Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Drakensang: the Dark Eye

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 68: Return of the King

The Grolm king pops up as soon as the party steps on the stairs.

yyYCwS6.jpg

6hvHydF.jpg

The Grolm king spawns crystals that spawn endless Grolm ghosts.

wDhcKLI.jpg

l9yZVOE.jpg

The party thus ascends the stairs to the carbuncle stone, destroying crystals and Grolm ghosts along the way.

fdj7Eab.jpg

jBfGvGP.jpg

kzrG5G3.jpg

RgcfiL3.jpg

Here and there are trapped switches to build bridges.

fkd22n9.jpg

sgo4Rbf.jpg

gP1Yykj.jpg

AtAHB6u.jpg

3kB9WGc.jpg

Eventually the party reaches the end and a fight with Grolm king ensues.

J5xFUjo.jpg

RVoxWaZ.jpg

The Grolm king casts annoying spells like Corpofrigo, Plumbumbarum… and Ignisphaero. Ignisphaero takes a while to cast and can be interrupted but spells like Guardianum are a big help here.

kR1qVpw.jpg

bebQ7up.jpg

The prick goes down eventually.

hAT9KQc.jpg

zhYdKPH.jpg

KEkgFlk.jpg

Martin goes to pluck the carbuncle stone but… there is a barrier.

XRxqNz2.jpg

WgVAt7R.jpg

I2cjiaI.jpg

AuHYKEj.jpg

The barrier is impregnable but touching it opens a door below. There’s no choice but to go check it out.

5wwyrNd.jpg

xDWBLzI.jpg

ghISGHY.jpg

8EaRjH7.jpg

The corridor ends in the room from the game intro.

3xL3AHf.jpg

GxwKupv.jpg

HeXORm0.jpg

4bXLR2K.jpg

Below is an actual living cyclops.

LHD7Ty0.jpg

aNkP6GE.jpg

It seems all is to be revealed.

Dr0kghp.jpg

UzVP8Lk.jpg

vBu2E9l.jpg

xKdU74i.jpg

drzxNFf.jpg

Kh7noSQ.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
You ... You know my name? The Oracle of Hesinde in Ferdok and the Dragon's Eye led me to this place. My way was full of trials and foul enemies. Your voice ... it sounds like the voice of the Oracle in Ferdok! Are you the Oracle? What can you tell me about the Armor of Fire? And the Adamantine Heart - is it really the carbuncle of a gigantic Dragon?

tKeCrEl.jpg
So many questions for one so small. Come now! Rest your feet and I will answer your questions soon enough. This will be your new home for a long time. Until eventually you grow old like I have and choose a successor to take up your eternal guard.

SUj2akk.jpg
Home? What are you talking about? I'm supposed to guard the Adamantine Heart?

tKeCrEl.jpg
There's no need to be so excited, Little Foot. Let me start from the beginning. I will tell you a tale of Dragons and treachery. Of patience and carbuncles. My tongue is rough and slow. I have had few opportunities to speak in the many centuries of my time here.

tKeCrEl.jpg
I am the last of many generations of Cyclopean guardians. We were chosen to guard the glowing gemstone: the carbuncle of the Ancient Dragon Umbracor. You have already seen his mighty skeleton.

SUj2akk.jpg
Do you mean the same Umbracor as the one that is worshiped by the church of Hesinde and that we humans know as one of the five Guardians of the Balance? But how can he be dead?

tKeCrEl.jpg
Many thousands of years ago Umbracor was a wise and powerful Dragon Emperor, and he ruled over the Dragon Isle. But his son Ardakor was full of envy and his heart was full of treachery. Ardakor lured his father to the summit of Drakensang Mountain and slew him. From then on Ardakor ruled in his father's guise. While Umbracor's bones and carbuncle lay rotting in Aventuria, the tyrant ruled his empire from the Dragon Isle of Myranor.

Geography update:

w0RrTCj.png

SUj2akk.jpg
That's outrageous! How could that have gone unnoticed so many thousands of years?

tKeCrEl.jpg
The greedy Grolms stole Umbracor's skeleton and hid it deep in the Anvil Mountains, fearing that the loathsome Ardakor and his servants would discover them. But the Grolm city of Corumbra was destroyed by envy, greed and their war with the Dwarves.

SUj2akk.jpg
So the Adamantine Heart was the gigantic treasure stone that the Grolm's once possessed ...

tKeCrEl.jpg
Yes. Once the Grolm city had fallen, Ingarosh, God of fire and magma, commanded that the Cyclops should watch over Umbracor's carbuncle for all eternity. Ardakor lusts for the carbuncle. He has been looking for it for thousands of years ...

SUj2akk.jpg
But why is he looking for it?

tKeCrEl.jpg
He needs the stone if he is to become immortal. He is the son of an immortal creature, but he is not immortal himself. But once he possesses his father's Adamantine Heart his triumph will be complete. When the dark Dragons rule the world, the younger races will vanish in a fiery blaze and our world will disintegrate.

SUj2akk.jpg
That must not happen!

tKeCrEl.jpg
We have watched over the carbuncle for many, many years. But so few Cyclops remain ... vengeful ghosts from the Age of the Grolms have killed so many and robbed us of our courage. Now I am the only one of my kind that remains, but I am trapped here by the magic of the Grolm King and separated from the stone!

tKeCrEl.jpg
A voice from the carbuncle spoke to me here in the forge and commanded me to ordain a successor from among the younger races that have peopled Aventuria like the bees upon a meadow. My successor must prove his heart, wisdom and strength.

SUj2akk.jpg
The Dragon Quests!

tKeCrEl.jpg
Yes, that is what you call them. Some 800 years ago, I presented the Oracle to the disciples of the Divine Serpent. With the aid of the Oracle a new guardian was to be found. Only one would be able to reach the Carbuncle Cave. None but that Chosen One - and certainly no disciple of the Dragons - must ever step foot in this cavern.

tKeCrEl.jpg
Nine times did I read in the visions that came to me from Umbracor's carbuncle stone. Nine times I spoke through the statue of the Oracle. Nine times I hoped to be rescued from the magic of the Grolm King. But it was not until the tenth quest that my successor was found. You.

SUj2akk.jpg
Actually, I’m here to…

tKeCrEl.jpg
It was I who forged the Armor of Fire - indestructible and touched by divine blessings. And I hurled the pieces out into the world. It was a treasure to be reunited by the one who would take up my task.

SUj2akk.jpg
I have all the pieces. This part of your prophecy has been fulfilled.

tKeCrEl.jpg
It is your divine duty to watch over the carbuncle and to hide it from all the world from this day on. The balance of the powers and the future of the young peoples, who only now are beginning to flourish, lie in your hands. Everything that you will need in your new life is here in the Carbuncle Cave. The forge, the remains and the Soulstone.

SUj2akk.jpg
But what am I supposed to do here?

tKeCrEl.jpg
It is your duty to consign all those who would steal the stone to their fiery deaths in the lava. You will renew the stone's protective magic. And when your bones grow old, you will speak through the Oracle and choose your successor. My work is done. Soon my hands will grow weak and lose their powers. And I will return to the Sea of Fire from which the mighty Ingarosh once forged me.

tKeCrEl.jpg
Now you know everything. And now you are the Guardian of the Adamantine Heart.

SUj2akk.jpg
I am honored by this mighty task. The mortal remains of one of the five Ancient Dragons must be protected. But ... do I really have to end my days here in this cavern?

tKeCrEl.jpg
That is your destiny, two-eyed one. You have wrestled Umbracor's carbuncle from the clutches of the Grolm King and bear the blessed Armor of Fire. You are my successor and you will watch over the carbuncle in the centuries to come ...

SUj2akk.jpg
No! I don't believe it! The Dragon Cultists are hot on my heels! I snatched the Dragon's Eye from under Malgorra's nose and she won't give up until she has exacted her revenge. I'm afraid this place won't be safe for long! After all the battles I have fought and the trials I have overcome ... this simply cannot be my final task!

Yes, it seems Martin-kun will never fulfill his life ambition.

2hoh987.png

tKeCrEl.jpg
With time, you will come to accept your destiny. The Grolm King has lost his power and the stone is safe once more. Your watch has already begun.

Feels a tad anti-climactic… but whatever.

cA6bjRU.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
That's it? This cannot be all! Surely the destiny of the Chosen One is more glamorous than being an eternal guard, right?

Also, where's the cyclops' pic from? And the manga pic?

Cael

Arcane
That's it? This cannot be all! Surely the destiny of the Chosen One is more glamorous than being an eternal guard, right?

Also, where's the cyclops' pic from? And the manga pic?
Cyclops is the one from the movie Krull, I believe.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 69: But thou must

Apparently the cyclops can be convinced.

uXxfEJj.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
If one of the six Ancient Dragons has been dead for thousands of years, how does that affect the world balance?

tKeCrEl.jpg
Umbracor's death led to much suffering and misery. Too much. For thousands of years now the world has suffered more damage with every passing year. It would be a blessing if he could return to life. But that is just a dream ... But I am sure he will speak to you in visions and dreams when you take up your post and watch over the carbuncle.

SUj2akk.jpg
Did Umbracor speak to you from within the Adamantine Heart following his death?

tKeCrEl.jpg
Indeed, he did! The immortals never truly die. Umbracor's spirit reveals wonderful visions to me from time to time. One day you will also feel the power of his presence.

SUj2akk.jpg
Judging by the way this place has been secured, the Adamantine Heart can't be far away now ... I wonder how I can get past this lava fall.

tKeCrEl.jpg
What do you mean, two-eyed one?

SUj2akk.jpg
You can sense the flickering of his soul. His spirit is still there, it's still alive! There must be some way to awaken Umbracor, surely? Some way that we can conjure up a body for him? I know a spellcaster. His name is Master Rakorium and he has spent many decades studying carbuncles. He would like to speak with you.

tKeCrEl.jpg
Hhhmm ... You are unsure of whether you should accept this duty ... We are in danger of being discovered by Ardakor's henchmen and you insist on entertaining the vague possibility of awakening Umbracor in the hope that he might restore the balance ...

SUj2akk.jpg
The chances of success aren't that bad. There is much that a powerful spellcaster can do. If I understood him correctly, Master Rakorium is working on a method to awake the spirits inside gemstones such as carbuncles. I'm sure that a magician of his caliber could ... er ... awaken Umbracor ... perhaps.

tKeCrEl.jpg
Do you mean…

SUj2akk.jpg
Give the stone to me, Pal'Na'Thar, and I will end your eternal watch. If you give me the stone, it will no longer be necessary for you to watch here. The Ancient Dragon will reclaim his throne and incinerate Ardakor with his fiery breath. And?

tKeCrEl.jpg
Wait, Little Foot, wait. Your idea is not as stupid as I thought. Yes ... if the spirit in the carbuncle awoke, perhaps it could find a new body ... Hmm, Ardakor must consume the carbuncle in order to use its powers. But if he were to consume the Soulstone after the spirit had awoken, then carbuncle would take over the greedy Dragon's body and destroy Ardakor. What a stroke of luck that you know of such great magic.

SUj2akk.jpg
Hmm. yes ... well ... me? ... But I'm sure Master Rakorium would be capable ... He has spent months studying this ... years even!

tKeCrEl.jpg
Then so be it: I will disable the magical barrier surrounding the Adamantine Heart. Take the carbuncle and awaken Umbracor! But do it before Ardakor can take the stone from you. As he will sooner or later no doubt.

6adD9rZ.jpg

3dLhIIU.jpg

IFiqBaI.jpg

Martin and co get the rug swept from under them. Malgorra pops up like some animu villain.

XYSiRal.jpg

7vcBSUi.jpg

HeWiVhN.jpg

TATL0HA.jpg

tZrjelv.jpg

crrZwd5.jpg

3bOEmWT.jpg

vvKEr2k.jpg

tKeCrEl.jpg
By all the fires of Ingarosh - the enemy has seized Umbracor's Holy Soulstone!

tKeCrEl.jpg
My powers ... are fading. Soon ... They will be gone completely ... All is lost ...

SUj2akk.jpg
But nothing is lost! You chose me! I am the champion of the Dragon Quests. And as long as I still live, there is a still a chance that the forces of good can win!

o1dH0el.jpg

tKeCrEl.jpg
You must stop Malgorra! Ardakor must not swallow the Soulstone.

tKeCrEl.jpg
If you fail, Ardakor will become immortal and wreak fiery doom upon this world.

tKeCrEl.jpg
Follow me! I will show you a way out of the Carbuncle Cave.

As parting gift Martin receives an OP weapon.

oXGLusi.jpg

6AzUzIY.jpg

hoTb0X2.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
I choose the saber.

Juh5e8M.jpg

4Nvhp2P.jpg

6cI5nPa.jpg

A45Mcyd.jpg

WGnz70b.jpg

tKeCrEl.jpg
Hurry now and fulfill the destiny that the Gods have assigned you.

YZmqM7U.jpg

The saber is obv. the best in the game.

sxyUU9Q.jpg

It is time to leave and save the world.

HHW5bQy.jpg

IRLVzwU.jpg

L3gmiQd.jpg

prpHSW0.jpg

The portal goes straight to Murolosh throne room.

asYo35X.jpg

SUj2akk.jpg
There's more bad news: I found the Adamantine Heart! But Malgorra captured it! It is my fault that Malgorra has unleashed the dragons' firestorm ...

ZZq5uRq.jpg
Angrosh has never let us down, friend! We Dwarves can stand our ground! This won't be our last battle! And anyway, a famous human magician arrived in Murolosh while you were away. He has been looking for you everywhere! He's rather confused and quite excited. He awaits you in the throne room!

SUj2akk.jpg
That ... that must be Master Rakorium! I hope he has some good news for us. We've had more than enough bad news already ...

rC1lvTO.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
Good thing you can (and must) convince the giant to let you resurrect the dragon, as otherwise your companions would be forced to stand around awkwardly for all eternity. In fact, this scene would play better if only your MC could be here.
Will you have to craft a body for the uber-dragon though? This is prime fetch-quest material if they wanted to pad the game.

crrZwd5.jpg

Select? This is a bit of an odd word for the situation here. Anyways, sadly the cutscene stupidity is played straight here instead of having the villain blasted to death like the previous one.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I lost an entire update because of clipboard fuckery.

I'll just fast forward to the final battle next update.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 70: Drakensang Mountain

What happened between last update and now is not that important. The heroes are now on the summit of Drakensang mountain (after a chitload of trash combat). Basically, they closed three Limbus portals that were spawning endless enemies (mostly lizards). Most importantly, Martin has in his possession a ‘thesis crystal’ given to him by Archmage Rakorium. Touching the Adamantine Heart with the thesis crystal will reawaken Umbracor’s spirit so when Ardakor swallows the Adamantine Heart, Umbracor can take over his body. This is the key to saving the world.

QihsI5M.jpg

pTqO1aW.jpg

Malgorra is just protected by some really weak cultists.

YwtGEfv.jpg

HOfvEcG.jpg

EW5RVIt.jpg

Malgorra in her slutty outfit is very weak as well, not even being able to unleash a single spell.

T42x1KY.jpg

jvtAwwk.jpg

1t6BKHe.jpg

CcHM3gL.jpg

NbqQXWa.jpg

Touching the Adamantine Heart with the thesis crystal ensures Umbracor’s soul is awakened and the world is saved already. Only the trash needs to be cleaned up.

muDoASd.jpg

GQfjniT.jpg

AtYlObZ.jpg

The miraculously still living Malgorra is apparently clueless that she has already lost.

TWlWRSJ.jpg

MHkok2o.jpg

BTgAuA9.jpg

Bh4Qdmx.jpg

ghErXfr.jpg

0n4vEql.jpg

So Malgorra is a three-headed serpent. However, it just sits there casting some weak spells and summoning some weak creatures. Piece of cake.

VLwObHW.jpg

ClrFSAb.jpg

XbFsyy6.jpg

Our heroes happily unload their strongest abilities and soon Malgorra loses one arm, then another.

OOfiSb2.jpg

0ydnETm.jpg

6ykameF.jpg

v9qLuWh.jpg

With the third head down Malgorra is destroyed for good.

WKjwLaY.jpg

FHZBhIc.jpg

SjFq1ZL.jpg

x7y7TcM.jpg

The clueless Ardakor comes flying to swallow the blue pill.

6zZdPrH.jpg

FTm3pMG.jpg

qsbe4hS.jpg

KQqxh7m.jpg

eKqfF7i.jpg

Ardakor is transformed just as he’s about to attack the heroes.

ySHT0Nz.jpg

cv1QOyw.jpg

vuv23e7.jpg

CaPArNO.jpg

oIDiBLp.jpg

BOi5I2L.jpg

z6KetqQ.jpg

All the heroes get, is a khtxbai.

WY7nvP3.jpg

ThZvQwJ.jpg

tJfdRrV.jpg

Umbracor then flies off to Myranor.

KllfUq4.jpg

fTTNOAC.jpg

UEx1sIp.jpg

asQLv1p.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
That's it? That's the end for real? Do we get an ending reel for our companions' fates or something?

Touching the Adamantine Heart with the thesis crystal will reawaken Umbracor’s spirit so when Ardakor swallows the Adamantine Heart, Umbracor can take over his body. This is the key to saving the world.

Good thing they thought about this "I'm missing muh body!" issue.

Malgorra in her slutty outfit is very weak as well, not even being able to unleash a single spell.

That was disappointing.

Oh, it's one of those. Also, what's wrong with her neck?

All the heroes get, is a khtxbai.

Well...

Having this said by the equivalent of God and being in friendly terms with Him pretty much ensures you good luck at least, as well as some unique opportunities in the afterlife once the heroes' time is up.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
I dropped the game at that exact moment that you lost, the one with the three portals and lizardmen.
Had enough of the trash combat by that point and i see that i didn't miss much on the fun parts.

loki_ita

Barely Literate
sorry for ask somthing about old game but i have reinstalled drakensang dark eye (antology)
in dark eye i arrive to silverfall castle. after spider cave i'm enttered in the castle.
at level off cellwing (where orchish captain is trapped in cell. and you must active 3 lever under 3 shield.
in north-west part of map is a room that i can't open, acces is closed by Iron bound wood door.
i have founf in the same level 2 lever that can be actived only one time.
i have found another 2 lever that control the door close to it (open and close door)
in cell room i have opened all room and killed all orchish.
i have 2 keys one is for opend a gate i cell room and another not open nothing
two man is closed in cell and don't whont be free.

i continue and i have activated the 4 tourch, i take the cristal, i continue and little bit before exit i have noticed anothe lever under a wood structure, this lever can be activated all time that you like, but i not see reaction in entire map.

somebody know how to open Iron bound wood door in north west of map (one level under cristal level with fire ball trap) ?

i think to have checked all torch in the 2 map, i have checked back of any box, crate and barrel.

this map, north-west corner, over number 11, a room like a large cross

thx

D7D63A2B73C509D170F60753C034C532D3414680

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom