Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Paul_cz

Arcane
Interview with Martin Frývaldský, he finally "pretty much" confirmed that the budget was around 400 million CZK, e.g. 15 million euros, exactly what I assumed.
US and Germany count 45% of copies sold between them. 7% China, Russia, Czechland 3%.

LOLz at the questions

Q: "Weren't your sales hurt by the lack of black people, maybe if you would set the game in more multicultural environment wouldn't your sales be even been higher?"

A: "We don't think they would (laughs)"

Q: "Have you considered making your next game set in more multicultural environment so it can appeal to even more people?"

A: "I don't think the multiculture is something that apriori is what appeals to people, I think what is actually important is the attractiveness of the story the game tells, the main protagonist's motivation being understandable, his skin color is not important. We respect the historical authenticity of where the game takes place and that's how we will proceed further."

https://plus.rozhlas.cz/realisticno...i-sef-tvurcu-uspesne-hry-kingdom-come-7804821

Also, the moderator calls kickstarter "Startkicker" which is hilarious

SlamDunk

Arcane
Q: "Weren't your sales hurt by the lack of black people, maybe if you would set the game in more multicultural environment wouldn't your sales be even been higher?"
Q: "Have you considered making your next game set in more multicultural environment so it can appeal to even more people?"
The brainwashing is strong with this one.

Arulan

Cipher
If the sequel is set around Prague, I think diversity of cultures should be an important theme given the historical relevance. Specifically (as far as my understanding) that of Italians, Jews, and Romani.

Paul_cz

Arcane
The brainwashing is strong with this one.
Tbh from the interview audio to me it seemed more like the moderator heard about the nontroversy and wanted to be a bit trollish, he didn't really sound like he wanted them to make the game that way.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Got a new PC and couldn't resist the urge to buy this one anymore. The idea of starting as a noodle armed peasant who can't read gets me rock hard.

Funposter

Arcane
where is the modding support? still waiting for it.
Roadmap said it's coming after this last DLC (A Woman's Lot).

I am going to state for the 917th time that they have absolutely bungled the mod support for this game. If it had launched with mod support when over 90,000 people were playing it concurrently, the game would have been even more successful than it was. Instead, you're now releasing mods to a dedicated community of 3,500 people. I'm sure that the announcement will create interest in the game againa nd bring back some old players, but they failed to strike while the iron was hot. Mod Tools > DLC.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Actually piracy has proven more than once that it's better at preserving games.
Oh I agree completely, peer-to-peer networks are by far the best method of archival anyone has ever come up with, it's just better and easier if Warhorse put a clean release on their own site considering how when it comes to slightly rarer data it can die pretty fast due to a lack of seeders.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It should still be available on some torrent sites. Wish they just made that demo free on their own site instead so it's preserved.
Actually piracy has proven more than once that it's better at preserving games.
I was thinking the same just yesterday - what would happen if I want to stroll down Sapienza again in 10 years and there is no more Steam?

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Well, you could. That game has a offline mode and is still pirateable, but via legitimate means if Steam dies and IOI goes bankrupt I imagine someone else would buy out the IP and sell it on another storefront, but I agree with the sentiment regardless.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I think of all the available storefronts/platforms, Steam is the one least likely to go down anytime soon. But yeah, having torrents as backup is useful in any case.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
where is the modding support? still waiting for it.
Roadmap said it's coming after this last DLC (A Woman's Lot).

I am going to state for the 917th time that they have absolutely bungled the mod support for this game. If it had launched with mod support when over 90,000 people were playing it concurrently, the game would have been even more successful than it was. Instead, you're now releasing mods to a dedicated community of 3,500 people. I'm sure that the announcement will create interest in the game againa nd bring back some old players, but they failed to strike while the iron was hot. Mod Tools > DLC.
Mod support is incredibly hard. It's not just about releasing the tools but about the architecture of the entire technology.

SlamDunk

Arcane
9mkkzya7gwt21.jpg

What really frustrated me while playing hardcore mode was that even random drunken peasants that ambush you on the road answered with perfect blocks and mostly masterstrikes even when my skill with the weapon and warfare was about 15ish. Every fucking peasant had the skills and reflexes of a seasoned soldier, everyone in that world but Henry had gone through months of training with sir Robard or whatever he was called. What's the point of learning combos if every time you strike first it gets countered by masterstrike.

Lambach

Arcane
once learnt and mastered(by hitting those rabbits) its superior to everything

It's pretty good even with a mediocre skill in it. I've noticed enemies will rarely rush you while you're drawing a bow, so if you keep going backwards while drawing, you can easily put an arrow or two into the nearest enemy, run away a little bit, rinse and repeat. It's a pretty great way to take out the more dangerous (i.e. heavily armored) enemies even early on, provided you have the patience to keep it up because you're gonna need a lot of successful shots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom