Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Microsoft want to get into PC gaming again

I wonder how they will try to neuter PC players in online multiplayer FPS. (Because you know they will try.)

They might limit mouse input to a degree. If you've used an XIM, even though it takes input from your mouse the camera movement is still somewhat restricted - you have a limit to how fast you can turn, and a limit to how quick and precise you csn make fine movements. I could see them trying to introduce that sort of limit to PC versions of games with cross-platform multiplayer, and then wondering why nobody plays the PC version.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I personally would like to experience both the exclusives (Otogi series by From Software for example) and the multiplatform titles (that performed better than on PS2/GameCube).

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Reminder that if you install Windows updates the day they come out you have only yourself to blame.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
This also means that jrpgs like Last Odyssey, Blue Dragon will be playable on PC and shitload of other games like Reddead Redemption who never had any release on PC.

One can only hope. We already know that older XBox games running on XBone are not really emulated as much as "updated" versions made to run on new hardware. There's no obstacle to them running on PC. Hell, they already did it.

Perkel

Arcane
This also means that jrpgs like Last Odyssey, Blue Dragon will be playable on PC and shitload of other games like Reddead Redemption who never had any release on PC.

One can only hope. We already know that older XBox games running on XBone are not really emulated as much as "updated" versions made to run on new hardware. There's no obstacle to them running on PC. Hell, they already did it.

They are emulated, there is no way around it because they all use original files.

Emulators have such problems with compt. and performance mainly because they are done by amateurs without access to full documentation.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
You'd have to admit that's a pretty good deal if you fancy trying any of the games. I've spoilered all the PC Game pass games below if anyone can't be arsed to trawl through their pretty terrible storefront filled with mobile shovelware.

Gone back and edited post as the list was horribly outdated.

Last edited:

Zibniyat

Arcane
So a subscription-based service that "allows" you to play any game for $10 per month, but naturally you own none of the games? Microsoft was always the decline-promoter, and I wish the entire company would collapse ASAP.

I'd give that a whirl if not for my backlog. Operencia and State of Decay 2 are things I'm definitely interested in and there are other odds and ends that I'd probably look at since they're available, but eh. And now that I look in to it a bit more it appears that State of Decay 2 might not be included with "Gamepass" and is only included with "Xbox Live gold", whatever that means. Even though this is arguably multiple games for a dollar I'm not as keen about it whereas buying odds and ends for $5 each on Steam at least means I can throw them on to the backlog pile and play them at my leisure rather than needing to get them done in that 3 month window. Still, does seem like a nice deal if there's stuff you really wanna play.

I did a month for a dollar back in February to play forza. Gears of War 4 got to a point where it would always crash and you need to rollback nvidia drivers in order to actually play it on a fucking 1080ti. Game wasn't exactly riveting to begin with. Mouse aiming and general movement was slop. I did want to get drunk and see some big budget graphics blow up in my face. I played a lot of forza but knew I didn't give a shit about any of it. Forza also had the smallest and lamest soundtrack choices. Why can't I use my own mp3s in a folder like I ought to be able to?

Codex Year of the Donut
https://www.microsoft.com/it-it/p/xbox-game-pass/CFQ7TTC0K6L8/0005?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Offer ends on May 13. Even if you are a PC player alone like me you can play games like Operencia Stolen Sun, We Happy Few, Gears of War 4, Halo Wars 1 and 2, Recore and others.
normal link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass/CFQ7TTC0K6L8/0005?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab
I think this is the list of games you'd actually be able to play on PC: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere?xr=shellnav
not sure

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
thanks, id rather use microsofts shit than epics... 1€ for Operencia.

Solid Snail

Learned
https://www.microsoft.com/it-it/p/xbox-game-pass/CFQ7TTC0K6L8/0005?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Offer ends on May 13. Even if you are a PC player alone like me you can play games like Operencia Stolen Sun, We Happy Few, Gears of War 4, Halo Wars 1 and 2, Recore and others.
normal link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass/CFQ7TTC0K6L8/0005?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab
I think this is the list of games you'd actually be able to play on PC: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere?xr=shellnav
not sure
It's not this one, this just lists every Play Anywhere title, but they are not all on Game Pass.
There's anoter list for Play Anywhere Game Pass titles but it's outdated.

Turjan

Arcane
I found this list: https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=986658

(Updated for April 2019)

Gears of War 4
Halo Wars 2
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
ReCore
Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection
Super Lucky's Tale
Sea of Thieves
State of Decay 2
Disneyland Adventures
Ruiner
Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure Achievements
Snake Pass
Forza Horizon 4
Hello Neighbor
ARK: Survival Evolved
We Happy Few
Crackdown 3: Campaign
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite

Operencia: The Stolen Sun is mentioned in a post further down.

I'm not sure whether I understood it correctly that you need an additional Gold subscription for some multiplayer features.

Solid Snail

Learned
I found this list: https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=986658

(Updated for April 2019)

Gears of War 4
Halo Wars 2
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
ReCore
Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection
Super Lucky's Tale
Sea of Thieves
State of Decay 2
Disneyland Adventures
Ruiner
Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure Achievements
Snake Pass
Forza Horizon 4
Hello Neighbor
ARK: Survival Evolved
We Happy Few
Crackdown 3: Campaign
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite

Operencia: The Stolen Sun is mentioned in a post further down.

I'm not sure whether I understood it correctly that you need an additional Gold subscription for some multiplayer features.
No, on PC you don't need Gold to play online.

GrainWetski

Arcane
So a subscription-based service that "allows" you to play any game for $10 per month, but naturally you own none of the games? Microsoft was always the decline-promoter, and I wish the entire company would collapse ASAP.
Retards truly think it's a good deal. As if anyone would run a service like this if it was a good deal for consumers.

It's the same retards that go on about how they get "free games from PS+" while paying monthly for it.

Solid Snail

Learned
What do you expect? This is a rental service, and I honestly think it's a good value for console owners. On Pc it isn't because there are just a bunch of games you can play, but on One the catalogue is massive with stuff like Monster Hunter. If you just sub when there are promo like this one you can literally play for months at the cost of a coffee. Yeah, you don't own games, but it's not that you WANT to buy every single game released, there's stuff you only want to play out of curiosity.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
Retards truly think it's a good deal. As if anyone would run a service like this if it was a good deal for consumers.

It's the same retards that go on about how they get "free games from PS+" while paying monthly for it.
I don't expect that I like any of the games on the list that much that I would play them for more than those three months you get for $1 here. I don't replay most games anyway. That's the only reason why I consider this. The amount of money I'd waste here is rather limited, even if I happen to not like any of the games on offer.

If the deal were different, like a one-year forced membership with just the first quarter at $1, it obviously wouldn't be worth it for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom