Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Are there any guyz who quit gaming entirely?

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Hell, you can purity spiral into oblivion until anything but 19 hour days of meditation is fucking degenerate.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
in heaven
:nocountryforshitposters:
He was an atheist and a fucking liberal!

I play games because i have nothing better to do,to kill boredom. I didn't play any when something comes up and have no time or access to a pc for month or two. As a whole i have no intention of really stopping it,tho the publishing companies might disagree with me.
Does God give a shit if you are an atheist or a liberal, assuming you are a good human being otherwise?

If your answer is yes, you have consistency problem with your God. If your answer is no, then ok that might be possible.

Totalbiscuit, if there is an afterlife, is burning and it had nothing to do with atheism.

I quit playing games this week. I will probably quit quitting once I get out of this southern shithole I'm in all week. Nobody likes a quitter.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
in heaven

I play games because i have nothing better to do,to kill boredom. I didn't play any when something comes up and have no time or access to a pc for month or two. As a whole i have no intention of really stopping it,tho the publishing companies might disagree with me.
Does God give a shit if you are an atheist or a liberal, assuming you are a good human being otherwise?

If your answer is yes, you have consistency problem with your God. If your answer is no, then ok that might be possible.

Totalbiscuit, if there is an afterlife, is burning and it had nothing to do with atheism.

I quit playing games this week. I will probably quit quitting once I get out of this southern shithole I'm in all week. Nobody likes a quitter.
God is alt-right.

majorsoccer

Prospernaut
Shitposter
in heaven

God is alt-right.

We are all humans !

attachment.php

926117-30d62da4-badc-11e3-a264-cacd3e0700b0.jpg

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Games can be a black hole for your time. I find it infinitely easier to quit reading to do something rather than stopping a play session. Although the addiction problem mostly applies to online games. Nevertheless I don't think it is fair to say that games are just like any other hobby. For some people they can and do consume more time unintentionally.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Games can be a black hole for your time. I find it infinitely easier to quit reading to do something rather than stopping a play session. Although the addiction problem mostly applies to online games. Nevertheless I don't think it is fair to say that games are just like any other hobby. For some people they can and do consume more time unintentionally.

Online games developed to be as addicting as possible on purpose are kind of their own animal. We can't condemn all of gaming for that, just like you can't condemn all food for Twinkies and other bullshit.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
in heaven

Who knows what god is doing,thinking or how he judges people. Atheists are sinners tho,most of them have been baptised and they decided to go atheists and mock god and the fate,it is a betrayal and there is a whole circle in hell for such people.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sure, if you are so weak willed that you can't control your gaming, maybe you should think about taking a break. But after a certain age, when you have other responsibilities, finding some time to game is more of a problem than having too much time. When you are working from 9-17, plus you have to deal with a lot of bullshit everywhere, having 30-60 minutes of gaming, where you can turn off the world around you is a blessing.

Self-Ejected

Circuit the Short

Self-Ejected
The worst cancer of gaming is grandstrategy/4x stuff, men. When I play rpgs or action games my playtime is around 5-10 hours per week, but if I get hooked into a strategy game it's a blackhole for my time. Just lost 40+ hours of life in two weeks when I discovered dominions last winter, same for endless legend a month ago.

Mustawd

Nevertheless I don't think it is fair to say that games are just like any other hobby. For some people they can and do consume more time unintentionally.

I think the biggest problem with a hobby like gaming is that sone people use it as escapism from IRL issues or as a way to replace real world social connections for online ones.

Escapism is fine, but when you find yourself avoiding other aspects of life because all you do is escape into video games then that can become problematic. And this isn’t limited to video games of course.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
in heaven

Who knows what god is doing,thinking or how he judges people. Atheists are sinners tho,most of them have been baptised and they decided to go atheists and mock god and the fate,it is a betrayal and there is a whole circle in hell for such people.
Are you cereal? Müsli?

I was baptised against my will, and then the savages cut off my foreskin to add injury to insult.

Fuck your religion, bro. There may be a God following the second conditional I provided, but any biblical deity is a GOD DAMNED joke.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
in heaven

Are you cereal? Müsli?

I was baptised against my will, and then the savages cut off my foreskin to add injury to insult.

Fuck your religion, bro. There may be a God following the second conditional I provided, but any biblical deity is a GOD DAMNED joke.
Meh,i don't really care about your butthurt mate,most likely will burn in hell,with or without bitchfits. Such is life,shit happens. Also children that haven't been "baptised" in their religion end up even more fucked than you. Haven't you played withcher3? Also i still have my foreskin,tough luck being born in murica or the arab part of the world :smug:. This part i do agree is stupid.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
Yeah I get mad about other people having belief systems I find obvious logical fault with.

So, bitchfit eh? Better than calling me bitchtits I guess, which is what I read at first and laughed a little.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah I get mad about other people having belief systems I find obvious logical fault with.

So, bitchfit eh? Better than calling me bitchtits I guess, which is what I read at first and laughed a little.
I see that there is a progress,now go proclaim yourself to Jesus in the nearest church and go fight for your soul!

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected

I see that there is a progress,now go proclaim yourself to Jesus in the nearest church and go fight for your soul!
You fucker, I snorted my margarita. With salt.

:love:

My grand plan is to not commit suicide, ensuring that I get to fight the final boss, (((OldJewGod/NewCuckGod/Harambe))) in the RPG that is my life.

At level 46 now, no idea what the goddamned cap is and I'm fucking bored with this shit. But if I get to fight xxxGodxxx I'm going to absolutely kick his teeth in.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

You fucker, I snorted my margarita. With salt.

:love:

My grand plan is to not commit suicide, ensuring that I get to fight the final boss, (((OldJewGod/NewCuckGod/Harambe))) in the RPG that is my life.

At level 46 now, no idea what the goddamned cap is and I'm fucking bored with this shit. But if I get to fight xxxGodxxx I'm going to absolutely kick his teeth in.
Watch it mate,he have ultimate power of burning your PC at the worst possible moment!

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
I'm considering my options. After gaming for around 30 years, the spark's just not there much any more. 'Sides, that the time isn't either. Life intrudes and beats the shit out of you as you get older. I used to try to spend 2-4 hours a day playing games in my teens and 20s. Now I'm lucky to get that per week. Kinda hard to have a passion for something you get so little time with, but then again, it makes what time you do get matter that much more.

So no divorce yet. I just think maybe we should try seeing other hobbies.

I think I've finally manage to reduce my gaming needs to three games:

1. MK11 (PC)
2. MK: Deadlly Alliance (Xbox)
3. Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Xbox)

All of them just plug'n'play stuff, play 30 min and that's all. No grinding, no repeating boring shit to reach progress, no retared 'gameplay is shit but it worth for story' nonsense, no 'once you reach 30h the gaem will pays off' etc. Just like in early Famicon/NES days.

Dunno why but dropping gaming feels fucking relieving.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't follow the entire Bible literally. or religion for that matter. I just know God and his unconditional love.
He loves you unconditionally, unless you say he doesn't exist (which he totally set up the entire universe to look like).

Then you will be tortured forever.

Because love :love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom