Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - action adventure from Respawn Entertainment

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
They didn't open pre orders at least before showing gameplay like vtmb2 did.

:M https://www.origin.com/store/star-wars/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order

A galaxy-spanning adventure awaits in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™, a new third-person action-adventure title from Respawn Entertainment. This narratively driven, single-player game puts you in the role of a Jedi Padawan who narrowly escaped the purge of Order 66 following the events of Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. On a quest to rebuild the Jedi Order, you must pick up the pieces of your shattered past to complete your training, develop new powerful Force abilities and master the art of the iconic lightsaber - all while staying one step ahead of the Empire and its deadly Inquisitors.

While mastering your abilities, players will engage in cinematically charged lightsaber and Force combat designed to deliver the kind of intense Star Wars lightsaber battles as seen in the films. Players will need to approach enemies strategically, sizing up strengths and weaknesses while cleverly utilizing your Jedi training to overcome your opponents and solve the mysteries that lay in your path.

Star Wars fans will recognize iconic locations, weapons, gear and enemies while also meeting a roster of fresh characters, locations, creatures, droids and adversaries new to Star Wars. As part of this authentic Star Wars story, fans will delve into a galaxy recently seized by the Empire. As a Jedi hero-turned-fugitive, players will need to fight for survival while exploring the mysteries of a long-extinct civilization all in an effort to rebuild the remnants of the Jedi Order as the Empire seeks to erase the Jedi completely.

Pre-order Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order to outfit yourself with unique cosmetic equipment for your lightsaber and droid companion.

DELUXE EDITION PRE-ORDER OFFER

Get the story behind the game when you pre-order the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Deluxe Edition, featuring a "Director's Cut" suite of behind-the-scenes features and content as well as additional unique cosmetic equipment for your adventure. You will also receive all of the pre-order bonus content.

KEY FEATURES

● Cinematic, Immersive Combat – Jedi: Fallen Order delivers the fantasy of becoming a Jedi through its innovative lightsaber combat system–striking, parrying, dodging–partnered with a suite of powerful Force abilities you’ll need to leverage to overcome obstacles that stand in your way. This combat system is intuitive but takes training and practice to fully master its nuances as you gain new powers and abilities along your adventure.

● A New Jedi Story Begins - As a former Padawan on the run from the Empire, you must complete your training before Imperial Inquisitors discover your plan to revive the Jedi Order. Aided by a former Jedi Knight, a cantankerous pilot and a fearless droid, you must escape the evil machinations of the Empire in a story-driven adventure. Explore and overcome a wide range of challenges focused on combat, exploration and puzzle-solving.

● The Galaxy Awaits - Ancient forests, windswept rock faces and haunted jungles are all unique biomes you’ll explore in Jedi: Fallen Order, with the freedom to decide when and where you go next. As you unlock new powers and abilities, opportunities open up to re-traverse maps in new ways; leveraging the Force to augment the way you explore. Move quickly, however, as the Empire is actively hunting your every step in their effort to exterminate all remnants of the Jedi Order.

Dodo1610

Arcane
KEY FEATURES

● Cinematic, Immersive Combat – Jedi: Fallen Order delivers the fantasy of becoming a Jedi through its innovative lightsaber combat system–striking, parrying, dodging–partnered with a suite of powerful Force abilities you’ll need to leverage to overcome obstacles that stand in your way. This combat system is intuitive but takes training and practice to fully master its nuances as you gain new powers and abilities along your adventure.

● A New Jedi Story Begins - As a former Padawan on the run from the Empire, you must complete your training before Imperial Inquisitors discover your plan to revive the Jedi Order. Aided by a former Jedi Knight, a cantankerous pilot and a fearless droid, you must escape the evil machinations of the Empire in a story-driven adventure. Explore and overcome a wide range of challenges focused on combat, exploration and puzzle-solving.

● The Galaxy Awaits - Ancient forests, windswept rock faces and haunted jungles are all unique biomes you’ll explore in Jedi: Fallen Order, with the freedom to decide when and where you go next. As you unlock new powers and abilities, opportunities open up to re-traverse maps in new ways; leveraging the Force to augment the way you explore. Move quickly, however, as the Empire is actively hunting your every step in their effort to exterminate all remnants of the Jedi Order.

So it's Assassin's Creed with Jedis? They even mention puzzles, in an EA game. I always liked Action Adventures, sadly most good games of this genre have been console exclusives in the last years.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
When I saw that the protagonist was a white man I felt a spark of hope, but then this appeared:

aawu3k.png

Well, there's any shred of excitement gone.

Shadenuat

Arcane
hmm. "whatever" interest rating changed to "should check out playthroughs on youtube when it comes out" maybe. AAA nature still is a big turnoff tho. putting word "puzzles" into your (b)aaa game preview is bold indeed.

i love how retardera is butthurt about generic white male protagonist :lol: best heroes were always normal dudes like Kyle Katarn, Arthur Morgan, Kazuma Kiryu, Max Payne, Ezio etc.
Instead of wasting time on making special snowflake protag to appease SJW crowd write him to be believable and leave politics agenda for fucking internet forums.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Usually "story focused" would turn me right off, but for Star Wars I'm more open to it. Will depend on gameplay obviously, which we know nothing about yet. Not a huge fan of third-person but whatever, I use it when I have to.

This is a totally organic developed game, don't focus on the fact that it conveniently releases at nearly the same time Episode IX is. Now give us your money you dumb fat man-child worm.

aeroaeko

Learned
I have to admit i was at least a little curious about the game when it was announced especially because of CA writing something for it. But now I literally don't care at all. If it were KOTOR 3 then maybe but everything we heard is just so fucking boring

Gerrard

Arcane
>emo kid
Oh look, I was 66% right. The only thing I was wrong on was
>white male MC
Hear that? It's as if a million voices suddenly cried out REEEEEEEEEEEE

Wunderbar

Arcane
Looks generic.
Even the trailer music is more reminiscent of some avengers crap rather than John Williams' motifs.

cosmicray

Savant
Of course. But I can't get excited anymore about games/movies set around these events. Although, I wouldn't mind a game with "young" Darth Vader wiping the galaxy of last remaining jedi.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cinematically-charged :lol:

2000s-era single player linear cinematic story-driven action games are now so rare that their terminology is being thrown around like a nostalgic buzzword. It's like how an RPG Kickstarter back in 2012 would keep finding excuses to mention that it's turn-based.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom