Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Slicin' limbs in Severance blade of Darkness

deama

Prophet
Oy lads one question. I'm in dwarven mines and I finally collected all three games. Problem is when I put last one (blue) in socket cutscene should start but nothing happens camera only shows one frame and nothing else.
That's a bug that happened to me too when I was playing it, I forgot what you need to do to fix it though.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Try and master dodging with the barbarian between special attacks. I can remember some epic moments with the flame sword and the shark sword - you can slice up the ogres and golems pretty quick once mastered. The elemental weapons seemed to be tailored to that playstyle aswell. Also avoid a mod on moddb that enhanced the graphics - it was a bloom effects one - it destroyed x2 of my vid cards, and damaged my monitor.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
the flame sword

That weapon is stupidly weak. I was pretty excited when I managed to find it, only to be really disappointed when I realized she was weaker than a sword I had picked up some 3/4 levels before.

Also avoid a mod on moddb that enhanced the graphics - it was a bloom effects one - it destroyed x2 of my vid cards, and damaged my monitor.

You mean this one:

I only played the demo like 20 years ago. I remember it being absolutely gorgeous, especially with the shadows. My friends and I would all cringe with glee at the squishy sounds of dismemberment. One of my preferred strategies was to sheath the heaviest weapon I could find, then rush up to an enemy and quick-draw them in half like some Bushido samurai move. I also got good enough at tossing the short sword to swipe an enemies head off at range. Good times. I downloaded this a few years ago, but didn't put in the effort to overcome the graphical problems on my modern machine. This thread makes me want to try again.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Not to disparage the modder, but just be careful with that mod. I had my 500mb Geforce card (running NWN) installed when I tried it, and it overheated the card and screwed the solder - so I assumed the card was getting old, and loaded up my amd580 - and it did the same to that. Since then my monitor has also been playing up with flickering red screens until it warms up; all from that mod.

But yeah, play about with the flame sword a bit - if you can get every special attack to hit, it can wipe out some enemies in one go.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I tried it a little yesterday, but the tank controls :negative:... I mean the combat looked cool, chopping off body part is fun, but exploration like this, it's really hard.

Is there an alternate control scheme allowing to strafe left-right outside of combat?

Even then I think I'll retry to get into it.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Persevere and the controls'll become second nature in no time, however if you can't get past em for some reason then try Rune instead, sounds like what you're looking for.

Zerth

Arbiter
I remember fighting him over and over until I managed to beat him without breaking the shield. All that effort for naught, because soon after I restarted the game as barbarian out of a whim.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom