Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The City of Heroes Thread

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm going to have multiple characters on both sides either way, so it doesn't really matter to me.

Lhynn

Arcane
Well, they opened a new server, and it has x2 exp through the weekend.

Its also a lot more playable than the other one, less lag. I recommend you all get on exelsior.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Apparently my friends went ahead and started playing on Torchbearer so that's where I'll be. If you men can decide where you want to roll and pick a side we can go ahead and form the Prestigious RPGCodex Magazine supergroup or whatever, and I'll join in on a toon or two if you end up on Torchbearer.

Lhynn

Arcane
Seems like /coxg/ got their server up.
Xor know anything about it?

Xor

Arcane
Seems like /coxg/ got their server up.
Xor know anything about it?
Only that Revolver Ocelot was already taken when I tried to make a character.

I have the costume saved and everything and I'm never going to get to use it. :argh:

Lhynn

Arcane
Seems like No Moderation server, compared to the homecoming server which bans "hate speech". Tho most of the community will stay in homecoming.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Post yer toons.

This is who i'm rolling with right now, tried my hand at the classic Gundam look. I'm usually on Everlast.

4_zpszycp4ptp.jpg

frajaq

Erudite
Having a surprising amount of fun playing this, sometimes the writing and dialogue can be pretty good and funny on the villain side, currently playing on Homecoming servers

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm currently playing in Homecoming due to the higher population (I really love those superhero designs), but I will probably switch over to Rebirth if it delivers on the promise of more stable but populated server. They're also looking into more content, which I'm also very much for.

Xor

Arcane
I'm currently playing in Homecoming due to the higher population (I really love those superhero designs), but I will probably switch over to Rebirth if it delivers on the promise of more stable but populated server. They're also looking into more content, which I'm also very much for.
Fan-made content is shit 10 out of 10 times, but I suppose if any community can pull it off it's the autists of the CoX fanbase.

deama

Prophet
So how do I play this? Anyone have a link to a guide or something? The discord link on 1st page says it's invalid now?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fan-made content is shit 10 out of 10 times, but I suppose if any community can pull it off it's the autists of the CoX fanbase.
I think so. A lot of them seem super into what little actual lore there was, So I can imagine at least one of the new servers have actually good new content

If not that, maybe more costumes.

Xor

Arcane
So how do I play this? Anyone have a link to a guide or something? The discord link on 1st page says it's invalid now?
1) Download Cream Soda (assuming you're on windows, fuck you figure it out yourself if you're not)
2) Run it, it'll ask you to pick a directory for installation. Protip: create a new subdirectory somewhere since it will install CoH there and it doesn't create a new directory itself.
3) Pick a server; Homecoming is by far the most populated, /coxg/ is the 4chan server, and the others are who knows what.
4) Make a character, level to 6 or so, and then make another character because that's how this game works. I'm on my 10th leveling in my 40s and considering making a new alt to level.

For new players the help channel is usually a really good source of information. Although there are some "meta" builds almost everything is viable in this game because most of the content is incredibly easy. While leveling standard IO enhancements > anything else.

I think so. A lot of them seem super into what little actual lore there was, So I can imagine at least one of the new servers have actually good new content

If not that, maybe more costumes.
If memory serves the game actually had a decent amount of lore. It's comic book schlock, sure, but that's what they were going for.

Xor

Arcane
RN74EK5.png

Aaaaand I finally have my meme character. Once I get the Liquid title the joke will be complete.

deama

Prophet
I'm playing on homecoming, what is this about i24, i25 server etc... thing? What's homecoming on?

Xor

Arcane
I'm playing on homecoming, what is this about i24, i25 server etc... thing? What's homecoming on?
Basically, CoX released its patches as "issues", as they'd usually be adding content that would advance the story of the world and it's supposed to be a comic book thing. Issue 23 was the last patch the game was on when it was shut down, issue 24 was the source code that was being developed internally for release and was nearly ready for deployment; that's what was leaked to Leandro by a dev when the shutdown happened, and issue 25 is Leandro's own fork of that source he's built over 8 years on his own private server.

i25 contains numerous balance and content changes that make the game way, way easier than it was intended to be. A determined player can level to 50 and max out their incarnate slots in a few days. You don't even need to do incarnate content to get incarnate materials. You can switch factions by talking to an NPC rather than doing tip missions. I think they removed most types of merits. The cost of merit awards was brought way down for everything. Combined with terrible balance decisions, it's completely trivialized most of the content in the game, which wasn't that hard to begin with.

i24 is the game pretty much in the state it was at when it was shut down, just with the stuff the devs were adding for a new patch.

Homecoming is running i25 and driving its development. Changes to the i25 code get made there since Leandro is a part of that server, and other servers running i25 don't have access to the source so they can really only make trivial changes to what's being run. Rebirth is the first i24 server, and with the i24 source being public, server operators will be able to patch it however they want. I really, really don't like the Homecoming devs - the changes they make are completely arbitrary, done in secret, and then forced on the community without feedback. This morning when I joined rebirth there was a GM discussing in the help channel with players what they were going to do about a few things, and how they were going to hold votes to determine what the community wanted for the outcome. The only downside right now is that Rebirth only has around 80 people logged in.

deama

Prophet
Basically, CoX released its patches as "issues", as they'd usually be adding content that would advance the story of the world and it's supposed to be a comic book thing. Issue 23 was the last patch the game was on when it was shut down, issue 24 was the source code that was being developed internally for release and was nearly ready for deployment; that's what was leaked to Leandro by a dev when the shutdown happened, and issue 25 is Leandro's own fork of that source he's built over 8 years on his own private server.

i25 contains numerous balance and content changes that make the game way, way easier than it was intended to be. A determined player can level to 50 and max out their incarnate slots in a few days. You don't even need to do incarnate content to get incarnate materials. You can switch factions by talking to an NPC rather than doing tip missions. I think they removed most types of merits. The cost of merit awards was brought way down for everything. Combined with terrible balance decisions, it's completely trivialized most of the content in the game, which wasn't that hard to begin with.

i24 is the game pretty much in the state it was at when it was shut down, just with the stuff the devs were adding for a new patch.

Homecoming is running i25 and driving its development. Changes to the i25 code get made there since Leandro is a part of that server, and other servers running i25 don't have access to the source so they can really only make trivial changes to what's being run. Rebirth is the first i24 server, and with the i24 source being public, server operators will be able to patch it however they want. I really, really don't like the Homecoming devs - the changes they make are completely arbitrary, done in secret, and then forced on the community without feedback. This morning when I joined rebirth there was a GM discussing in the help channel with players what they were going to do about a few things, and how they were going to hold votes to determine what the community wanted for the outcome. The only downside right now is that Rebirth only has around 80 people logged in.
I use Tequila to connect to the homecoming server, can I use it to connect to the rebirth one or does it use a different client?

Would you recommend I switch or just stay in homecoming?

Xor

Arcane

I use Tequila to connect to the homecoming server, can I use it to connect to the rebirth one or does it use a different client?

Use Cream Soda instead, or click on options in tequila and add this manifest: https://icanhazchzbrgr.com/Manifests/Rebirth-i24.xml

I would of course recommend playing on Rebirth since Homecoming is Leo's shit easymode server and Rebirth desperately needs more active players.

deama

Prophet

Use Cream Soda instead, or click on options in tequila and add this manifest: https://icanhazchzbrgr.com/Manifests/Rebirth-i24.xml

I would of course recommend playing on Rebirth since Homecoming is Leo's shit easymode server and Rebirth desperately needs more active players.
I registered an account on this website, however I still can't login? Do I need to activate it or something?
https://coh.ourodev.com/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom