Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Druidstone releasing on May 15th, now available for preorder

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Ctrl Alt Ninja; Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest

Two weeks after entering beta, Ctrl Alt Ninja have announced a release date for Druidstone. As expected, the game will be out on May 15th, three weeks from today. It's now available for preorder from the official website. They've put together a new preorder trailer which showcases some interesting combat scenarios and abilities.

Are you excited about Druidstone? Are you in the market for a beautifully hand-crafted game made by a small team of dedicated professionals, with the kind of turn-based gameplay that is custom-designed to tell your brain to ramp up that dopamine production? Are you a savvy customer who knows a good deal when they see it and wants to save a cool 10% on the purchase price?

Good! Then you should be pleased to know that the release of Druidstone is upon us! More specifically, Druidstone will be released in just three weeks, on May 15th and we are launching pre-orders today! That’s right, if you pre-order now you will get both a Steam key and a DRM-free standalone version with a 10% discount. You will also receive a special pre-order bonus, a free copy of a digital book, featuring concept art, behind-the-scenes information and other material from the making of Druidstone. The book will be delivered to you two weeks after the game’s release on May 31st and will be sold separately at $4.99.

To celebrate the milestone we have also released a new trailer. As we are a tiny team of just four full time developers, we don’t have the luxury of having a marketing team or even just one person dedicated to PR. In fact, all of us are busy polishing the game. That’s why we’re asking for your help. Please consider telling about Druidstone to your friends, families and on the web. We would appreciate it very much!

Seems like a decent deal. Click the link if you're interested in preordering.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Looks meh. Maybe I'll try it out in 10 years when I'm done with everything else.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Am I watching a video different from the one watched by my esteemed colleagues posting above who are clearly too cool to have fun? Name one (1) game released in the past 10 years with environment puzzles on the par with just these few showcased in the video, lol

Druidstone will easily be the best 2019 release, screencap this
I had some fun with some of the puzzles in Bard's Tale 4.

Also, how the heck can you make any sort of judgment on the quality of the puzzles based on this trailer?

lol

TheGameSquid

Scholar
Aside from the menus (which are positively dripping with mobile aesthetics), it looks... alright actually. This looks like the kind of game that might actually be entertaining for a few hours.

Is this game intended to be totally devoid of "Fog of War"? The deterministic mechanics and ability to see the entire map as a whole gives me a potent "murder puzzle" vibe.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We know a bit about the game's combat mechanics and scenarios, but very little about its overarching structure. The appearance of a world map in this trailer was a complete surprise, for instance.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, LoGII was actually pretty good. This looks decent as well and if there are puzzles strewn throughout, even during combat, sounds interesting. I think it looks good and will give it a try... it is turn-based remember...

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not preordering this, too much of an enigma. But it's definitely a big point of interest on my map. Plz don't fuck it up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom