Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Opera Browser thinks RPG codex is Dangerous

Tommy Gun

Arcane
I'm trying out Opera (because it has a VPN type thing built in I’m interested in) and it thinks the codex is dangerous.

It says.

Fraud warning

This site may be hacked or fraudulent. Giving it passwords or

personal information could put you at risk for identity theft or

financial fraud.

Opera Software strongly discourages visiting this page.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, I have the same problem. Just keep clicking on ignore until it just stops asking.

Also, as far as I know, the site admins know, but since there are so few that use Opera ( :obviously: ), no one has bothered to fix this.

Also... built-in mouse gestures and ad-block.

:thumbsup:

saeci

Arcane
For all you fucktards out there - there is a setting to disable the warnings, no thanks needed faggots

saeci

Arcane
V8YrH8z.png

eat it losers

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
This site contains some dangerous opinions on RPG's for millenials and normies.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, don't know why. It doesn't actually give any useful explanations.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Also, as far as I know, the site admins know, but since there are so few that use Opera ( :obviously: ), no one has bothered to fix this.
You aren't prestigious, you're just retarded. There is nothing prestigious about using rebranded and skinned Chromium that also happens to be Chinese spyware.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You aren't prestigious, you're just retarded. There is nothing prestigious about using rebranded and skinned Chromium that also happens to be Chinese spyware.
I just checked to see if Chromium had a mobile browser with a text scaling option that doesn't consist of ugly and inconsistent font resizing. It doesn't.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Their privacy "statement" and everything else

is not so much different from whatever Chrome, Firefox or any other browser have in store for you.

Of course, I may be wrong, and I accept this, but "selling people's information" is something that everyone does these days without much shame. Your only resort is to make your own browser. (Good luck with that!)

My own empiric test was to order something from a very specific site, using Chrome. Within less than 5 minutes all the Google ads I could see were pointing me back to the site I had previously used to order from, showcasing other products.
Same thing happened with Firefox.

No one is clean these days.

Repressed Homosexual
I just checked to see if Chromium had a mobile browser with a text scaling option that doesn't consist of ugly and inconsistent font resizing. It doesn't.

Puffin does it well, and it is an American company.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Puffin does it well, and it is an American company.
I dislike the text resizing that Puffin and most other mobile browsers use because there's no way to resize text on the fly without messing with the options menu, and my level of vision varies considerably depending on what combination of glasses and/or contact lenses I'm wearing at any given time. Opera has a fit-to-screen function, similar to what you'll find in some pdf readers, which makes the text align with the corners of the screen no matter the level of zoom. It's both more precise and more reliable than text resizing, and I've yet to find another mobile browser apart from Opera that uses it.

hpstg

Savant
For mobile at least, you most likely want Firefox Lite with Turbo mode enabled.

It's officially from Mozilla but you can only find it in F-droid for now.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Opera VPN server is down great I have now installed Celestial Empire tm intelligence tool and I am being open to Five Eyes scrutiny cause only cheap VPN is based in Kwanada. Commissar's ass will never forget this day.

:shredder:

:evilcodex:
:butthurt:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom