Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Gerrard

Arcane
In 3 weeks they went from 111K to 49K
In Betrayal they went from 123K to 52K in 6 weeks
:hero:
But hey, at least those streamers are having a good time, right?

T. Reich

Arcane

Streamers are doing their job and are getting paid for it. You may not like your job at times (or at all), but you gotta pay your bills.

PoE is an excellent "work" game, but it's currently a really, really bad "relaxation" game.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I got to 88 and burned out a little. Also prefer to not engage with most new content, except Delve.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
60 hours? You can finish main story and get to the maps in 2 evenings. In 1, if you know what you are doing.
It usually takes me around 12 hours with the first character in the league (that's including various optional stuff, like engaging with the league mechanics before maps, lab, trying to make some currency). Think my record is 8 hours when rushing (with currency backing it up). Could probably go faster, but I think I'm fairly close to as fast I can go and still have fun(and not spending several exalts on perfect leveling gear). Iirc 'pro' fast leveling generally involves more running, and then replaying particular parts multiple times.

That's still a couple of hours, and probably the reason I don't run more than one or two characters per league these days.

User was nabbed fit

Completed all end game content on my Bane/Soulrend build, bit burned out now.

It was nice to pick it up after a few years' break, might take another break or just play very sporadically. Either way they got two supporter packs out of me, so they earned their money and I got my entertainment. Best deal.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Only fun things for me is mapping, delving and incursions. While mapping I don't get enough maps or run into Alva or Niko often enough. As a result I cannot use Delve and Temple to get more maps so I can progress on Atlas.
After all this time and playing every day for few hours since release I am still at t12/t13 maps and my Delve is only at lvl 78 mobs.

I tried to engage Nexus more after the big patch and I got a few useful maps there but nothing I consider good for the time invested into it.

Last edited:

GreyViper

Prophet
The new POE difficulty curve is way different from old. I think when I started seriously play around Invasion season on hardcore, the difficulty spike really could be seen. Like getting cold resist before Mervil fight or just dying random invader in the first few maps.

GrainWetski

Arcane
The new POE difficulty curve is way different from old. I think when I started seriously play around Invasion season on hardcore, the difficulty spike really could be seen. Like getting cold resist before Mervil fight or just dying random invader in the first few maps.
The old difficulty was literally everything being able to one shot you. Rhoas were a fucking menace. They'd kill you with that charge.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The old difficulty was literally everything being able to one shot you. Rhoas were a fucking menace. They'd kill you with that charge.
Main reason we died then was not rhoas but desync.

GreyViper

Prophet
Main reason we died then was not rhoas but desync.
Well not the Roha, it was desync when loading into a new map and lo behold invader boss was near the spawn point. When you finished loading you were greeted by the death screen 2 bad off to normal you go. I think the teleporting spider boss and the bird boss were my most cause of death. I think the most amusing was when one of them spawned into fore or was into Brutus chamber, so double boss fight. But right now the maps seem to be where the difficulty comes in.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
fckn game is making ma brain melt.

so i have an Elder Ring with "+ 12 Life gained on hit by your attacks", which i need as a layer of defense.
once i equip this ring tho, ALL MY MINIONS (Herald of Agony, PurityBros and Spectral Wolf) get the stat "Minions gain 12 life for each enemy they hit" on tooltip.
why is that?

edit:
does your Guild have active STD players? if so, invite me. i often have stuff i am too lazy to sell (maps ect) that i would love to give to you. no penny stocks, t11 maps, 5c items ect

Ensi

Educated
I've been playing more than ever before, probably just procrastinating writing some papers. Made it to level 91 as a divine ire inquisitor. Pretty good damage but I die a decent bit, using EB + MoM. Have managed to find a couple 2-3 ex worthy items, so I've sold shit like that and bought some decent gear. Would be nice to get a good shaped sceptre, but one that's better than my current dagger would cost me at least 3-4ex, ain't got that kinda shit. Probably need to focus more on defense anyway at this point though!

Running hatred + herald of ash + herald of ice. EB is pretty fun when you're an inquisitor and have permanent consecrated ground with 200 base ES regen!

Speaking of divine ire, got my hiero to 91 as well. Probs the wonkiest, cheapest yet effective character I had in a while. Took me a moment to get around the charging time and overall squishiness, but that shit melts everything on shoestring budget (I got to 90 with combined items cost about 40c, 30 of which were essence worm and 5L soul mantle). Reflect is mildly irritating and no regen maps are a pain in the ass, but it's pretty much 'all content' viable build with some decent potential in terms of scaling.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I got to 93 using Fireball ignite Trickster, MoM and Acrobatics for defense. It was also pretty cheap, most expensive item was 40c for +2 to gems tabula.
Then I switched my main skill and respeced lots of skill points into Winter Orb Trickster, using MoM, EB and Acrobatics. Now I am more than half way to 95, I die very rarely.

Gerrard

Arcane

Streamers are doing their job and are getting paid for it. You may not like your job at times (or at all), but you gotta pay your bills.

PoE is an excellent "work" game, but it's currently a really, really bad "relaxation" game.
Actually, seeing how most big PoE streamers have been playing Grim Dawn and/or Sekiro instead recently, I guess it's not fun for them either.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

To Be Played ... Forever
Thanks Kripp

Damn. I started playing PoE just when it became mainstream (essence league).

The numbers for the different leagues are pretty interesting to me. Looks like breach, betrayal and incursion are the clear standouts (esp betrayal for some inexplicable reason).

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The numbers for the different leagues are pretty interesting to me. Looks like breach, betrayal and incursion are the clear standouts (esp betrayal for some inexplicable reason).
I'd say most of these are a reflection of how well received the previous league was. Betrayal started out incredibly high due to Delve being very popular, and the failed Diablo: Immortal announcement that happened a few weeks earlier.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I'd say most of these are a reflection of how well received the previous league was. Betrayal started out incredibly high due to Delve being very popular, and the failed Diablo: Immortal announcement that happened a few weeks earlier.
He says they tracked the diablo immortal people though (it's easy for GGG to keep track of returning players vs new players), and while it helped, it was not significant.

All of it is weird to me though, I didn't particularly like delve or betrayal.

T. Reich

Arcane
Pesonally, I didn't like Delve all that much, but I readily admit that the concept was top-notch and it was widelyappreciated by the majority of the playerbase.
Betrayal, I think, is an awesome concept overall, with lather lacklustre implementation (symptomatic of a lot of GGG's content, really). They did fix a good deal of shittiness by the latter part of the league. But its "integration" into the main game as of Synthesis was, IMO, two steps back - it's disgusting how they managed to break whatever was working fine, didn't address at all what was still unfixed, and the "rebalancing" of various values had been done horribly.

I'd agree with Saark that PoE's current growth rides heavily on the popularity of the past leagues.
In terms of market saturation curve, PoE is still squarely in its growth phase. There's plenty of ARPG lovers (or people who fancy themselves that) who haven't tried PoE yet. It's a snowball effect so far - every league attracts more players, because previous league attracted a lot of new players who are starry-eyed and are eager to preach the wonders of PoE to others.
D:I is most definitely a factor in that, but it's rather delayed in its effect, I think. It takes people time to realise that Blizzard DGAF about ARPGs anymore. D3 has been bleeding players into PoE for a long time, but it's far from being a dead game. There's plenty of market growth for PoE at expense of D3's playerbase.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom