Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware System Shock 3 by OtherSide Entertainment - taken over by Tencent!

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
Thanks. Another parallel universe. Seems like the only places where an objective discussion is taking place is the Steam Forum and the rpgCodex.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
They already are. Discord, Reddit and dev forums are always full of people who dutifully extol the developers and their games. Negativity will get you banned for trolling.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aROw2L

sFm4G28.jpg

Cortex Reaver

My contribution to System Shock 3
I was responsible for the high-res modeling
Great concept art by Daniel Hahn

Katana1000S

Angrier OtherSide Refugee
They said game was more than halfway finished months ago, and this is all we get, some artist conception screens that even i could do better.

Born liars, jail them, lock them up, make an example of them.

Now where is my pitchfork ... seriously though, why are these dumb ass's even allowed to spend money ruining yet another treasured franchise?

This is borderline fraud.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Warren Spector's talk at Reboot conference (which may be a part of the quest for the publisher I assume): http://www.rebootdevelopblue.com/schedule.pdf

(GMT+2)

SATURDAY 13.4.2019
12:30 - 13:30

Warren Spector, OtherSide Entertainment
Stay On Target: Game Goals and the Definition(s) of Success

Seems like the same subject he's been talked about last few years. I guess that GI (media partner) mark means this talk will be recorded or livestreamed.

gBblzVA.jpg

:troll:

No, it's part of that same statement he will stop making games entirely if he can't make games with criteria like these:

lBrRci3.jpg

Also in the same vein:

XFtRIvd.jpg

(These rules were detailed here.)

Yeah, it's more or less the same talk.

Live tweet summary:

What the fuck is that

This. You become one of those when you die in System Shock 1.

Not sure about the connection to System Shock 3 though, they weren't around in System Shock 2. Perhaps Shodan is reusing some old designs, for nostalgia's sake :-P.
I'm going to give Otherside some possibly undue credit. This design might be a throwback because Shodan created the Many and it rebelled against her. So she's going back to full machines because (like most women) she doesn't want to deal with something organic and inherently uncontrollable. That would be my thought if I was a decent writer who wanted my villain to undergo character development and learn from their mistakes. This is a dangerous assumption on my part considering Otherside's other work.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I don't think they've ever confirmed specific consoles to release. It's been just "PC and consoles" from the initial publisher press release. (I thought that ambiguity comes from the fact they were not sure the next generation will be a thing when this game comes out in, like 2020.)

Glic2000

Educated
When they start to run low on money they'll just turn it into a very linear first person shooter.

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
SS3 is not going to be completed, neither as the game envisioned nor as a watered-down FPS.

OS has no publisher for this game and has to pay back $7 million to Starbreeze.

Even if they have a path to making a linear FPS by spending just another $1-2 million (I doubt it), it wouldn't be possible because they have to refund Starbreeze.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom