Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CRPG BOOK RELEASED!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, i got the collector's edition so i'd like it to be in pristine state (if i had the normal one i might be having second thoughts) and i'll wait until July, but i wonder what will happen to the scratched ones - i'd be a shame if they were just thrown away.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Got an e-mail from Bitmap Books saying I could download a .pdf of the book... except the link throws back a 404 error.

Anyone else experience something similar?

EDIT: Nevermind, tried again just after this post and it's working now. Weird.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Looking through the .pdf of the book that was made available to me.

Seems that the colored text for is missing on pages 155(?), 210-211, 218-219, 229, 232-233, 292-293 and 324-325, meaning some text (like the game's title) cannot be seen. I'm hoping this is just a problem in the .pdf and is not found in the printed copies.

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth

Seems that the colored text for is missing on pages 155(?), 210-211, 218-219, 229, 232-233, 292-293 and 324-325, meaning some text (like the game's title) cannot be seen. I'm hoping this is just a problem in the .pdf and is not found in the printed copies.

That's worrying. Have you emailed them about it?

Alchemist

Arcane

I'm seeing the same issues in my PDF copy. Missing title text for some games (maybe missing some screenshot captions too?).

felipepepe Have you heard of any known issues like this?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Hey guys, sorry for being out for a while and thanks for understanding the issue with the hardcover print.

About the PDF, I will announce this soon along with other things, but now that the book is sold out the PDF will go back to being free and open for distribution. I'll just update the Bitmap Books PDF with hyperlinks, index, fix those issues and start sharing it again, probably this weekend.

And don't worry, those weird issues aren't in the printed book:

kFBob6R.jpg

Finally, I'm extremely happy to reveal that we raised more than 16,000 dollars for charity! Bitmap Books is sending it to the NGO this week, thanks so much everyone, that's around 64 minimum wages in Brazil!

:love:

Paul_cz

Arcane
The book looks sweet. Can't wait to see in on my shelf next to my Witcher artbooks and whatnots. And to read about all the RPGs I missed.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Can't wait to give this a read, at last. :) (hope it fits on the ol' iPad screen...)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Hey guys, sorry for being out for a while and thanks for understanding the issue with the hardcover print.

About the PDF, I will announce this soon along with other things, but now that the book is sold out the PDF will go back to being free and open for distribution. I'll just update the Bitmap Books PDF with hyperlinks, index, fix those issues and start sharing it again, probably this weekend.

And don't worry, those weird issues aren't in the printed book:

kFBob6R.jpg

Finally, I'm extremely happy to reveal that we raised more than 16,000 dollars for charity! Bitmap Books is sending it to the NGO this week, thanks so much everyone, that's around 64 minimum wages in Brazil!

:love:

good spread! good article on the left! good shit!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I've been scrolling through the PDF. It's very nice and I'm looking forward to the CE. Sadly won't get it until July so I can't bring it for you to sign with a lipstick kiss when I'm in Tokyo, Felipe :(

Sharpedge

Prophet
Just like modern games, I am waiting for the patched edition of the physical book :/ What's next, Microtransactions? :P

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I got an email from bitmap books a bit ago saying their first shipment was damaged but they would be willing to send it for a discount.

I've been too busy to respond to the email, but they said the properly printed shipment will be sent in July sometime (maybe June i forget).

I'm in no rush, but I would like the collectors edition to be in good condition. I don't really care about the condition of the standard versions I ordered because I'm going to be neckbearding the shit out of those.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Another email came with a link to PDF without missing text.
I'm in the same boat as above, waiting for the good hard copy, and releasing the PDF is a nice gesture while we wait.

Is it too late to report this to be fixed for the hard copy?

4t15BH7.png

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Got the book today, collectors edition. No scratches or anything, all the extra stuff looks fine as well. Gonna be fun to read, but god damn is it heavy :)

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Got mine today, perfect shape, no scratches at all

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom