Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
THINBLOOD

Seattle has generally attracted a younger crowd and some of them unfortunately wind up on the streets of the city. For the Kindred, the thinbloods are their own version of street kids, and in recent years, their numbers have grown at what some might consider an alarming rate.

img-header-small-thinblood-1.png

img-half-half-thinblood-description2.jpg

Despite being permitted in the city, many thinbloods don’t survive very long. With little understanding of what they are or the rules of Kindred society, they face a struggle to simply exist in a city carved up by established political factions. Many are killed when they pose a threat to the Masquerade. A few find work as grunts and runners for the less scrupulous denizens of Seattle. It’s not unheard of for a thinblood to gain enough respect to earn a more prominent role in a faction, but they are rarely shown the same respect or legal standing a full-blood clan member enjoys. It’s a hard, short life for most thinbloods in Seattle, but it’s also a city of opportunity for the few that can navigate their way into the higher circles of vampire society.

BORN A CRIME
As newly created vampires, far removed from the source of their blood’s power, thinbloods’ powers are strange and indiscriminate - deviating from the ancient disciplines.

img-half-half-discipline-chiropteran-small.png

CHIROPTERAN

This Thinblood discipline calls on the vampire’s strong affinity to bats, allowing her to move through the air and summon swarms.

• Glide (Blood Cost: 1) is Chiropteran’s first active power, and can be enhanced by investing inthe • • slot. Glide greatly lowers the weight of the vampire’s skeleton and muscle mass to allow them to float on updrafts, reaching otherwise inaccessible areas. In the air, the vampire can swoop into NPC to knock them down, pounce on enemies far below, or use the height advantage to rain down Disciplines from afar.

• • • Bat Swarm (Blood Cost: 2), the second active power, allows the vampire to summon a small swarm of bats to attack a target NPC, temporarily disabling them and dealing low damage. The • • • • and • • • • • slots grow this power, until a true Maelstrom of leathery wings surrounds the vampire, harrying and damaging any enemy who dares come too close.

img-half-half-discipline-mentalism-small.png

MENTALISM

This Thinblood discipline allows the vampire to manipulate objects through telekinesis - allowing them to even pull weapons from enemies’ hands.

• Pull (Blood Cost: 0/1, target dependent) is Mentalism’s first active. It allows the vampire to manipulate inanimate objects from afar - whether that’s an inconvenient obstacle, or the knife in the hands of the NPC bearing down on them. The • • slot upgrades Pull even further.

• • • Levitate (Blood Cost: 2), the second active power, suspends a living NPC in the air. Its strength can be enhanced with the • • • • and • • • • • slots, until the vampire can levitate everyone and everything in an area, and throw suspended enemies around like ragdolls.

img-half-half-discipline-nebulation-small.png

NEBULATION

This Thinblood discipline allow the vampire to call on her affinity to mist, allowing her to summon and command it.

• Mist Shroud (Blood Cost: 2), Nebulation’s first active power, envelops the vampire with mist for a short time, muffling footsteps and making them slightly harder to notice. In addition, the vampire can partially transform into mist for one invocation to either perform a choking attack on an NPC, or travel through tight spaces. The • • slot enhances these powers even further.

• • • Envelop (Blood Cost: 3), the second active, creates a stationary, swirling cloud of mist that surrounds, blinds and forcefully enters the lungs of NPC that touch it. It and Mist Shroud both can be further improved with the • • • • and • • • • • slots.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Email from Paradox that I assume links to the above video and thinblood clan pages:

Clan Introductions
THINBLOODS
oKzqfVW054ml8PPetzH0lKXcBzT2fmoitiU6PAP123u3GkyO5pRXttGCvBMu0lUZYL8SAOg7qccHY4JysmjmyFprF1GP3i8cmtOw6RFKaKDeBxG-wXg91SnuvmgWfAE-p8GvKRwYjximNy4vb7kJtvP4A2IuTS12O8Ppq14=s0-d-e1-ft

In Bloodlines 2, you will wake as a Thinblood - learning about the playable clans and political factions of Seattle - before joining one of the ancient clans.

Thinbloods are a recent, weaker strain of vampire who face a constant struggle to survive in the World of Darkness. While they are often treated as second-class citizens by full-blood Kindred, Seattle’s leadership has been uncharacteristically tolerant of Thinbloods. As Seattle has only relatively recently come under Camarilla control, it remains a city of opportunity where Thinbloods can navigate their way into the higher circles of vampire society; however, they are rarely shown the same respect or legal standing that full-blood clan members enjoy.

Read more on Bloodlines2.com and make sure to check in for more clan introductions.

Watch Now
'Born A Crime'

Thinblood Disciplines
oKzqfVW054ml8PPetzH0lKXcBzT2fmoitiU6PAP123u3GkyO5pRXttGCvBMu0lUZYL8SAOg7qccHY4JysmjmyFprF1GP3i8cmtOw6RFKaKDeBxG-wXg91SnuvmgWfAE-p8GvKRwYjximNy4vb7kJtvP4A2IuTS12O8Ppq14=s0-d-e1-ft

Chiropteran
This Thinblood discipline calls on the vampire’s strong affinity to bats, allowing her to move through the air and summon swarms.

Mentalism
This Thinblood discipline allows the vampire to manipulate objects through telekinesis - allowing them to even pull weapons from enemies’ hands.

Nebulation
This Thinblood discipline allow the vampire to call on her affinity to mist, allowing her to summon and command it.

Learn more about each discipline on Bloodlines2.com

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Maybe this was discussed already but: how the hell do you switch from a Thinblood to a member of a clan? They just let you diablerie some member of their clan as a reward for something??? Or is the Thinblood bit a tutorial and you get to make a new character when you actually start playing?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The • • • • and • • • • • slots grow this power

What's with the dots?

Or is the Thinblood bit a tutorial and you get to make a new character when you actually start playing?

No, he even specifically said you get to keep your selected thinblood powers when you join the clan.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Or is the Thinblood bit a tutorial and you get to make a new character when you actually start playing?

No, he even specifically said you get to keep your selected thinblood powers when you join the clan.

This makes no sense to me from my understanding of how White Wolf stuff worked, but I guess I haven't kept up with their changes. Or are they just tossing the rules out because they want to?

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

This makes no sense to me from my understanding of how White Wolf stuff worked, but I guess I haven't kept up with their changes. Or are they just tossing the rules out because they want to?

They cite rule 0 in the stream: whatever the DM (I know, “storyteller”) says, goes. In this case it’s Brian Mitsoda’s story and they’re letting him run with it.

This made me very happy. Rule 0 is the most important rule. The pedantic RAW crowd can eat a dick.

Raziel

Educated

They cite rule 0 in the stream: whatever the DM (I know, “storyteller”) says, goes. In this case it’s Brian Mitsoda’s story and they’re letting him run with it.

This made me very happy. Rule 0 is the most important rule. The pedantic RAW crowd can eat a dick.
Rule 0 being used with Mitsoda at the helm is very reassuring. They also mentioned that parts of V20 are being used over V5, sounds promising. Adapting tabletop rules to video games format is tricky business anyway, how many games did it well? TOEE maybe.

The Real Fanboy

And remove one of the last remaining rays of sunlight falling upon this here pile of festering compost? Nay, I say. Nay!

QSGbFWI.png
Thanks so much Junta! Btw I never said this before but I legit started watching ContraPoints because of you posting about her and she is so funny and knowledgable and amazing, sis! She's one of my favourite Youtubers right now!

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Oooookay... rule 0 is cool and all - but if you're going to toss out the rules - make sure the end result is something better. We'll see if "join our clan, get cool powers" twist ends up being better.

deuxhero

Arcane
It's telling that "levitate every enemy at once" is a power but the nearest thing to actually levitating yourself is one that clearly can only be used in designated areas.

Wesp5

Arcane
We'll see if "join our clan, get cool powers" twist ends up being better.

FYI, in the Thinblood chapter of "Beckett's Jyhad Diary" several thinbloods are mentioned who spontaneously got their clan disciplines after a time, without diablerizing anyone...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom