Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Oh and I should probably mention that maxing the teacher confidant gives you the ability to do activities during the night, so prioritize it.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
Royal has a new party member, new semester, new confidant, redesigned environments and bunch of other added stuff.
Also you can take the loli wardens to Disneyland.
1556115760720.jpg

Terra

Cipher
And here I was hoping to see a Steam logo at the end of that trailer. Alas, still stuck on console. I'll wait and see this time, Sega won't let them ignore money forever.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So let me get it straight.

Atlus just rerelease the same game on the same platform with extra character and maps for 60 dollars when they can easily sell the extra content as DLC for 20 bucks?

I mean p3p, and p4g is understandable because it was different platform and P3e is also understandable because PS2 dont have enouhh internal memory or infrastructure for DLCs.

But doing 20th century game business practice in 21st like this is kinda scummy.

People who buy the game twice because some extra content at full price are top tier cuckold

flyingjohn

Arcane
It is rare to see atlus release a expansion on the same console as the original. They haven't done that since the ps1.

I do feel sorry for the ps3 owners.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Technically it is half different platform because the game was originally planned for PS3 and just got a PS4 "port" later in the dev cycle
:neveraskedforthis:

Dodo1610

Arcane

Does Atlus know that modern consoles have DLCs without download size restrictions?

Atlus just rerelease the same game on the same platform with extra character and maps for 60 dollars when they can easily sell the extra content as DLC for 20 bucks?

I mean p3p, and p4g is understandable because it was different platform and P3e is also understandable because PS2 dont have enouhh internal memory or infrastructure for DLCs.

But doing 20th century game business practice in 21st like this is kinda scummy.

People who buy the game twice because some extra content at full price are top tier cuckold

Just imagine what would happen if EA or Ubisoft would do this but it's Atlus so no one cares. Fucking hypocrites

Last edited:

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron

It was to be expected since they did P3 FES and P4 Golden.

Jinn

Arcane
One positive aspect of this shit is that it might end up leading to a PC release at some point.

zaper

Yes.
Developer
This game is as stylish as it is eventually boring. The story constantly offends your intelligence as different characters say the same things again and again, as if you were too stupid to remember that you have to do something(and no, I'm not putting things off).

Despite liking the gameplay and the style initially, I just can't put myself to finishing it.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
When I bought vanilla P5, the first question I asked myself was if I’d buy the game or wait for the inevitable Ruby Edition. (Was named The Royal instead.)

Vorark

Erudite

Persona 3 was re-released in Japan as Persona 3 FES, which contained both The Journey (a tweaked version of the 2006 Persona 3) + The Answer (the epilogue) and Persona 3 FES Append Edition (The Answer as a standalone game). The West only got the complete FES re-release, albeit at a lower price than the original 2006 P3.

GarlandExCon

Arcane
So, what I'm getting out of this is: focus on the main quest, than screw around with side content, until another main thingy appears due to time progressing?

I played for another two-three hours, and while I feel like I still don't have enough time under my belt to formulate an opinion on the game, I'm happy I finally got to do anything other than listening to tutorials and going forward.

I wonder where does this fondness for overly slow-burning tutorial intros, which dump a mechanic after a mechanic on you come from.

The tutorials do end and then you're pretty much free to do whatever as long as you complete the main quests on time

Puukko

Arcane
It seems to be twitter trannies complaining for the most part. Nobody sane pays attention to these people.

In the fifth palace now and the difficulty is increasing as there's phys immune enemies now (including Girimehkala which I didn't expect as he's typically a late-game enemy) and these mini bosses are tough, had to look up their weaknesses and actually switch members around to beat them.

kalganoat

Savant
These disappointed Nintendo fanboys are giving me a laugh. They've even started blaming Smash bro director for shilling a PS4 game LMAO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom