Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
More classic Kiwi humour:

uukrul_048onkgz.png

uukrul_049ubjmv.png

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It's Strider, and it's a reboot of the series. The original was made for arcade machines by Capcom in 1989 and had some really neat level design plus fun and simple combat. You could venture through some parts of the areas being upside down and overall was positively different than other platformers. The sequel which can be run from MAME emulator just like the predecessor, or through PSX emulator, since it was released for Sony's console as well. The graphics are excellent, mixing 2D with 3D and having a stellar level design all around.

The reboot of the Strider starts really flat. You have a small number of attack options, and the areas aren't interesting to explore. But luckily the game shows the real potential a little bit later, with some big open level and with our virtual hero having a nice set of blades and attacks to choose from. You don't need to know the originals to enjoy it, but if you like this one, you probably will play them later on ;). I would advise using the gamepad though, it felt a lot better than with the keyboard. There is a lot of nasty sections later on and the boss fights will also test your manual skills.

Jinn

Arcane
Got the urge to play some Divine Divinty recently. Haven't played it since 2010, so it feels fresh for me again. Playing as a canon Lucian the Divine, so a crafty Warrior class. Such a beautiful game with great atmosphere, music, exploration, progression. Just a lot of fun. Thought I'd share some screens from the farmlands, Rivertown, Dwarven Village, and the surrounding areas.

hYYBcqZ.png

Sad day for these boys

q2NhpYX.png

Pretty orchard

ybuuXh0.png

Stormfist Barracks

d9FkBXk.png

Dwarftown

I5SMSrV.png

Axeshrine

PillF2d.png

Shrine of Good and Evil

HuIIAqg.png

Dwarf Party

I forgot how fuck-huge this first (outdoor) map is. Good shit.

Last edited:

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
As a person who never played the original card game and never got into those heartstones or whatever, decided to try an actual Magic the Gathering.
That patched 2010 edition works on a windows 10. Like an ass, but works.
IQPG3io.png

bpwSH3B.png
ouAYj8H.png

It doesn't hold your hand or try to ease you into the experience. It just drops you into the world with a randomized deck that is unlikely to be viable or have any solid synergy. Easy difficulty will guarantee you at least a mono-coloured deck.
I like the game presentation a lot and all these old MtG artworks, but it doesn't seem like that i will be able to go far with all the technical issues.

spekkio

Arcane
The face of humanity's last hope...

D2wm1Ct.jpg

:obviously:

Increasing chips drop rate = god mode.

6FefI0i.jpg

Boy! This 9S boy is sure usele...

HmAmVrK.jpg

NVM.

:love:

Blast of hotness from the past:

HspzsQq.jpg

:bounce:

Casual Friday:

u3SdwWa.jpg

Anyway, I think 60 hours is enough:

7PGr7Fz.jpg

6h1GYm.gif

But TBH, I wouldn't mind another 60 (of new content)...

:salute:

It's time to fire up my trusty Steam client and move on to something else...

aTQnTox.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom