Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Imperator: Rome - the new grand strategy from Paradox

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
YeKdT8Y.png

Looks like even the plebs are rioting.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
The game is 1.8 gigs,it is not even beta at this point. They are milking those retarded whales hard. Also there is a pirate copy already.
EDIT:3.5 installed

a cut of domestic sheep prime

The game is 1.8 gigs,it is not even beta at this point.

E99zO1C.gif

It's basically a 2d strategy game though with a few 3d units. Why would it need 20 gig of space? Or even 10?

After years in development, CK2 is still under 4 gig.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Because they released the game on GOG day 1?

(I wouldn't be surprised if those pirates have set up some automated system that directly downloads games from GOG to their servers.)

It got uploaded literally within 5 minutes of release.
which is annoying on multiple levels.

they should do testing on steam first with a closed beta.

also, preorderers have to wait until release to install it, though I guess that with such a tiny size, that's not really an issue.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded:
In the first 5 minutes and it is already painful. This are the options that the game have:
There is no fucking key rebinding,you can't change the map positions or i haven't found any way. also they are binnded like a fucking FPS game. WASD move around and Q&E are to types of simple terrain which is useless 99% of the game. So the maps keys are QERTYUIOP and on the second row is the same buttons but +CTRL. It was made for aliens!!! Fuck also all the useful mapmodes are put in the most retarded position. P is a fucking diplo map,while trade is CTRL+E. Will keep you informed for later idiocy. Also appearance according to florry it lags a lot on power machines,will see how is on my old dragon.
LucDTTS.png

nNQhwrq.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The game is pretty garbage,i got bored of playing it 2 hours in. And yeah Romans are kangz this days. The only interesting thing is the army and army compositions,but i have the feeling that it is not like different units have different roles but they are just pitted one against another and better stats win,thus spamming heavy and steam rolling everything could be legit thing. The rest is just annoying or boring,it could be ignored. Also there is the good old fort zone of control shit,and the ai as always is retarded. It is not a game i am interested when even basic EU4 mods are better. Also it is not well optimized.

And yeah Romans are kangz this days.
thankfully it's moddable.

see ethnicities_roman.txt and 00_genes.txt

edit: nvm, it looks like some characters are pre-coded, so you need to mod them all by hand. Not sure where they are.
edit2: nvm screwed up the mod. works now

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Buahahahahahaha the game is getting fucked everywhere! LoL it is a total mess and people are getting pissed off. My favourite gaf for now is how they decided to make OST a DLC shit but in their glorious incompetence cut it off the game,even the delux edition doesn't have the OST.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I had more fun reading the comments than playing this shitshow. Apparently they even made Sicilian culture a turkik one. The game is total mess,their most lazy release ever.

xvkz2fv.png

WsL4nva.png

Tigranes

Arcane
"Bwahaha I love spending my time reading up on how shitty a game is and seeing random people complain about this product also pirating it day 1 and laughing about how many gigs it is!!!!" This is some next level retardo way to spend your time dude

I'll let it sit a couple days and we'll see what are the actual big things Paradox has fucked up on.

edit: nvm, it looks like some characters are pre-coded, so you need to mod them all by hand. Not sure where they are.
updated my journal. I'm probably still banned from paradox's store for un-diversifying Stellaris, but I will get you men an unblacked Rome and Greece somehow.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

updated my journal. I'm probably still banned from paradox's store for un-diversifying Stellaris, but I will get you men an unblacked Rome and Greece somehow.
It will also be nice if not 90% of characters are strong independent women. It is stupid to see every second barbaric country to be led by a woman with women generals.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom