Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Days Gone - Sons of Anarchy Zombie Apocalypse - PS4

GreyViper

Prophet
I assume they are catering for the Last of Us crowd who got tired of the BS in 2nd installment. Also, I recall it being in development for some time.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Dude every Sony exclusive is catering to the same crowd of retards, because everyone of those ''games'' has the exact same format (well except for Bloodborne).

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
yHWnNMY.png

Dexter

Arcane
Not sure if game is actually shit or "journalists" (repressed homosexuals and frustrated dykes) are butthurt that the protagonist is an evil white male that dares be heterosexual: http://archive.is/XAe7b

jurn-daysgonedlkjx.jpg

Waypoint/Polygon/Kotaku:
ZZLV6SA.jpg

1pW7Svy.png

KK4PcRi.png

Kind of feels like they're using their "GameJournoList" or whatever to push a narrative and give it lesser scores.

But then again, it's just another SNOY "interactive movie game", so who ultimately cares?

Last edited:

DemonKing

Arcane
I played a bit over the weekend - I think the problem is probably it's a jack of all trades, master of none kind of situation. There are a lot of systems at work (combat, stealth, skill trees, bike riding, exploation etc) but none of them are particularly memorable or feel anything more than slightly above average at this stage.

The graphics and atmosphere are quite nice but that's no substitute for good gameplay.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Im enjoying, its not an instant classic like other Sony efforts Horizon, Uncharted, God of War, but its good enough.

Some things i really like:

1. Graphics, the world is beautifully realized... the character models are some of the best i have seen without being uncanny.
  2. Dynamic weather is amazing and sets the standard for anyone trying it on AAA games
  3. Bike, despite the controls feeling off at first, they grew on me until it felt like actual off road bike riding, always on the verge of loosing control + the amazing bike sound design
Some things that i didnt like:

1. Shooting mechanics, terrible... really fucking terrible
  2. Storylines mission design, feels disjointed, also missions dont trigger as they should, sometimes you get radioed with a new mission, sometimes you are left wandering the map without a mission
  3. Voice acting, Deacon is a cool character, but the writing is off, he mumbles way too much, and the voice acting is just weird.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Not sure if game is actually shit or "journalists" (repressed homosexuals and frustrated dykes) are butthurt that the protagonist is an evil white male that dares be heterosexual: http://archive.is/XAe7b

Kind of feels like they're using their "GameJournoList" or whatever to push a narrative and give it lesser scores.

But then again, it's just another SNOY "interactive movie game", so who ultimately cares?
That or $ony didn't send them the usual bag of cum. This shit's no different than all the other Cuckstation garbage they usually praise.

DemonKing

Arcane
Played a bit more on the weekend and the game's grown on me a lot. The bike is fun and the two camps I've discovered have both been interesting in terms of the way they're set up (and different camps offer different services at merchants). I even had a couple of relatively fun (for a console) shoot outs. Resource balance is pretty good in that you're always trying to balance what you need to do with the scarce resources available.

Anyone rating this a 5 or 6/10 game is plain wrong - on my current experience I'd probably say it's a 8 or maybe 8.5/10 effort.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So, i have been playing this extensively since release, and have a fair number of hours. Some updated impressions:

1. Really enjoying the characters , Deacon has a massively flawed protagonist with few redeeming qualities, but i'm loving his journey through the world and his interactions with the other characters, some really emotional moments that remind me of "The Last of Us"
  2. Hordes are challenging enough to make me seek them out just for the fun of it.
  3. Bike riding is just fucking awesome
  4. Overall story is interesting and kept me excited for the next update to each of the character arcs
Some tips for those playing. Focus all your rep efforts on the Lost Lake settlement, they have all the bike and weapon upgrades you need, so send those survivors you find there, they are also more valuable for 1000 rep a pop. That being said, its extremely easy to naturally max out each of the camps.

Best upgrade for the bike are the saddle bags, as they allow you to clean out hordes without having to return for ammo. The m45 special weapon machine gun is god mode with the shoot through zombies skills, so one bullet = multiple kills.

In my opinion this is yet another home run for Sony first party games and an interesting world to build a sequel on, tho i hope they return to siphon filter eventually.

Sentinel

Arcane
So I got this recently cause it was on sale, and opening the main menu (the one with options, restart from checkpoint...) just makes the game unresponsive until I click "restart from checkpoint" and then "cancel". What the fuck is happening? I literally can't go to the options menu cause i cant select anything.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Coming to PC this Spring. https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/playstation-vr-jim-ryan-interview-2021

What about PlayStation games on PC? A whole slate of them is on the way starting with Days Gone this spring.

Fair enough. So releasing PlayStation games on PC was something that Sony PlayStation held back on for a long time. Now it sounds like you’re very much on that bandwagon. What changed?

I think a few things changed. We find ourselves now in early 2021 with our development studios and the games that they make in better shape than they’ve ever been before. Particularly from the latter half of the PS4 cycle our studios made some wonderful, great games. There’s an opportunity to expose those great games to a wider audience and recognise the economics of game development, which are not always straightforward. The cost of making games goes up with each cycle, as the calibre of the IP has improved. Also, our ease of making it available to non-console owners has grown. So it’s a fairly straightforward decision for us to make.

This is following on from your publishing Horizon Zero Dawn on PC in August last year. How did that go?

We assessed the exercise in two ways. Firstly, in terms of the straightforward success of the activity of publishing the game on PC, people liked it and they bought it. We also looked at it through the lens of what the PlayStation community thought about it. There was no massive adverse reaction to it. So we will continue to take mission steps in this direction.

ADL

Prophet
We also looked at it through the lens of what the PlayStation community thought about it. There was no massive adverse reaction to it. So we will continue to take mission steps in this direction.
Clearly he hasn't seen Horizon Zero Omega's tweets about it

ferratilis

Magister
Oh look, another shitty open world game, we don't have enough of those on PC. There is literally only only game worth buying a PS4 for, and it's Bloodborne. Sony knows that very well, that's why they haven't ported it yet.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Steam page:

It's curious they're still using "PlayStation Mobile" brand like they are still distancing with this thing.

Also curious why they don't require a PSN account like Microsoft and EA are doing with their own account systems on Steam. When they likely want to invite PC players to their ecosystem, not just selling games. Is this still testing the water thing I wonder.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
This is free on PS Plus right now. Good for what it is, even though it takes away control a little bit too often in the beginning to play cutscenes. Initially it felt like yet another "everything is bleak and shit" game, but the world grew on me. For a SONY game it's pretty edgy since you have to kill enemies which are basically zombie kids.
Alex Jones Copeland ranting against the Feds is amusing.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
Hm interesting, in that case I'll probably just switch between the two or strike a balance with my steam controller with gyro support.

Ebonsword

Arcane
This is free on PS Plus right now. Good for what it is, even though it takes away control a little bit too often in the beginning to play cutscenes. Initially it felt like yet another "everything is bleak and shit" game, but the world grew on me. For a SONY game it's pretty edgy since you have to kill enemies which are basically zombie kids.
Alex Jones Copeland ranting against the Feds is amusing.

I gave up on this game after, I dunno, six hours or so? The protagonist just felt very passive, which annoyed the hell out of me. He seemed to have no initiative of his own, just reacting to situations. It was especially annoying that he seemed to let the settlement folks treat him like dirt and make him their errand boy.

JDR13

Arcane
It was especially annoying that he seemed to let the settlement folks treat him like dirt and make him their errand boy.

You should have left the settlement gate open and let the Freakers slaughter those arrogant cretins.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I gave up on this game after, I dunno, six hours or so? The protagonist just felt very passive, which annoyed the hell out of me. He seemed to have no initiative of his own, just reacting to situations. It was especially annoying that he seemed to let the settlement folks treat him like dirt and make him their errand boy.

Pussywhipped by Tucker. :troll:

I'm slightly annoyed by the protagonist, but can't pinpoint exactly why. But I don't mind the settlement folk (yet) - they have the resources and errand boy is his job as a drifter. So yes, while he sometimes complains about the camp guys and insults them, he still does their bidding.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom