Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Should be playing this soon, tho I seem to have a problem with Steam lately where it takes FOREVER to download/install updates. It just stalls with no activity, really fucking annoying. Anyone else had this happen?

Morkar Left

downloaded fine for me, with others updates i have problems from time to time.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I enjoy the changes to Bretonnia, they speed up the game a lot since you can easily confederate with the other dukedoms now for just a bit of gold or chivalry.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am excited for the Bretonnia changes. Now that the armory grants 2+ armor for all armies, which apparently stacks, I am curious how high you can push armor rating. I have trouble deciding what would be be more humorous, nigh-immortal cavalry units or relatively tanky peasant mobs.

Also, with the building requirements removed, you can field Grail Knights and Grail Guardians much faster. Hopefully, Lucky's mod is updated soon.

16 turns in with Ikit claw's campaign, vampire coast mutineers not dead yet, and i'm playing the whole thing like shit. Still a ton of fun with the new under empire mechanic though :D

Jinn

Arcane
Agame, have you tried this new DLC at all yet? I've been holding out on my Skaven campaign due to your suggestions and was wondering how you thought they handled the changes/if the DLC is worth it? Looks fucking sweet, really.

GreyViper

Prophet
Honestly, it feels like good expansion all around. Currently trying out Bretonnia and I like the changes so far. Something interesting I noticed, in Ikit claw's campaign. He can take on most vamp armies that other armies would struggle with. Ratling gunners and Jazells are really good and skaven slaves absorb bloaters rather well. Also nuking their armies when they clump together is rather enjoyable.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Me5039L.png

:hmmm:

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Hey Jinn bro, I have not played alot so cannot give definitive review, trying to install the 5 gig DLC turned into complete debacle requiring re-download of most of the game... Anyway aside from that I would say just jump in, no point waiting as I cannot see Skaven getting any new additions till maybe TW:WH3.

Pros are: Under Empire is neat, its no proper under empire full secondary map (we will never get that), but it finally feels like creating a proper sneaky skaven empire building structures under other cities. No idea if its balanced, or how often AI will spot your settlements but its FUN, and something the skaven desperately needed to make their campaign mode not feel generic.

New units: Jezzails and Ratling guns are FUN AS HELL, fleshes out Skaven as a real shooty army which they always should have been. My main Ikit army in early campaign made up of half Jezzail, Ratlings, Warpfire, and half slaves, makes for some glorious battles when you flatten opposing army with dakka and warplightning, screaming mobs of skaven slaves getting caught in the "friendly" fire.

Cons: My biggest gripe, scaling of armies STILL punishes you for not building elite/doom stacks, apparently this will never change. This really pisses me off as I want to make true ratty horde and have entire armies made of slaves to throw at the enemy while my gun line blasts them apart.

Doom rockets seem a bit OP as they demolish entire groups of units, and of course AI is incapable of defending against them, but whatever, not sure how limited the warp charges will be in the long term.

No 'real' under empire, but the new mechanics are pretty good.

Anyway I may post some more when I have longer playthrough, but its the first time since TW:WH2 released I am genuinely excited to continue playing a skaven campaign so make of that what you will.

Jinn

Arcane
Anyway aside from that I would say just jump in

Yeah, I ended up buying it shortly after posting. It just looked too fun to pass up for $9. Really like what I'm seeing so far. Playing with Ikit Claw and having an enjoyable time with all that stuff you mentioned. Also like what the Forbidden Workshop adds to the mix in regards to units. Don't much mind the OP shit so far, as huge stacks of enemy armies are coming down on me already fairly early in the campaign.

Thanks for the response, though! Glad to see it essentially lines up with my initial impressions too.

Last edited:

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
And a few neat little additions they added in patch, ME campaign has more empire cities (including Mordheim! Yes, yes...) and a new orc city in the middle of Brettonia (that would be fun to play as with minors unlocked).

The problem I have with this game is I dont really like the Vortex campaign, I find Lustria map very boring for some reason. So I am playing an Ikit game on Mortal Empires map and OH MY FUCKING GOD those end of turn load times!! I could just about start writing that novel I always wanted to write while I am waiting for next turn. I forgot how bad it was, been awhile since I played this game. :cry:

Seems like the time from when you click the "load game" button to you get to load a games has gone up too.

Anyways, I'm just waiting for the SFO update.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Also allegedly AI was changed and they removed auto resolve bonus for AI. I am not that far in but AI seems very passive, I have seen no settlements nearby change faction in my Ikit campaign. And there are about half a dozen 'rogue armies' doing laps of the ocean and not attacking any faction. Not sure if this is an anomaly in my game, pretty shit if its how its supposed to be.

Also allegedly AI was changed and they removed auto resolve bonus for AI. I am not that far in but AI seems very passive, I have seen no settlements nearby change faction in my Ikit campaign. And there are about half a dozen 'rogue armies' doing laps of the ocean and not attacking any faction. Not sure if this is an anomaly in my game, pretty shit if its how its supposed to be.

you mean those rogue armies that have blue and black flags?

That's pretty normal and they do not attack settlements or the AI. They will only attack a player's army if it's traveling by sea unless bribed. Other than that, yeah, they're pretty useless.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
you mean those rogue armies that have blue and black flags?

That's pretty normal and they do not attack settlements or the AI. They will only attack a player's army if it's traveling by sea unless bribed. Other than that, yeah, they're pretty useless.

Well thats retarded, they should attack a weakened faction or something, otherwise they are a complete waste of CPU cycles.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
The blue and black rogues are there for the VCoast factions. They don't serve a great purpose if the player isn't one of the VCoast factions.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I loaded up a Bretonnia campaign and it is glorious so far. I am hyped for Empire and Greenskin updates.

Also, my god are there a lot of factions now. The load times also seem to take longer.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
The new Bretonnia technology tree opens up some neat options to play. Once you research a heraldry for that Bretonnian faction, you instantly have the choice of sacrificing 5,000 gold or 20 chivalry to confederate. Depending on gold, you can confederate most of Bretonnia rather quickly.

Each new province allows you to pick the commandment to increase research by 10%. In conjunction with confederation mechanic, you can pick up tech options reactively. For example, if a faction declares war, you can either quickly research the free diplomacy option, or pick the battle buffs against that faction. Both options have short enough research times, especially with the stacked research commandment, that you have time to decide.

I have not used the Green Knight yet, but I am curious how it will work with unlimited summons. Specifically, I wonder if you could have the Green Knight suicide charge into an enemy hero or deathball, and should he die, just resummon him after every battle.

Now I just need to stack the armory buffs, and this will be a funny campaign.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom