Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

That story list doesn't really look legit. Most of it is contradicting the leak subreddit, where the guy keeps updating everyone (along with streamable snippets) while playing through the story.

Thanks, I've found that thread. It's legit thanks to videos included. At this point the whole story mode will be on youtube by tomorrow.

Last edited:

l33t0r

Novice
Of all the shitty fake spoilers, the "new character X is actually an old character Y after some funky shenanigans!" are the most retarded. I remember all the shit going on before MGS V, Kaz is Ocelot, Kaz is helicopter, Quiet is Chico after sex change operation, Skull Face is Zadornov, Venom is Gray Fox, Venom is Solidus, Venom is Decoy Octopus, everyone is Decoy Octopus, and so on. No. Just no. There already are doubles of characters from different timelines, all straightforward, sharing everything and presented avowedly.
Tl;dr - calling bullshit on the "leaked plot twists", all of which will be probably irrelevant in a few hours due to real early copy leaks.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Erron Black killing Reptile/Ermac doesn't even make sense. Ermac could kick the shit out of him without even turning to face him.

Also, according to Story Mode:

Newly discovered Azn Kitana kills Shao Kahn. As if this game's story couldn't get more retarded.

I've seen a cameo of Sheeva - maybe she's prepared for DLC.

Also - prepare for Dragon Ball Z fusion lulz!

edit: Next gaem will be another reboot or MK11 is just last MK geam.

edit: that Ultra Instinct 'Fujin'???

Damn, it feels like MK + DBZ + Avengers.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Movie MK1 is still one of the most fun action movies of its time. I enjoy watching that more than your average Schwarzenegger movie or Rambo movies.

Vityaz

Augur
Fuck yea that trailer is so hype! Finally using a good song :)

It's a wonder how much better the trailer becomes when an appropriate music is used to set the mood.

I mean yeah, I still have my reservations and shit, but this does genuinenly make me a bit more interested. Especially when they kinda embrace the cheesiness of the entire concept.

Squid

Arbiter
I thought Kuai Lang was close to Sareena not Bi-Han? I know in Mythologies Bi-Han and her are chummy but I think his younger brother was the one that got close to her?
I wouldn't be surprised if this answer is actually confusing considering how MK is just kinda everywhere with stories sometimes.

Okagron

Prophet
It was Bi-Han that got closer to Sareena, given that Mythologies Sub-Zero is about Bi-Han. i think Kuai Liang and Sareena had a thing in Armageddon where Sareena was manipulated by Quan-Chi into stealing the medallion Kuai Liang has, which i think opened the Lin Kuei temple.

I thought Kuai Lang was close to Sareena not Bi-Han? I know in Mythologies Bi-Han and her are chummy but I think his younger brother was the one that got close to her?

In old timeline he had... affair with Bi-Han before she had been railgunned by Shinnok, then she just helped younger Sub-Zero to fight back Noob-Smoke during Deception events and that's all.

In current timeline, even after 25 years gap she revealed strong sentiment for Bi-Han (MKX Jax Chapter, dialogue with Kitana).

Noob seems to be fucking her demon colleague in this timeline, seeing how he has a gear piece called "Jataaka's Consort". So I doubt be minds much.

Wow, didn't notice that, good point! So there's yet another hell waifu to spare for Stryker or Smoke.

Shadenuat

Arcane
That's how MK looks nowadays eh

Bleak "realistic" so characters literally merge with backgrounds
When I look at various japanese fighting games, characters are often so striking and colorful in comparison. Characters which do stand out are mostly those tested by time (like you know it's Raiden cause of white + blue + hat).

Duuno if trve but anyway... DLC revealed via data mining of Switch version:

lWknCrt.png

badRmWz.png

If they replaced Terminator with Havik and Joker with any of unused 3D era characters it would be perfect.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Welp managed to see around 2/3rds of the story before WB took the vids down.

Tbh apart from some...very retarded moments, one of which is mentioned in a spoiler post above, I think it's a better story then Mk X which I remember as being mostly brown and boring, had legit fun watching it and a lot of the environments are cool. Also lol at how NR was all like, women don't fight in ridiculous outfits anymore, then you notice the female outworld npc fighters show a lot of skin, makes Jade stand out even more as a contrast to them in her chapter. At one point she is roaming the scorching wastes with Kotal and his army and it's like a burkha in a sea of flesh and muscles.

From what I hear the ending is what pisses people off the most, so will see how that impacts my opiinion.

Otherwise one thing I liked...
Shao Khan getting MEGA pissed at finding out mileena was killed was super :love:. Dude gets told he dies and mileena succeeded him and he doesn't react, clearly was cool with it and saw her as his rightful heir... Then d'vorah is all like oh yeh lulz i killed her and Shao Kahn instantly flips harder then when Shang Tsung told him he fucked the mk tournament and set back centuries his plans of conquest, going all WTF DID YOU DO BITCH? ILL KILL YOU!!!! Mileena might ber dead, her gear given to every character as costume pieces as a way to troll mileena fans, but evil conqueror of worlds daddy really cared about her!
Also Shao Kahn taking a stroll with Skarlett and having a casual conversation about her likes in blood was cute too, no wonder she is so loyal to him, turns out Shao Kahn can be bro tier.

Last edited:
I think it's a better story then Mk X

MKX had shit story, only good parts were MK4 chapter and tea party with Sub-Zero, Scorpion and Frost.

MK11 is real conclusion to Armageddon and its enjoyable despite having many flaws - so many plot holes, Special Forces chapters being mostly a gunfest and final chapter which is just Dragon Ball... NRS writers were too lazy to even try to explain some details, for example the Mystery of Noob Saibot's return:

Hanzo - Hi Noob-dude, why you're still alive despite being kicked into Soulnado and missing for 25 years?
Noob - I'm just not easy to kill.

There're lots of butthurt about reseting timeline again but I'm ok with that - truth is you just cannot proceed with this story further, it's either last MK gaem or the next one will be prologue (500 years back to the times of Great Kung Lao fighting Goro) or some weird alternative story.

Okagron

Prophet
People brought up the fact you could even buy the thing to unlock everything in MKX as the beginning of them making the games grindier and grindier to justify people basically pay to bypass the grind. That's how it starts, they slowly raise the grind with each game to make people spend more money in the game to bypass the grind.

And look at what we are now. Hope the fuckers that defended that crap in MKX to unlock everything in the Krypt by paying 20 bucks are happy with themselves now, because the grind has gotten even worse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom