Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Rebellion (FFG)

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Considering picking this up. Anybody got thoughts on it?

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Been a while since I last played it. It's definitely a good game and the star wars theme is incredibly strong. If you're a big fan of the original trilogy, that alone is reason enough to get it.
It's a two-player game tho. Don't bother playing with more, even if the box says 2-4. And you need someone to play with who's willing to commit to it. Game's very rules-heavy, has long setup and teardown and especially combat is a rather dry case of bookkeeping. Probably need two or three matches minimum to get all the rules and exceptional rules straight. So if you think you'd be mainly playing with your SO who thinks Settlers of Catan is the pinnacle of complex board games, don't buy it.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Been a while since I last played it. It's definitely a good game and the star wars theme is incredibly strong. If you're a big fan of the original trilogy, that alone is reason enough to get it.
It's a two-player game tho. Don't bother playing with more, even if the box says 2-4. And you need someone to play with who's willing to commit to it. Game's very rules-heavy, has long setup and teardown and especially combat is a rather dry case of bookkeeping. Probably need two or three matches minimum to get all the rules and exceptional rules straight. So if you think you'd be mainly playing with your SO who thinks Settlers of Catan is the pinnacle of complex board games, don't buy it.

I'd be playing with my girlfriend, but she can handle medium / medium-heavy weight games just fine. We play Eldritch Horror, Scythe, Architects of the West Kingdom, Viticulture, etc. This might be a step up, but I don't think it's a big one.

I had heard about the player count, but, yeah, mainly looking to play it 1v1.

I like Star Wars alright, tho I'm not sure I'd call myself a "fan" (don't tell my girlfriend that, tho, for some reason she bought be an illustration with 4 stormtrooper helmets to hang on my bedroom wall).

Anyways, it's between this and the Narcos BG right now, as I'd like a game with subterfuge and people have been comparing these two a lot. I really like the idea of having to hide the rebel base and the general assimetry of the game; if you say it's good, I'm probably leaning towards it, then.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Haven't heard about that Narcos game, but reading your last post I have a hard time imagining how Rebellion could disappoint you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom