Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm pretty sure it was post-kickstarter.

EDIT: Yeah, the Fig campaign ended Feb 25 2017. They announced the full VO on the 13th of April 2018

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
man playing bg first time it sure is nicen not having to deal with attacks of opportunity nonsense. (engagement system)

Last edited:
The Real Fanboy
With over 400 fully voiceacted NPCs + the most reactivity and dialogue options of any RPG, it's easy to tell where most of the budget went.

But it was soo worth it! Critical Role is soo good and its still amazing that the cast voiced (nearly) every single party member! You can totally tell they loved working on the game too since they still talk about it on the show and Matt still lists Éder and Aloth on his main credits on his twitter (and he has so many iconic roles to choose from)!

Also without full V/O we would never have gotten such iconic memes like the

Ekera
z4j0g2c.png
vs. Gellarde
Y7U0jUZ.png
memes in the fandom!

And all the Critical Role fan artists were creating iconic Deadfire fanart too btw!!!

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Then Obs themselves changed his portrait to not be so classically beautiful. He has softer features in the concept art, not so pronounced cheek bones, smaller mouth and chin, etc.

Quillon

Arcane
Did they also change Eder's portrait for Deadfire so he'd look like Efens? :P Not that I remember Efens that well...since they also probably draw Ydwin after whatshername who left Obs last year. Otherwise why change perfectly good and distinct look of max von s'eder so drastically for the worse.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Ah, yeah, Vela. The child they didn't give me the opportunity to influence and corrupt. Although that's the reason I kidnapped her in the first place.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Take your pick:

metzgerei_wurst1.jpg

vs.

hot-dog-race-cars-9724-800x533.jpg

A lot of 'european sausages' were created before there even was a USA, and are generally available in large urban areas here. No point reinventing the wheel. (Which is not a defense of hot dogs, let alone the abortion you shared in your image)

Last edited:
The Real Fanboy
Did they also change Eder's portrait for Deadfire so he'd look like Efens? :P Not that I remember Efens that well...since they also probably draw Ydwin after whatshername who left Obs last year. Otherwise why change perfectly good and distinct look of max von s'eder so drastically for the worse.

What!? New Éder is so cuter and more masculine but anyway I like that the portraits lewk different in Deadfire because it’s like different artists in Eora painting their perception of the famous heroes so who cares if they vary!

Perkel

Arcane
finally playing TB mode after all those patches.
can someone remind me what is the difference between classic/veteran/potd as in stats changes.

classic i assume is 100% and no additional enemies
veteran probably something like 120% and some additional enemies
potd is what ?

Lacrymas

Arcane
There are no changes between normal and hard in terms of stats, only enemy composition. PotD provides even more enemies (I think?) and a buff to their stats. The buff is cheap, though, especially relating to armor and Pen.

Perkel

Arcane
Also initiative vs round.
In rtwp action speed meant that someone could attack twice instead of one time.
Does action speed matter at all now and can give extra attacks ?

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
PoE is such a CUCKED franchise as regards writing, firstly they make Chris massively cut his very good characters in the first game, then neither of them turns up in the second game and the main plot is such a retardo clusterfuck it makes me think of nu-Star Wars

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom