Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - the DOWNVOTING thread. Voting closed, but shitposting must go on!

frajaq

Erudite
2 Points
Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Age of Decadence
Elex
The Banner Saga

groundhog

Educated
Probably the most amusing and entertaining aspect of the codex is the rage some people obviously feel because others enjoyed a game they didn't.

trimethylsilyl

Educated
5 points
ELEX (people need to stop voting for meme jank)

3 points
Pathfinder: Kingmaker (no fucking comment)

2 points
Fallout NV (OK game, but nowhere near top 100, especially without mods)

SniperHF

Arcane
I wouldn't waste time downvoting mediocre games that are popular I'd just downvote Planescape a bit because it shouldn't be #1, it's too shit at too many things.
Top 10 or top 5 fine but it's not #1.

Funposter

Arcane
5 Points:
Dark Souls 2

3 Points:

Dragon Age: Origins

1 Point:
Mass Effect 2
The Witcher 3

DS2 is a trash game. DA:O isn't bad, per se, but it's a game that I managed to complete three times back in 2010, and it didn't leave any lasting impression on me. It was aggressively bland. Mass Effect 2 and The Witcher 3 are actually good games but I don't think they deserve to be near the top of a "Top 50" list, or maybe even in it. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to The Witcher 3 being in one of the 40-50 spots.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
4 points:

KOTOR 2 (terrible gameplay, mediocre writing)

3 points each:

Witcher 3 (it's a good game, but it's headed for the top ten here, and it wouldn't even make my top 30)
ELEX (please stop)

mondblut

Arcane
10 points on a list of, like, 50 strategy games, akshun games and JRPGs?

After everyone downvotes his favorite Oblivion or NWN or whatever, you'll end up with such stellar RPGs as Crusader Kings and Nier: Automata. :roll:

Gregz

Arcane
Last edited:

Nuclear Explosion

5 points:
Morrowind

3 points:
Icewind Dale

2 points:
The Temple of Elemental Evil

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
does it still count even though you only launch it to jack off?
Uhm-m... Vanilla game doesn't leave any fap material to jack off to (unless you consider lusty argonian maid as an incline in game erotica).

But it gave modders the ability to make stuff like that.

Vanilla skyrim is a 3/10
Modded skyrim can be a 9/10

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
-5 points:
Mass Effect 2 - this is when Bioware died

-3 points:
Pillars of Eternity - pillars of me falling asleep I'm so bored

-2 points:
Arcanum - I like it a lot but it's extremely flawed and worshipped way too much here. Which is ironic given how much everyone here pretends they just care about mechanics and aren't storyfags.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom