Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Multiverse Edition

deama

Prophet
Macbeth, is there a way to extract all 2D assets from arcanum and replace them with something else? As in, different images?
What, like the modesty mod?
Uhh, I guess. I was thinking of taking all the assets and running them through an AI powered superscaler to upscale them nicely. Now that I think about it though, not sure if that's necessary since nothing really looks blurry in the game. But it might make it better; I'd need some samples to verify.

ugo

Novice
sorry for my bad engrish...

If you address praetor of Derholm in this way , you will start blackroot tax mission without heard anything about it.

1. How did you place me as from beyond the city's walls?
2. And what look would a subject of Cumbria have?
3.Yes, yes, it's all a rich tapestry.
4.Yours is useless, then, eh? (ch -14)
5. I beg your forgiveness, your majesty.
6. {60}{By your command, sire.}{}{5}{}{0}{qu1000 2,re +10}

I think maybe we should change it like this:
{60}{By your command, sire.}{}{5}{}{37}{re +10}

Last edited:

ugo

Novice
I can confirm you can refuse Bates' offer for the ring, my haggle is only 4 , and i choose "That's not enough", then I can lie about the ring isn't with me even I have it in my inventory

Macbeth

Scholar
is there a way to extract all 2D assets from arcanum and replace them with something else? As in, different images?
Yes, they are all packed in dat-files. What exactly do you want to unpack?

is there any way to make it for the player to have the first turn in combat? It was mentioned before, dont know if it was answered.
It is possible theoretically, but too disbalancing.

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just finished a playthrough with multiverse. I don't know what bugs were caused by this mod for sure, but here's a list of some that I experienced:
  • Failing to persuade Kerghan, forcing a battle and defeating him and then using the Vendigroth Device will cause the cutscene of the device being used... only for the bad ending where you side with him to occur. Very strange.
  • (EDIT) I just persuaded Kerghan and I got the same bad ending where we return to Arcanum together despite watching the cutscene of the device destroying him
  • Qintarra murder mystery quest was broken, had to reload and immediately speak to Jormund to avoid the bug - I feel like being in the area where Sharpe's shop is was what broke the quest for me. Even if I didn't look into the vase.
  • Reputation bug when going to new areas (I've read that this is a known bug on higher resolutions) I believe it may have caused several NPCs to become hostile the first time I spoke to them. Some examples included Archibald, (he attacked me as soon as I asked him about Gladys' ring) the sleeping guard in Caladon wanted to attack me on sight at one point, solving the murder mystery bumped him back to moderate dislike and also the gnome and halfling in Caladon hated me instantly.

Other than that, I also had some issues with the game slowing down in a few dungeons. I switched around the ddraw.dll a bunch of times only for it to get worse. Then I switched it back to the original one that came with the installation and the problems went away completely. I did have a few instances near the end of my playthrough where the game would try to load with every single step but reloading the save would fix it. Also a few times I crashed while loading in but trying again once or twice solved it.

Last edited:

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Last edited by a moderator:

NicoDavout

Barely Literate
Hello,

I am trying to install the AME but when I click on install I get "failed to start cls-lolz_x64.exe" message. I have tried to download that file along with a dll and put it in the mod installation folder & system32 but it didnt help. Anyone had a similar problem? Thx!

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Last edited by a moderator:

Macbeth

Scholar
failed to start cls-lolz_x64.exe
Try to update microsoft visual c++ and net framework...

Or you need to download again. Maybe your AV deleted something right after downloading...

Master

Arbiter
How disbalancing would it be to increase the magic/tech area penalties, such as around the train station in Tarrant, or add more areas like these? Somewhere its said that this could be done. Entire surface area of Tarrant (and most cities) should give a strong tech bonus and magic penalty, in some places more, in some less. A tech gunslinger coming to Tarrant should be like coming home, while a mage should just shit his pants, having only a few "oases" like around magic shops, madame Toussodde and the old closed sewers area.
Tulla should be reverse, Caladon zero and so on.
Also if the light/dark area penalties could be increased, like the option in Fallout Fixt to have up to 40% reduced accuracy in "dungeons", caves, underground, possibly at night it applies also.
The idea is to make dungeons more different from regular places, for which you have to prepare for, carry a lantern, cast a light spell etc. And to make a bigger difference between time of day.

Master

Arbiter
Also, in wilderness areas(outside Cities) there should always be a slight guns/tech penalty and a magic bonus. Signaling that a tech should take a train and to throw a bone to magic users.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also, in wilderness areas(outside Cities) there should always be a slight guns/tech penalty and a magic bonus.
Bonus to magic in nature sounds alright.
But I don't see why standing in a forest would hinder your gun or other technical devices in any way, it doesn't make sense. As long as it isn't some VERY magical forest, anyway.

Master

Arbiter
Also, in wilderness areas(outside Cities) there should always be a slight guns/tech penalty and a magic bonus.
Bonus to magic in nature sounds alright.
But I don't see why standing in a forest would hinder your gun or other technical devices in any way, it doesn't make sense. As long as it isn't some VERY magical forest, anyway.
Yeah, maybe just in the Glimmering forest then. Or that entire region beyond the mountain range, it looked pretty wild and untouched by civilization.

Efe

Erudite
you should think of it more like technology vs magic rather than tech vs nature
tech is built on natural order. magic is the unnatural one.

Master

Arbiter
There was a book in the game saying that magic comes from a different universe or something to that effect.

Master

Arbiter
I found these screens of Arcanum with a different interface, probably from some early version of the game?

arcanum009.jpg

arcanum012.jpg

arcanum004.jpg

arcanum002.jpg

screen18.gif

b6c7c46f21404528a5fb1ecb31edb4159a08b14c5fbd0cd497c48da44d88c152.jpg

It would be way cool if this could be restored for the Multiverse edition

Last edited:

Macbeth

Scholar
Update 7 for RePack v1.4.0.x.

What's new:

▪ RePack fixes:
√ Excluded Dernholm guards’ reaction on penetration into the bedrooms of the merchants (partly lack of the original).
√ The combat skills of the Molochean Hand agents are no longer being zero [UAP].
√ Excluded standard portraits for 10 previously uncounted NPCs (instead of portraits there will be race icons).
√ Excluded accrual of experience during using weapons with scripted damage on the containers.
▪ Issues in the original game:
√ Fixed possible repeated quest provided by Blackroot’s mayor.
√ Fixed error in the quest situation with the Bedokaan Village.
√ Fixed non-return error from the Pit after using spell Disintegration.
√ Poacher’s level in the Bedokaan Village increased from 1 to 18.
√ Conductor’s level of the train in Black Root increased from 1 to 11.
√ Lianna Pel Dar now sleeps in the bed during night time.
√ Fixed display of the Pelojian name on the description screen.
√ Wheel Clan Spectacles schematic was moved from Herbology to Smithy.
√ Unique names are assigned to the Schematic and Book in the chest of Thorwald (Thorvald's Schematic and Thorvald's Journal)
√ Gypsy women in Caladon and Ashbury now have weapons and are shod.
√ Tom's Fertilizer in the Tarant warehouse now inside the crates, not under them.

Compatibility:

√ The current update is fully compatible with saves from version 1.4.0.x.
√ Delete temporary files prior to launching the game to activate a part of preferences (checkbox “Delete Temporary Files” in the configurator).
√ In case of problems with updater start, check the availability of update.exe in update_AME folder.
- If it exists then put this file to exceptions of your Anti-virus (just in case).
- If it is absent, check the quarantine of your Anti-virus (or re-install the AME) and put this file to exceptions.

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I had to stop after 5 minutes when he was playing combat in real time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom