Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - the DOWNVOTING thread. Voting closed, but shitposting must go on!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
-2 points:
Arcanum - I like it a lot but it's extremely flawed and worshipped way too much here. Which is ironic given how much everyone here pretends they just care about mechanics and aren't storyfags.

There's more to mechanics than just combat.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Thought this would be the ultimate butthurt thread, but for pretty much every entry that is listed here it is relatable why one would downvote it.

Well, except for Star Trail, ofc.

Thal

Augur
2 points
Star Control II: The Ur-Quan Masters - It's not an rpg
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - It's an excellent game, but has no business at being in the top 10. Truth to be told, it's more like an action-adventure than rpg to me anyway.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - I never got what was so great about it. It fails at being Star Wars, terribly easy combat, and hated Kreia and can't really even remember the other companions. It's okay, but KOTOR 1 is a better game.

1 points
Alpha Protocol - The dialogue wheel is very well implemented, has decent C&C, but besides that, it's just not that good. Also don't think that Mission/Level type of structure is suited for crpgs.
Dragon Age: Origins - A good rpg, but only good.
Mass Effect 2 - I sort of enjoyed playing it but never played ME3 and that's telling.
Neverwinter Nights 2 - It's slightly worse than DA:O. It's played for MotB, just like NWN1 is played for SoU and HotU and mods.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
-3 Points:
  • Mass Effect 2
  • The Witcher 2
  • The Witcher 3
-1 Point:
  • KotOR 2: The Sith Lords

Mass Effect 2 was fun, and also was shit. It made too many unnecessary changes to the gameplay for "streamlining" the experience. Retadred.

The Witcher 2? Mostly, see above.

The Witcher 3? It was a good game once. Others may want to replay it, but I don't.

K2? I love it, but even with the restoration mod it is an unfinished game. Not Obsidian's fault, but it is what it is.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Among the "cRPG" i've played, i have a short list of 10 games i've enjoyed the least or couldn't even play more than 30 minutes, i've completed 2 of them, though but i would rather never play another computer game than replay either of them.

Still, i'll go with the worst recent ones because RTwP is a plague and we are the cure !

-5 points
Pathfinder Kingmaker
Deadfire

Kitchen Utensil

It's supposed to be played with a gamepad.
Then it's not a PC game and has no business in the PC RPG top.

Nah, one of the great advantages of the PC is its openness, it allows you to use all kinds of input devices, from keyboard and mouse over trackball, gamepad, arcade and all kinds of flight sticks to driving wheels and pedals. Or are you playing the best flight and racing sims with keyboard/mouse and complain that they're unplayable or not PC games?
Seriously, console gamers who don't want keyboard/mouse on consoles for their shitty multiplayer shooters have better arguments than a PC gamer who refuses to use the adequate input device for a given game.

Deleted Member 22431

I would need t least 1000 points to rate them properly. With 10 pts I will focus my hate in:

Alpha Protocol (5 pts)

Divinity Original Sin (5 pts)

Deleted Member 22431

2 Points
Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Age of Decadence
Elex
The Banner Saga
VOTDClockwork.jpg

deama

Prophet
dark souls IS NOT AN RPG!

Also, gamepads fucking suck and are the work of satan, stay away or ur getting raped by hitler.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom