Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Wintermute

Augur
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Promote your bros!

Kraken fight is incredibly tedious.

Goblin amulet works vs tentacles. Give it to a polearm/long axe/polehammer bro, stand two squares from kraken mouth and smack away at it while also freeing those they get dragged in by the tentacles.

Modron

Arcane
For the kraken have 2-3 reach weapon bros, rest high melee bros as archers are generally useless in the fight, and congeal into a blob with the polearms in front at reach distance but not melee because anything within the immediate 1 tile surroundings of the kraken get insta-gibbed. It's not so much tough as it is long.

Nirvash

Liturgist
So, no one play legends supermod?

I really like th new camp thing (no on road healing/repair, you need to set up camp and put people to work, can also dismantle stuff and go hunt/scavenge)

Every job got extra mundane skills and some got extra perks (shield maiden can be pretty nice tank with the +10 def on shield, yep there are women but they have meh combat stats but good utility, widow give you extra loot chance on kills)
But not sure about the casters.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter

Apr

Release Date Announcement
What started out as a small DLC has become a sizable expansion again. We’re happy to announce that the ‘Warriors of the North’ DLC for Battle Brothers will be released on May 9th for the price of $8.99 or your local equivalent. You can already find and wishlist it on Steam right here and on GOG here.

The artwork above can also be downloaded as a wallpaper here.

The ‘Warriors of the North’ DLC for Battle Brothers expands the game with a more distinct northern region, as well as different starting scenarios to pick for your mercenary company. Face an entirely new faction of barbarians in battle, wear new viking and rus themed gear, and follow the legend of the ‘Ijirok’, a mythical creature of the frozen north!

Features
  • Origins – Pick one of ten different origins and play as northern barbarians, peasant militia, or a flock of cultists. Each origin has special rules that shape your campaign into a different experience from beginning to end.
  • New Opponents – Face an entirely new faction of northern barbarians, complete with their own gear and unique mechanics.
  • Legendary Locations – Visit two new legendary locations and fight two new bosses in a quest that leads to a legendary reward.
  • Champions – Hunt down enemy champions and face them in battle to claim famed items for yourself.
  • New Banners and Gear – Dress in style with a collection of new viking and rus inspired banners, shields, helmets and armors. Use new weapons and let loose the new nordic warhound!
  • New Contracts and Events – Earn your stay in the north by taking on new contracts. Immerse yourself in leading a mercenary company with even more illustrated events.
  • New Music – Two new music tracks accompany you on your adventures.
  • New Achievements – Challenge yourself with new achievements.
Please note: You’ll be able to continue your current campaign with the DLC, but you won’t have access to all of the new content until you start a new campaign.

9 MAY
VICTORY DAY
Hahahahaha fugging Krauts - absolute mad lads - they done it.

9 May but its already done.
Victory day over fascism
Why I am always right bros why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
ss_81c3f5d9b4857a53a2c92e7985d519b66e80c087.1920x1080.jpg

ss_9fa4132bc0ae2c759e85619818f1f61541e88459.1920x1080.jpg
ss_5fe81add7cf19c52e4d4fb9f522cd9fbdafe69d0.1920x1080.jpg

ss_f243d74fc4d3fc2f8e0669bf4b8aa12289f84da1.1920x1080.jpg

Some more goodies.

Barbarian

Arcane
Will there be events based on company origins?

Can't wait to run a playthrough with peasant militia background, btw. In a way my playthroughs tended to use few "professional" backgrounds anyway. I just hope the 18 men on the field feature doesn't break balance.

Jinn

Arcane
Sounds like some great additions. Now if they had only decided to add some town/dungeon/crypt battlefields this time around it would have been golden.

Barbarian

Arcane
Sounds like some great additions. Now if they had only decided to add some town/dungeon/crypt battlefields this time around it would have been golden.

They are not going to do it because it allegedly fucks up the gameplay - bridges, buildings and the like causing slow battles and messed up pathfinding, as it already happens in woodland terrain crowded with tree props.

That said, there is really nothing stopping them adding some simple 1 or 2 tile props to flavor some scenes(graves and small ruins for some event based battlefields and the like).

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
What kind of formations are you guys using?

I usually go with 2 rows. The first with shield bearers and a couple of two handlers and then 2 archers, 1 crossbow dude and a couple of halberds in the back.

I started a new game to test a spearmen company. All men use spears and switch to swords or axes when the enemy breaks through. Instead of a line formation I am using a wedge formation to take advantage of the shieldwall.

Barbarian

Arcane
Front row with shield-bearers + two zweihanders(one at each flank).
Back row with archers or crossbowmen + 2 lancers (one at each flank) + bannerman at center.

Depending on the situation I put more people on the back row(more ranged weapons) or more people on the front row(more shielded damage soakers). 5-7 or 7-5 basically. This will get more interesting with the militia origin I wager.

I have pretty much settled on this for a while now. Having a front row filled with two-handed weapons seemed to increase efficiency but I lost too many men too often and we all know losing a veteran bro sets you back a lot. Shields increase survivability a lot and they do work well with nimble. Maces +shields are great for disabling the most dangerous opponents and making sure all or at least most bros remain living.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer

I usually go with 2 rows. The first with shield bearers and a couple of two handlers and then 2 archers, 1 crossbow dude and a couple of halberds in the back.
- 2 spearmen to watch the flanks (spearwall isn't very effective against tough enemies but it prevents them from approaching from the sides and buys me time to deal with the rest of them); they carry axes for schrats and daggers for armor harvesting.
- 3 back-row guys (2 polearms, 1 two-handed hammer)
- 3 two-handers in the middle: sword, mace, axe. The axeman can switch between bigger short-range axe and longer two-tile axe. The mace guy can switch to one-handed mace and shield when facing lighter enemies like goblins, but his two-handed mace works wonders against orc warriors and leaders.
- 4 rank and file shieldmen: a swordsman, a butcher, a hammer guy, and an axeman; mainly to watch the flanks

A crossbowman and an archer in reserve, called in when needed.

Barbarian

Arcane
Peasant militia all the way.

Rabble rabble rabble!

Me too.

I just hope it isn't unbalanced. The benefit of having 50% more men on the field could greatly offset the disavantage of not being able to hire top-tier backgrounds. I know the mod that allows 18 men makes the game much easier - *too* easy for my tastes.

I also hope there are cool events and flavor related to the origins and it isn't just a "custom rules" sort of thing. The lone wolf origin for instance, it would be pretty shitty if your "captain" character interjects conversations as if he weren't the captain, or if he can be unironically given the sergeant position.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
That said, there is really nothing stopping them adding some simple 1 or 2 tile props to flavor some scenes(graves and small ruins for some event based battlefields and the like).

Yeah, this so much. Instead of rocks and trees, some graves when in graveyards, pikes and campfires when attacking camps, etc.

k0syak

Cipher

- 2 spearmen to watch the flanks (spearwall isn't very effective against tough enemies but it prevents them from approaching from the sides and buys me time to deal with the rest of them); they carry axes for schrats and daggers for armor harvesting.
- 3 back-row guys (2 polearms, 1 two-handed hammer)
- 3 two-handers in the middle: sword, mace, axe. The axeman can switch between bigger short-range axe and longer two-tile axe. The mace guy can switch to one-handed mace and shield when facing lighter enemies like goblins, but his two-handed mace works wonders against orc warriors and leaders.
- 4 rank and file shieldmen: a swordsman, a butcher, a hammer guy, and an axeman; mainly to watch the flanks

A crossbowman and an archer in reserve, called in when needed.

IMHO:
Try shifting all shield dudes to twohanders, if you are worried about defence, get them quick hands and a shield in the bag. Past a certain point the zweihander AOE attacks become too good to not use en masse.
Two handed hammers are great instead of the spearmen.
Use (bow) archers in pairs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom