballs by running away from him. Wait for him to do that long reach fire arm slam move, avoid it, then close during its long recovery.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Specially in the first phase although being easier he can snowball you easily after one mistake with the long range attack ball attack. To kill him you have to stay very close all the time.
that ball attack is to halt you trying to rush in and close after he creates distance. Unless he ended up very close to you (will only happen if he collides with a wall, usually) after the perilous move where he runs a long distance, or that massive distance back-leap, don't rush in. Instead, stay at range and avoid fireballs by running away from him. Wait for him to do that long reach fire arm slam move, avoid it, then close during its long recovery.

If you are not too far you can run under the balls also. Thanks for the advice, but I'm not fighting that shithead ever again.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Btw, he can be stunned for a significat amount of time by using whistle prothetic.
That's true, I forgot to say that. However you can use like 3 or 4 times and it's best used during the 3rd phase and with sugar and confetti you can take like 70% of his hp bar. You can also use the ceremonial tanto to get 5 emblems for half health, if you're super good and somehow didn't use very little healing resources up to that point.
Edit: just correcting some typos.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
What's the problem with Demon?

Nothing.

People just blame the game for being shit at it.
I struggled with other bosses and liked the fights a lot. Keep the ad hominems to the journalists trying to push for easy modes.

The only notably bad fight in the entire game is the ogre.

And the Blazing Bull.

And the Divine Dragon.

And the Folding Screen Monkeys.

And the Mist Noble.

And the Long-Arm Centipede Giraffe.

Some would say that the game has quite a few shitty fights. :mindblown:

Anyway I do agree that Demon of Hatred is one of the better fights from the game but the way you dismiss any complains about the boss fights is edgy, boring and lame.

You and the other retard TheSentinel should fuck off to another thread and measure your penises with a magnifying glass cause that's a real challenge right there.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
you dismiss any complains about the boss fights is edgy, boring and lame.

Imma put as much effort into this as you guys, beacuse all I'm seeing ITT is "boss is shitty because I die to X attack" or "boss is shitty because I killed him on my first try".

Ogre is the the only one badly executed boss, because he's got utterly bad hit boxes.

But I'm glad you're so triggered that you feel the need to call out people by name who rate your posts negatively. Stay big mad, little man, lmao.

edit: complaining about Mist Noble also reaches new levels of autism, because it's clearly not designed as a regular mini boss, but as a trigger to unlock the rest of the area.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane

Nothing.

I struggled with other bosses and liked the fights a lot. Keep the ad hominems to the journalists trying to push for easy modes.

And the Blazing Bull.

And the Divine Dragon.

And the Mist Noble.

Anyway I do agree that Demon of Hatred is one of the better fights from the game but the way you dismiss any complains about the boss fights is edgy, boring and lame.

You and the other retard TheSentinel should fuck off to another thread and measure your penises with a magnifying glass cause that's a real challenge right there.
mist noble was a great fight.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Nothing.

And the Blazing Bull.

And the Divine Dragon.

And the Mist Noble.

mist noble was a great fight.

And climate change researches are still looking for anyone who died to the Mist Noble boss fight :)

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
But I'm glad you're so triggered that you feel the need to call out people by name who rate your posts negatively. Stay big mad, little man, lmao.

I'm not triggered you moron :)

It's just that your posts in this thread are predictable as fuck (a.k.a cancer souls fanboi) and basically you don't have anything interesting to say except parroting "git gud" in a different form.

Adon

Arcane
I had to google Mist Noble in order for me to remember who that was. Saw the name and thought for a second there was a boss that I missed. Nope, that fight is over in seconds and out your mind by the time you even reach Mibu Village.

Steezus

Savant
Patron

I'm not triggered you moron :)

It's just that your posts in this thread are predictable as fuck (a.k.a cancer souls fanboi) and basically you don't have anything interesting to say except parroting "git gud" in a different form.

1nhqil.jpg

Steezus

Savant
Patron

what? that thing is easier than some normal mobs, both times you fight it. Yeah youre a real champion.

I never said anything about the difficulty. I said it's a bad fight because the hitboxes are terrible.

But this just reinforces my argument that Codex is mostly incapable of discussing Sekiro or Souls because every criticism tends to boil down to "thing bad because easy!" or "thing bad because hard!".

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
But this just reinforces my argument that Codex is mostly incapable of discussing Sekiro or Souls because every criticism tends to boil down to "thing bad because easy!" or "thing bad because hard!".

That's not true. Plenty of praise from me and many others here to difficult bosses in Sekiro, Bloodborne,etc.

But if something bad designed is easy to overcome is not as annoying as if you have to waste some hours.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Weren't you the guy who complained that Demon of Hatred is terrible because his attacks are too sudden (nevermind the huge red kanji flashing in the middle of the screen) and that it's virtually impossible to dodge all his attacks (lmao)?

Cromwell

Arcane
I never said anything about the difficulty. I said it's a bad fight because the hitboxes are terrible.

I know what you meant but it doesnt matter. Why should I give a fuck about wonky hitboxes of an enemy I will just steamroll 99% of the time in less than a minute? Th fact that the fight against it is so easy compared to the rest negates the problems of his hitbox. On the other hand you have bosses where you have no such problems and they are still exhausting even if you do everything right, not to mention that they may fuck you over after you foguht them for what feels like 2 hours and make one mistake.

The latter is way worse for the player than the former and it takes a full blown autist to think the ogre is worse because technically the other encounters work as intended.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom