Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Sometimes to deal with the difficulty of being alive, I need to believe there is a possibility that life is not real.

ss_e0537b8ae06588a62c090fc4c04c954c96a14117.600x338.jpg
ss_a62a5b1ad593cf0c39f494b8b40d6a2bc1036051.600x338.jpg

This software is a simulation, a database of games and narrations, a play, an instrument, a network, two forests, a pond, a conscious slice of pizza having an existential crisis, a chimeric alien reggae band and a modular experience you can send electronically to anywhere in the world. It might not be for everyone. But I made a comprehensive, 136 page guidebook. Click on "View the manual" on the right hand of the page to see it.

Everything revolves around a landscape stage called Polyp’s Pond. There are three protagonists: Smerga, Kaotoa and Skalitir. They are the smartest three remaining AI after a human apocalypse. They are building a machine to generate more living AI. They have computers you can play games on. They are being attacked by swamp creatures. They are sending absurd emails to nowhere and procrastinating and gossiping. You can inhabit the body of one of the Tulpas generated from a previous iteration of their machine and explore Polyp’s Pond. Or you can change the point of view and watch one of the protagonists go about its day of work. You can network computers together and have multiple views going at once. You can talk with other Tulpas and decide if they are AI or other humans who have joined the network. Leave the simulation running all day and see all the different things the protagonists do and make.

By some multimedia artist Jeremy Couillard.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Guess I'll just have to report myself for [citation needed] harvesting.

Also, the longest game title (at 395 characters) is: Summer-Colored High School ★ Adolescent Record – A Summer At School On An Island Where I Contemplate How The First Day After I Transferred, I Ran Into A Childhood Friend And Was Forced To Join The Journalism Club Where While My Days As A Paparazzi Kid With Great Scoops Made Me Rather Popular Among The Girls, But Strangely My Camera Is Full Of Panty Shots, And Where My Candid Romance Is Going.

It's an open-world jRPG on the Playstation 3+4.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy

Saturated Outer Space is a game that combines space flights and tactical turn-based squad battles. The world exploration, search of alien artifacts, gathering and development of a unique team as well as battles in space and on the ground are waiting for you.

You are a squad leader, working for the galactic commercial rescue service. It’s up to you to decide where to go and whose distress signal to take: you can protect the colonists’ ships from the attack of space cannibals or defend merchants from pirate raids, save the settlers’ colony from biological threat or neutralize the AI gone out of control, dig out the asteroids or travel to the limits known space to discover new galaxy mysteries.

It depends on you how the story will develop, who will be your customer and how exactly will the open sector of galaxy change. SOS is a familiar fantasy in a new form, it combines freedom of actions, an extensive plot, interstellar flights as well as ground tactical operations.

The combat system consists of two turn-based types of fights, one takes place between spaceships on the star clusters background and the second suggest the sensitive guidance of each squad unit. During the game you will have to make difficult choices: to control several ships in battle or to slip quietly on one assault spaceboat, to get through the intricate corridors to silently disarm the enemy or launch an attack head-on right from the start of a level.

At this stage alpha-version of project includes:
  • Three-dimensional environment in the Sci-Fi Style
  • Upgrading and development of squad members
  • Ability to assemble a fleet of spaceships
  • Turn-based tactical battles on ground and in space
  • Upgrading ships and customization of their appearance
  • Customization of team’s armor and weapons
  • Diverse factions with their own history, mission and features
  • Opponents combining different combat styles
  • Classes, skills, modules, properties, combinations, effects, ratings, and other elements of a tactical turn-based strategy!

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected

You are the only one who can stop the cataclysm from destroying the land of Elleros.

Every 400 years a cataclysm wipes out nearly all life in the land of Elleros. The last cataclysm was 399 years ago. This is the year everything changes.

Elleros brings to life a complete open world for you to explore in any way you choose. From exploring ancient caves to battling corrupted necromancers, Elleros enables you to play the way you choose.

The fate of the TriImperium hangs in the balance. Battle, Explore and Command: Choices define your experience, and even one decision can change the course of history in Elleros.

A Stunning World to Explore

• Travel throughout countless biomes and fully immerse yourself in a world that is on the brink of cataclysm.
  • Currently features three towns, miles of open world and six planes of the abyssal realms. Updates add content every month
  • Encounter detailed lore and varied magical realms, while meeting or slaying the realms denizens.
Play however you choose
  • Tailor experience from the very beginning. There are no character classes, you can shape your play-style as you please. Play as a mystic and monk who wields a broom refuses to use weapons, a dark magician riddled with magic diseases, or a knight clad in armor favoring a shield.
  • Schools of magic, faith miracles, dark secrets and the weapons of humility enable you to play in the way you decide.
  • Decide how to handle complex issues like corruption and magic diseases, miracles, and upgrades like runes or faith.
Detailed Character Customization
  • Sculpt your champion in your own fantasy or image. The character creator allows you to create your a hero unique from anyone else, and change or mutate them over time.
  • Shape your character’s reputation and morality based on consequences of actions you make throughout the game

MeleeBlow.gif

Engage in Powerful, Terrifying Combat

• Battle against necromancers, dark magicians hordes of the undead or bandits.
  • Unleash spells, monastic powers, stances and 115 different magical spells and skills.
True next generation
  • Day/night cycles and dynamic weather systems affect how the towns citizens, and monsters of Elleros behave.
  • Built from the ground up for next generation hardware to provide stunning game world realism

SecretWorlds.gif

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected

ss_89579cf856a37080d45950d612d54ea90715e3ae.600x338.jpg

ss_3250ea6a64ce98bf55ca07255cff38c307003145.600x338.jpg

ss_f4145e0e79b53ac226c9002e44ac475c0d594e2f.600x338.jpg

In the world of Hypnos, a wide continent scattered with huge fortresses and cities in ruins is yours to roam. Switch between 2.5D and 3D phases and dive into the story of a forgotten universe where fierce opponents await. To reach victory, precision in your movements and observation of your enemies will be vital. Are you ready, Wanderer?
Features:
  • 12 zones to explore: A semi-open world in which you can walk several paths. You can choose the one that suits you. Or choose to discover new ones.
  • 5 bosses to fight: Observe them and learn to anticipate their moves. The timing of your assaults and parries will be crucial to your victory.
  • Constant progression: May it be by crushing enemies or discovering new areas, you'll have the possibility of making the Wanderer evolve. Will you choose to level up, buy new equipment or purchase more lore items to learn everything about Hypnos?
  • Choices and consequences: Each NPC follows their own trajectory, impacted by their encounters with you, as well as your actions. You'll have a direct influence over their personal quests, that can then end in good or bad ways.
  • Customize the Wanderer: more than 20 glyphs available to modify your character's features.

Solid Snail

Learned
Flashback is currently 50% off.
EDIT: Holy hell the italian subtitles are a mess, they don't make sense. I'm trying to change the language to english but apparently you can't. I'm tempted to refund because they used some crappy tier automatic translator and I can't understand what is going on in the game, the whole translation seems chinese to me, with some random words in and there.

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
What's the Kodex Kritical Konsensus on Resident Evil 7?I played the demo and liked it,is this one worth the money now that it's 50% off?Is the season pan worth the money?I am not really a fan of the series,I have only played 1 and 4 and bit and dropped them so I need some expert Kodexian help here

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
What's the Kodex Kritical Konsensus on Resident Evil 7?I played the demo and liked it,is this one worth the money now that it's 50% off?Is the season pan worth the money?I am not really a fan of the series,I have only played 1 and 4 and bit and dropped them so I need some expert Kodexian help here

From everything I have seen it's basically the same type of game as usual, just in first-person. So if you didn't like 1 or 4, you likely wouldn't like this one. I'm in the same boat as you. I've always WANTED to like the series, but just never could get into any of the games.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
If you like Alien:Isolation or Dead Space - go with RE7. It's much different from the main entries in the series. I even consider you to buy the remake of RE2, just wait for discount.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
If you like Alien:Isolation or Dead Space - go with RE7. It's much different from the main entries in the series. I even consider you to buy the remake of RE2, just wait for discount.

Yeah,RE2 is still expensive and I have no emotional ties to the originals to buy it at that price just for nostalgia's sake.Are the RE7 dlc worth the time and money ?

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Dead Space is basically RE4-6 with better controls, so I'm not sure how being like Dead Space makes RE7 different from the rest of the series? Genuinely asking because if it's different I might be interested as well.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
Dead Space is basically RE4-6 with better controls, so I'm not sure how being like Dead Space makes RE7 different from the rest of the series? Genuinely asking because if it's different I might be interested as well.
It's more survival horror than action game. I mean the pace is much slower and uneasiness and feel of isolation. 5-6 are shooters with upbeat music in comparison.

Momock

Augur
Yeah,RE2 is still expensive and I have no emotional ties to the originals to buy it at that price just for nostalgia's sake.Are the RE7 dlc worth the time and money ?
Nostalgia? You don't buy games because they are good, you but them because of nostalgia?

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Nostalgia? You don't buy games because they are good, you but them because of nostalgia?

Like I said I generally don't and more specifically since I have limited experience with the RE games I don't have any emotional connection to the originals,but there are people who are interested in buying a remake because they loved the original.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Naxia, action RPG with "deep and wide combat system of hack-and-slash", from Dubai-based developer:

ss_1fac06598b58e96406bb44355b80c61a5b8cd9da.600x338.jpg

SKYHILL: Black Mist, a top-down survival action game set in "a huge interconnected building conglomerate, a huge condominium", boasting non-linear exploration and different approaches to the problems. This is a sequel, and the previous game was in 2D side-view:

ss_7bf0e2e3604df2dc144c95f9aa80a7a1007c87ad.600x338.jpg
ss_1f96c59bc1e62ee8e62e05915156ff7df07b8b01.600x338.jpg

Digital adaptation of Warhammer Underworlds the board game:

ss_fdcd0b081ea278e23d6f46b59b6c93ab3c4d9042.600x338.jpg

Tamarin, 3D platformer from another ex-Rare devs:

ss_1db9d9111b855713ff668b4124cc36005e1ec212.600x338.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's more survival horror than action game. I mean the pace is much slower and uneasiness and feel of isolation. 5-6 are shooters with upbeat music in comparison.

I'm just saying if he and I both dislike what RE is usually all about then RE7 would have to be very different to be appealing. It being roughly the same kind of survival horror game but in first-person doesn't really work, ya know? I watched a long gameplay clip last night and it definitely looks like the traditional RE experience but in first-person.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected

The secondary characters now have more interactions with the main family, but also with each other! This DLC adds more flavour to your favourite characters, adding new intrigues and romances:

• Nearly 100 new dialogs between secondary characters!
  • 5 new romances.
  • 5 new personals endings.
  • New decisions to make, new bonus Traits to gain, new drama to watch.
Will Lady Tomoe manage to catch the camp thief? How will Shanaw handle Angelico? Eustache and Parvaneh are plotting something too… And Gudrun… is Gudrun.

Included in the free patch: 10 new dialogs and 2 new romances with the main characters.

Solid Snail

Learned
Do you know why Indiegala is so scummy with their prices? They are located in Italy as me, when I go to buy a bundle the price is in USD but the conversion is not only wrong, but they also add an extra fee on top of it, so if a bundle is 5$ it becomes 5.40€ for me. I wanted to get Finding Paradise but I'll just pass and purchase it on Steam instead when it's discounted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom