Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Is recommended POTD /w Scaling ALL ? RTWP?

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
For the first time, maybe if you are very in love with real time, go with that. Everyone basically says TB is better, but gets tedious at the end. Maybe wait for a balance patch before going TB.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Don't listen to any idiot that tells you to play real time. Turn based is better, although you might want to wait for the next patch.

Sizzle

Arcane
Regardless, some of the mechanics finally don't suck in TB. No more effects that last a whopping 2.12 seconds - now it's one round.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
village_idiot.gif

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Okay so how the fuck do I get through some of the fights on noob island on POTD + only upscale up. Do I hire 3 more adventurers or turn off only scale up or something.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
Yes.

Except you are only hiring 2 more adventurers as you want to recruit a companion in Port Maje as well. She is below the like center podium of the town.

Get yourself a druid especially as charm beasts really helps with the annoying dragon fight.

Also, please refer to it as RETARD Island and learn to hate it as you descend into an inevitable cascade of rerolling :)

Prime Junta

Okay so how the fuck do I get through some of the fights on noob island on POTD + only upscale up. Do I hire 3 more adventurers or turn off only scale up or something.

The drake fight is a bit of a bastard if you're not packing a druid. A wizard will help too. If you have neither, use your consumables. Traps work. Grenades work. Luring them next to the gunpowder barrels and blowing those up works. But it is one of the toughest fights in the entire game.

Efe

Erudite
its fun with a full party.
its horrible with only story companions (and a non druid or cipher)

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
I figured a broken tactic of running away with one character when team is about to die. You jebait the mobs away from their starting location, kill a few of the mobs, retreat one character far away when the rest of the party is about to die. The mobs kill your party but do not chase the last character, leading to battle ending. Everyone gets up and since the fight happens far enough from starting location, everyone is free to rest up. Is this intended?

I just killed the drake this way with minimal effort.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
You should play PotD if you think PotD is fun. Playing it for bragging rights is just dumb.

Bragging? Valid Strategy? What the fuck are you talking about. I am asking if this is a known bug. With all due respect it takes considerable effort to misinterpret my post this way. The mobs not chasing the last surviving member is a huge design flaw in AI. Key words were "broken tactic" and "is this intended?". Not "I am so good".

Last edited:

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
You should play PotD if you think PotD is fun. Playing it for bragging rights is just dumb.

Bragging? Valid Strategy? What the fuck are you talking about. I am asking if this is a known bug. With all due respect it takes considerable effort to misinterpret my post this way. The mobs not chasing the last surviving member is a huge design flaw in AI. Key words were "broken tactic" and "is this intended?". Not "I am so good".

Not a bug, sounds more like a 'fleeing' exploit, you can try playing with Berath's challenge enabled to avoid it

Last edited:

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron

Not a bug, sounds more like a 'fleeing' exploit, you can try playing with Berath's challenge enabled to avoid it

Oh word nice. Do I have to start new game to do that? :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom