Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Paradox announce Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 with Brian Mitsoda onboard as narrative lead

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
About the only good thing to come out of this is Brian having a stable job in the industry again.
I don’t think that whole Double Bear thing turned out too well.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mitsoda from Eurogamer:
"We identified what we needed to do, things we really needed to improve. Obviously combat was one of the things from the first one that was really not very good. But also the tone of the game - it's 2019 now. We have to update the tone, we're not going to make a 2004 game in 2019, we're going to approach subjects a little differently and with a lot more research and respect than was done back then."

This right there tells me everything I need to know about this game... :negative:

But you'll pre-order the boxed and signed copy anyway....

:smug:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why a "cinematic announcement trailer"?
Why not combined wih a gameplay trailer?
Are they hiding something?
This is how it's been done for years. Journalists get early access to the hands-off gameplay demo so they can share their written interpretation of it for clicks.

Fairfax

Arcane
Why a "cinematic announcement trailer"?
Why not combined wih a gameplay trailer?
Are they hiding something?
This is how it's been done for years. Journalists get early access to the hands-off gameplay demo so they can share their written interpretation of it for clicks.
It's a dated approach, however. Big publishers now use focus groups and testers for NDA'd feedback, and then (often paid) streamers, youtubers, and press for exposure. They still do demos like that for the press when it's convenient, but paying for that whole event just to announce the game and have press 'previews' with no pics/footage was a waste. It's fun for attendees and makes Paradox seem more prestigious, but that's also a tacky thing from a decade ago. I suppose it's fitting for a company that buys views for their trailers. :M

Diggfinger

Arcane
Brian Mitsoda might appear on Matt Chat in the near future. Here are the words from the man himself:
"So this was the reason I couldn't do Matt Chat previously, but let me ask Paradox marketing if they are cool with this right now. If they aren't, I can make sure it happens when I can more freely talk about the ins and outs of BL2"

Kz3r0

Arcane
Quite a few brand new FPP/RPGs to look forward in the coming months/years: Cyberpunk 2077, The Outer Worlds, and now VtM - Bloodlines 2. :shittydog:

(Does Dying Light 2 counts? :M)
Funnily enough VTMB2 and DL2 look very similar, probably Cy2077 and OW will be more distinct.

Vatnik Wumao
SJW politics have no place in Bloodlines. Jack in the tutorial compares humans to cows and steak. If you talk to him later at the bar he just says that vampires have too many problems of their own to be concerned with human issues. Is this someone who cares about which direction you punch?

slowtard

Educated
I get it.

No one will know game writers are Good People unless they demonstrate real-world morality in their fiction, because purpose of contemporary fiction is to shape the morality of readers. Besides, painting by intersectional numbers is much easier than figuring out what makes a character seem natural and real. Readers will extend their sympathy to such characters automatically — unearned by effort or talent on part of game writers — or else readers could be Bad People.

So, hopefully this will be a game that shows us the manifest ways how all vampires suffer from PTSD, because anything less would be misleading and unrepresentative of the lived experience shared by all victims of violence, an experience that each of them expresses in his, her, or their own unique way.

Vampires is the perfect opportunity to use allegory to explicate the means and process by which victims of abuse can become perpetrators of the same.

:hero:

Gold star with rainbows, y'all.
Slowtard out.

Last edited:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I'm not sure about SJW amount here. CK2 is a fine eugenics simulator. You don't do a U-turn like that with the same staff. Then again I'm not very optimistic given how many things can go horribly wrong.

Infantry

Educated
Playing Ventrue will be difficult...too many bums in Seattle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom