Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - the Jeff Vogel Kickstarter

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I like the look. He's learnt that isometric is a fucking pain if you're going to do tiles and turn based movement

This jrpg style perspective is fugly compared to his earlier works. I sincerely don't know why he abandoned the style he improved since the first Avadon and Geneforge.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Of course the Steam page has bigger screenshots:

ss_73cdd3abcf802a004264c6c0f5f01a3f26281f7a.1920x1080.jpg

ss_753b959306aaf1178e4b4f14286027235cbe6866.1920x1080.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
It looks considerably worse than the Nethergate remake, let not us talk about the Geneforges.

NGateFaerieCastle.jpg

What the fuck, seriously. Someone who's not an expert on Vogel games would have problems to identify what game is 12 years older.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
No, this is what happened.

Everybody: Vogel, your graphics look fugly as hell, we want new ones

1aycme.jpg

Vogel: Wish granted my peeps. Hope you're happy.

Martyr

Arcane
movement and combat don't seem considerably different from any of the newer Vogel games.
the character portraits look like :prosper:.
the artstyle is ugly, gray and dull.
the building mechanics seem primitive.
the plot seems dull & derpy.
the music in the trailer is generic.

I'll pass.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He changed the camera angle and called it new? Did I miss something here? Kinda disappointed.

Last edited:

Ibbz

Augur

I'm curious to see how the sales for this are going to perform, can't imagine its going to bring in many new people / be better than the previous Avernum's sales with the new graphics style. Then again he has the kickstarter money so it probably doesn't really matter to him.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, its not just that the graphics are fugly, its that he kickstarted this game with the alleged purpose to offer an updated experience in a new engine and then he just prosperized his usual shit. Not only does it not look better, it looks worse, which is quite astounding. The perspective is strangely off and everythings at a weird angle. Well done.

Meanwhile, I had no issue at all with how Avernum looks, particularly with the neat little graphical patch some Codex user offered a while back. Jeff might as well just have continued in that style instead of coming up with this Escheresque nonsense.

All that being said, I'll probably eventually be getting around playing this anyway, as others have said, you are not into Spiderweb for the graphics. It still kinda pisses me off that thats how it turned out.

I am not saying its a scam .. I am just saying its certainly odd how this KS was managed. There were rarely even any updates if I remember correctly. I've been on-and-off playing Avernum for a long time now and I was really ready to throw Jeff some hard earned RPG bucks but when I saw that KS it was just
rating_prosper.png
. Infinitron is probably correct suggesting that the KS was never intended to improve the engine in any significant way and that it was really just a low-effort pre-order campaign.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The facial expressions of the party members are top.

unknown.png
"Please kill me"
unknown.png
"Please, just fucking end it now oh god please"
unknown.png
"DID I GRANT YOU PERMISSION TO LOOK AT ME??"
unknown.png
"I WANT TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER"
unknown.png
"How long do I have to stay in the office? 3 more hours? God this is so boring. I'm bored. I need some change in my life."
unknown.png
"This haircut was a terrible decision. Why can't I ever do aynthing without fucking it up? God I hate my life."

EDIT:
Oh and of course:
unknown.png
"Keep smiling. Hide the pain behind a broad, beaming smile. Like those customer service people. You want fries with that? Always smiling. Hide that you're dead inside."

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Now that I think about it, the "kill me now I'm tired of this life" facial expressions of the player party accurately reflect Vogel's personal attitude.

Maybe it's a subconscious cry for help.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Now that I think about it, the "kill me now I'm tired of this life" facial expressions of the player party accurately reflect Vogel's personal attitude.

Maybe it's a subconscious cry for help.
To me those facial expressions look more like "Are we at KFC yet?" and "Mellon!!!"

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/619141553/queens-wish-the-conqueror/posts/2493044

Queen's Wish April 2019 Update!
Posted by Spiderweb Software (Creator)

First off, the big news. We have officially announced Queen’s Wish: The Conqueror! The official game page is here ...

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/queenswish/index.html

and the Steam page is here …

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1058130/Queens_Wish_The_Conqueror/

You can see screenshots, the full trailer, and lots of other information about the game. Actually getting the trailer out and the web pages up are a big milestone, and we’re pretty thrilled.

In other news, we’re still writing the game. We just finished 6 of 8 sections, so the world should be done about a week into June. The Windows version will be done not long after that, and a lot of serious testing will happen all through this. (Backers who get access to the closed beta will hear from us then.)

We also have a list of the little things that need to happen. Things like in-game instructions, achievements, title and splash screen, that sort of thing. Whenever we find a spare hour, we tick one thing off that list. This is the stage where we remember all the things where we said, “Oh. We can do that later.” We have now reached “later.”

* Notes to Backers

One thing that needs doing is the game credits, which will list all of the backers who supported us at the “Be in the credits” levels. If you haven’t already been contacted by Kickstarter (because you backed us at an “Add something to the game” level), keep an eye on your email. We should ask you how you want to be in the credits soon.

So anyway, the game is on track. You should be seeing it out in the world for Windows/Mac for real in September or so. Back to work!

- Jeff Vogel

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ouf, the game really is butt-ugly. I'm saying that as someone who wasn't bothered by how his previous games looked like.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom